Private guest cottage on a gorgeous 1 acre estate in Belmont California. Minutes to San Mateo & Redwood City. 20 minutes to Palo Alto, Mountain View & San Francisco. Easy I-280 & 101 access.
775 sqft, two rooms, 3 beds, full kitchen, parking, pool, hammock & fire pit. Walk to grocery, restaurants, & shops.
• Check-in is anytime after 3pm and check-out is by 12pm noon. NOTE: Since we allow a noon check-out, and our property is typically booked 100% of the time, we cannot honor early check-in requests (or luggage drop-off requests), as we need the entire time to clean the unit. Feel free to ask as we will answer you promptly, however, please do not show up early without prior consent.
• When leaving, please load and start the dishwasher. Please ensure the heaters are set to “2” or “off” if it's warm out.
• Let us know what time you plan on checking out.
• Absolutely NO smoking in the unit or outside on the grounds. If you smoke in the unit, you will either forfeit the entire security deposit.
• We welcome you as our guests and you may have other visitors, however we do now allow over-night guests who are not officially registered as part of the reservation. We are sharing our home with you and we ask for strict adherence to this request.
• Feel free to walk and enjoy the grounds, we just ask that you stay below the main house structure.
• The pool is available for our family, friends, as well as to you, our guests. So don't be surprised if you are joined at the pool by those who are not staying in the guest house with you!
• No pets of any kind.
• Quiet hours after 10pm.
• Absolutely no parties or large events.
• Please do not climb the trees.
===== Groceries: =====
• There is a Safeway just 1/2 mile down the hill that's open 24 hours.
===== Enjoying Your Stay: =====
• If you need us to collect trash from the guest unit, put it in the large tan garbage bin to the left of the front door.
• We'll grind fresh coffee beans the morning of your arrival. We typically use an espresso dark roast, and we can offer you regular or decaf. Just let us know your preference. If you'd rather have tea, we have a kettle and black tea in the kitchen.
• California has some of the highest electricity rates in the nation ( screenshot: ) — and the entire guest house runs on electricity. Please be sure to turn the heaters to “off” or “2” and turn the inside and outside lights off when you leave for the day to help us conserve energy!
• There are a number of board and card games in the guest house closet, as well as a number of books. Feel free to partake!
• There is a high temp + infrared gas grill available for your use, as well as a fire pit. Guests must clean up the BBQ and fire pit area after each use, as there are wild animals that roam the property, such as deer and raccoons. Please be sure to clean the grill with the grill brush after each use.
• The pool has a gate surrounding it - please keep the gate closed at all times as we have small children who may wander into the pool area if the gate is left open. Any children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. There is no lifeguard, so swim at your own risk!
The pool is not heated and will collect natural sand/dirt sediment between cleanings, especially during windy days.
• Feel free to enjoy the grounds, including the fire pit, grill, pool, hammock and a swing set/slide if you have kids. But please do not come up the property stairs to the main house. We ask that you stay below the main house, as that is our primary residence.
• You may see “Grandma or Grandpa Ko” on the grounds. Feel free to say hello to them. Their primary language is Korean.
• If you need to do laundry, we recommend Belmont Plaza Laundry, which is 1.8 miles away. There are also several dry cleaners within walking distance.
• There are many shops and restaurants within walking distance. Here's a list:
• There is wildlife on the property. You will likely see deer throughout the day. We sometimes see raccoons or skunks wandering through late at night. Please do not leave any food outside or feed any of the animals!
• If you'd like our recommendations on things to do in the area, take a look at the list of activities we've posted on , including a magical app called “Detour” which is a location-aware walking tour of San Francisco that we highly recommend.
I'm a tech founder in Silicon Valley, and someday world traveler. My wife, daughter and I live in Belmont, CA.