Über dieses Inserat
The House of Blue Mangoes is a leisurely Franco-Tamil experience. The House's yellow walls and French beds blend seamlessly with its beautiful Tamil courtyard and 'thinnai'. There's plenty of open space to sit back, relax and to let time slow down. This listing is for room 'Kavya' which opens into the House's Tamil courtyard. The bathroom for Kavya is across the Tamil courtyard (about 20 feet from the room) and is exclusively for the guests staying in that room.
Nestled in a quiet lane in Pondicherry, The House of Blue Mangoes takes inspiration from David Davidar's book by the same name. Restored lovingly from ruins and rubble, the House is a seamless blend of classic Tamil architecture and pan-European sensibilities. The charming little 'thinnai' or sit-out at the entrance traditionally invites anyone passing by to relax and rest a while. A beautiful, open Tamil courtyard welcomes the first rays of the sun and offers the perfect spots to unwind, read a book, or simply do nothing at all. Chrome yellow walls and French beds are constant reminders of influences from across the seas. Every bit of furniture in the House is a carefully hand-picked piece of history. Our three rustic bedrooms - Kavya, Isaioli and Calanjali - are tastefully furnished with antique beds, cupboards and other things vintage. Of course, air-conditioning, geysers and comforts of a boutique hotel do exist, but they do not intrude. Still, nothing feels quite like home unless there's a friendly kitchen; so our fully-equipped cooking space lets you make your coffee and comfort foods just the way you like it at home. There are plenty of open spaces around the House, as you'll quickly discover; and if you wander across to the far end of the House, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you chance upon - a garden spotted with tiny blue mango saplings. It is our hope that they grow up quickly to make the House of Blue Mangoes what we've always wanted it to be - a quiet place to perch under while the rest of the world goes on with its usual frenzy.
Zugang für Gäste
There's no dearth of open spaces. Feel free to use our 'thinnai', lounge around the Tamil courtyard, open-to-sky corridor, terrace, patio and garden. There is also a fully-functional kitchen equipped with a gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, toaster, essential pots, pans and cutlery.
Interaktion mit Gästen
While we stay a stone's throw away from the House, we travel quite frequently. If we're in Pondicherry during your stay, we'll be sure to help you in anyway we can. In our absence, you can call us any time, and we will make arrangements to make your stay as comfortable and cozy as we possibly can.
• Our check-out time is 12PM.
• The designated smoking area in the House is the garden. Smoking is(URL HIDDEN)prohibited in all other areas of the House(URL HIDDEN)Loud music or any activity that disturbs other guests staying at the(URL HIDDEN)apartment or our neighbors is prohibited.
• RO purified drinking water is available in the kitchen.
• Free Wi-Fi is available in the House and the password is displayed(URL HIDDEN)on your bedroom door.
• Housekeeping hours are from 11.30 – 2pm. If you need your towels /(URL HIDDEN)sheets changed or your bathroom / room cleaned, please hang the(URL HIDDEN)service cards kept in your bedroom on your bedroom door.
• If you care for the environment, join us in conserving water by reusing(URL HIDDEN)bath towels and bed linen.
• If you are checking out when there is no housekeeper around, please(URL HIDDEN)leave your room keys on the table inside your bedroom, pulling the main(URL HIDDEN)door shut as you exit.
• Breakfast and other meals are not included in your booking confirmation.(URL HIDDEN)However, we stock cereals, milk, tea and coffee powder in the kitchen as(URL HIDDEN)backup meal in case you do not feel like stepping out.
• Please switch off lights and fans in the common areas and ensure that(URL HIDDEN)the main door is shut before retiring to your room.
• Please ensure that the AC, fans and lights in your bedroom are switched(URL HIDDEN)off before you step out.
Wenn du bis 24 Stunden vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine vollständige Rückerstattung. Wenn du innerhalb von 24 Stunden vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die erste Nacht nicht erstattungsfähig.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 94 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen