We enjoyed our stay in the condo. We especially liked the easy access to the ocean. The waves were a lot bigger than we expected but that was a pleasant surprise for us. We ended up buying a couple of boogie boards to take advantage of the waves.
The apartment is showing its age but was not bad. The rooms are separated from the rest of the complex by a hallway door. The two rooms are connected to each other by a short stairway. The television in the upper room needs to be replaced. Although it's watchable, it looks like some coating on the screen has been removed.
The complex had a sand volleyball court and an employee who tried to gather people to play a couple of times each day. I enjoyed meeting other people while playing volleyball.
There are two restaurants at Solymar. We didn't try the one at the pool which offered a buffet style meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner for the same price (300 pesos or $15 US dollars) per person. We did eat at the beachside restaurant and that was very reasonable and was quite good. Unfortunately, it closed at 5:30 each day so it wasn't usually an option for dinner.
Tips for future guests:
1. Exchange some currency at the airport for pesos. There's no convenient place near the apartment to do that.
2. Regardless of what Allejandro says, if you're not renting a car, just get a taxi at the airport and ask the driver to take you to Solymar condos. Ask the driver how much it will cost before getting in. The taxis only charge about 350 pesos ($18 USD) for the trip. Then look for room 2507 at Solymar, the office for Allejandro's condo rental business.
3. You will need to be able to handle stairs. Although there is an elevator, there's no way to get to the apartment without using the stairs.
4. If you don't have a rental car, try using the bus system. We never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a bus and they're fast and cheap. We took the buses everywhere.
5. The apartment has a decent kitchen area. Although there's no oven, there is a stove, a microwave oven, coffee maker, refrigerator, freezer, etc. The apartment also came with plates, silverware, cups, etc. The supermarkets will even deliver your groceries for a small fee if you don't want to carry it back on the bus.
Overall, it was a good choice for us.