Welcome to the Local's Venice! Our Venice Blvd home is an ideal location, 3 blocks to the beach, 1 block to the Venice Canals, and 1 block from Abbot Kinney Street (voted as THE COOLEST BLOCK IN AMERICA in GQ magazine). Great spot for laid back travelers.
This home is central to both Venice Beach and Abbot Kinney, near some of the hottest shops/bars/restaurants on the westside. No car needed, just bike, walk, or RUN into the waves, coffee shops & hipster boutiques that surround you!
The interior of this one-bedroom is quite spacious for it's time. There are two entrances to the home, the side door by the living room and a front door off the patio that leads to the kitchen/dining area. The ceilings are beautiful old wooden vaulted ceilings and really add to the charm of the home.
In the living room there are plenty of seating areas to entertain, plus an ornamental fireplace. The dining area is beside the living room and adjacent to the full kitchen equipped with glassware, pots, pans, dish ware, utensils and more.
The bedroom with vaulted wood ceilings has a California-king size bed, and a huge closet and dresser. The bathroom has a bathtub with shower head, toilet, sink, window, mirror shelving, plus bath towels.
Other sleeping options include a single roll out cot (hotel style cot bed), and an air mattress. Both can be set up in the living room.
One block east from the Venice Blvd House is Abbot Kinney Blvd. In 2012, GQ Magazine (Gentleman's Quarterly est 1931, NYC, 1 million readers) voted Abbott Kinney Blvd 'The COOLEST street in America'. They are right. AK (that's what the local's call it) is amazingly fun, cool, trendy, new, and visually amazing. The coffee shops serve the finest coffee beans roasted and ground to perfection, all in eco-friendly cups. The clothing shops carry the latest styles, so fashion-forward it's not yet widely recognized, in hemp and bamboo and other alternative materials. The food is unbelievable, organic and locally grown prepared with exotic seasonings in combinations never seen. Tuesday night is 'Food Truck Night', on the block, and on the first friday of every month they celebrate 'First Friday's on AK', a huge street party. All walking distance (or bike if you like) from this rad vacation rental, the Venice Blvd House. No chains or franchises are permitted on AK, this is just the locally-owned small shops of the business of the area.
Zugang für Gäste
You have access to the entire one-bedroom private home as well as the private front patio with locking gate which has dining and lounging areas, a bbq for grilling, and tranquil landscaping by famed local legend Al Schwartz. Put your feet up and take in the beautiful ocean breezes while 'al fresco' dining and reflecting on all the fun the days are filled with!
Interaktion mit Gästen
We live close by and can be on hand if needed, but generally our correspondence is only through email, texts, and sometimes phone calls when necessary. Let yourself in with the key code/lockbox instructions we provide; come and go at your own convenience. For guests that would like more interaction, we are more than happy to stop by, introduce ourselves, and answer questions about the space or the area when we are available, but in our experience most guests prefer to just have their own space.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Pets are welcome! We charge a one-time $50 pet fee for additional cleaning.
Please allow at least 24 hours for repair requests to be fulfilled. We will do our best to accommodate any repairs or special requests within 24 hours of receipt of the request. Please note that sometimes weekends or holidays it may take longer.
1. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes my home such relaxing and special place, as well as Venice Beach in general, I must inform you that the city of Venice has an Ordinance that states it is unlawful to make loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances via complaints from city officials, the neighbors, or other guests, will be subject to a minimum $250 fine and/or eviction without a refund.
2. NO additional guests/visitors permitted in the home or on the property at any time!!!!!!!!!!! Please submit a reservation/reservation request for the exact amount of guests.
3. Please do not submit any third-party reservations, they will not be honored.
4. Any damages or loss must be reported prior to checkout.
5. The home is 100% non-smoking and the gate is to be locked at all times.
6. Pets are welcome with PRE-APPROVAL via the Airbnb message thread and additional $50 cleaning fee, can not be left in the home unattended, and must be picked up after and leashed at all times on the property.
7. Quiet Time starts at 10pm, please be considerate of neighbors when you are coming and going from the home
9. Upon check-out, please leave all dishes/utensils/glassware washed, used towels in a pile, and garbage out to the receptacles.
10. Any additional cleaning required (carpet steaming due to stains, pet-hair removal on furniture, repairs due to negligence), property missing or damaged, or a late check-out will result in a deduction of deposit.
11. Checkout is 11am
12. Keys must be returned at the end of reservation. WE CHARGE $50 FOR LOST KEYS/ KEY REPLACEMENT.
13. Please allow at least 24 hours for repair requests to be fulfilled. We will do our best to accommodate any repairs or special requests within 24 hours of receipt of the request. Please note that sometimes weekends or holidays it may take longer.
14. Constant maintenance and attention are given the property to ensure cleanliness and that all is in good running order – but - things do break, like any household. We make immediate attempts to resolve but DO NOT give any refunds or compensation for temporary loss or use of any appliances, power losses, etc.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 1096 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
Hi! I have lived in Venice and Marina del Rey for more than a decade. It's a wonderful area and it makes me happy to share this community with guests from all over the globe!!