At Rex Tamworth Guesthouse we are the perfect spot for groups to crash for events. We can sleep up to 50 people right next to the CBD for sporting events or other large events in town. If you read our regular listing you'll find out more about us!
IMPORTANT: RATES ON THIS SITE ARE NOT VALID FOR THE COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL. Please message us to discuss that time of year.
* We are a private guesthouse with 30 share rooms backing onto common hallways with floorboards that can be a little noisy.
* We are designed to be a step up from camping, caravans and dorm beds but think hostel style accommodation. We are not a hotel. We rate ourselves as one star (although secretly I think we are better than that!!)
* Two blocks from CBD and train station we are one of the best and most central locations in town for any type of accommodation.
* Built in 1935 the building is old and basic. But full of character.
* We accept weekly workers and currently have around 10 or so overseas workers living in one wing who are on shift work and love to use the kitchen.
* Ultra basic share bathrooms. No ensuites.
* No reception and no full time staff. Much of the payment and check in and out is done via email so suitable for independent travellers.
* Free unlimited on street parking.
* Cool free souvenirs like stubby coolers, mugs, lanyards, notebooks, bags or pens in rooms!
* Guests include nightly, weekly and monthly folk from all around the world as well as some locals.
* A social atmosphere with shared dining and lounge and TV. Make new friends!
* Owned by a single parent family who live on site with a young child and two dogs and sometimes foster cats or kittens on the property!
* We welcome other children and because of this can't guarantee a noise-free stay!
* Casual, homely environment. You may see staff or other guests in Pjs and slippers.
* Full kitchen for self catering with everything provided.
* No daily housekeeping in rooms but free linen and towels provided.
* Bar fridges in room, free tea and coffee and starter shampoo and conditioner too.
* Free wifi, early check in and late checkout possible.
* PLEASE read reviews.
* We are AWESOME but we are not for everyone.
Zugang für Gäste
A private room that locks plus share bathrooms, kitchens, lounge and dining areas and outdoor laundry.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I do live on site most of the year so will say hi when I can.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Sounds does travel in this old building so if you want more privacy than hostel-style we aren't for you!
Dieser Gastgeber hat 336 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
I'm a 39 year old solo mama of one boy, Elliott, who is seven years old.
I live at The Rex with my son and our dogs.
We're a friendly bunch and happy to help you get settled in Tamworth and give you some local knowledge. If we are busy then we have instructions on how to check yourself in without our help and we will try and say hi during your first few days!
We love independent travellers, students and families who aren't looking for "the party scene" but want more a friendly, home like vibe. We're very LGBT friendly, love people from all backgrounds and children of all ages. The guesthouse is older style, very basic and clean with a bit of character. Most importantly the guesthouse is safe and in a good walkable area.