My wife and I travel a lot and have stayed in several properties around the world. This is the first time that we've had an experience where we're not completely satisfied. The people in the house are young university students, although they're friendly and nice, don't expect this to be high quality. We stayed for two nights and here are the pros and cons from our perspective:
1) Good location that's near a metro link
2) Room was spacious
3) Reasonable price for Manchester
4) Strong WiFi
5) You can come and go whenever you want
1) House and room were very dirty - the carpet in the room was dirty, the linen hadn't been washed, black mould in the bathtub, the kitchen was unhygienic, and the hall/ kitchen has a bad smell
2) The front door was usually left unlocked, which may be convenient for guests but anyone can walk in from the street. We came back in the afternoon, the door was unlocked, but we didn't see anyone at home. We had laptops and cameras etc in our room.
3) It seems that there's only one spare key. Another guest who was staying on the sofa had to ask us to unlock the door so that she could go out. The house mates weren't around.
4) Communication was poor compared to other hosts. Edoardo went on holiday when we checked in, he didn't tell us and gave his housemate (who we weren't aware of) the wrong information about what time we checked in. We tried to call his number when we got lost, but it didn't connect. There also wasn't a number to contact anyone inside the house in case of anything
5) The photos weren't 100% accurate. The room looked different and one of the desk chairs were broken. The living room also has a partition to create another bedroom for his housemate. This wasn't shown on the photos.
If you're a budget traveller looking for a cheap bed and don't mind staying in a dirty place, this will be fine for you. The housemates are nice and laid back. But, this probably isn't the best place for couples. The property would be much better if the hosts made more of an effort to maintain it.
This review isn't meant to be critical, we just want to leave our honest opinion.