3 to 6 Blocks to Washington DC Convention Center. Premium, hippy & convenient location. Renovated & Separate condo in lower level of a nice Victoria townhouse. No share with host, host is available for 24/7. Closet, 2 windows, TV & desk in room.
Most previous complaints/low ratings were due to bad Comcast cable, which leads to no wifi, no TV & wifi door lock could not open. Recently Comcast has fixed it by installing a BIG cable box in our building. Now internet, TV and lock all work great.
1. Private bathroom is inside your private bedroom.
2. everything works. most things are new. wood-laminate floor.
3. though it is not small for a central DC room, it has irregular layout. Still, some people may find the space be tight for 2 persons.
4. This room is located on an English basement condo, which means top half the condo is above the ground, and lower half the condo is below the ground. But around the condo, it is dug out, so the the ground earth/cinder blocks is at least 4 feet away from the windows and the house.
because the room is on the basement floor, guest may hear the noise: the walking steps from the up floor.
6. room temperature: we strive to provide the most comfortable room temperature for our guest: less than 75F (24C) for the hot season, more than 70F (20C) for the cold season. According to various website, the most comfortable temperature is 70F to 75F.
That said, the condo has central AC/Heat. Please adjust the vent to adjust the temperature. But if you close it, please open it back to the open position before you leave.
If our cooling/heating is too strong, please open the window.
Each room has a fan.
5. This condo has another 2 guest rooms. Please be courteous to other guests, e.g. no loud talk/phone/tv after 10 pm inside the building or near windows outside.
Zugang für Gäste
This is a separate condo, so guests do not share anything with the host. Guests have private access to their room, and bath. The condo has no living room. But almost everything you need is in your private room.
kitchen: the kitchen has everything except the stove.
the kitchen has Samsung microwave, refrigerator (which provides filtered cool water and ice).
the gas stove does Not work. Please use the microwave instead.
Interaktion mit Gästen
The host work at home on the upper floor. so if you need anything, we are always around. The office work hours are: 7 days a week, 7 am to 11:00 pm. If you need anything in other time, please inform us during regular office hours.
Weitere wichtige Infos
1. a full size bed with headboard, and 12 inch thick memory foam. very comfortable.
2. TV: it is a new Samsung 48 inch Smart UHTV (4k). Cable has All channels, including sports and premium movie channels (HBO, showtime, etc.). It also has Netflix.
3. Ice and drink water: Our side-by-side stainless steel Samsung refrigerator in the kitchen provides ice and filtered cool drink water.
You can use the coffee maker in each room to get hot water (e.g. for Asian who only drink hot water or tea).
4. Living area has sink, big Samsung microwave and refrigerator, washer/dryer. the guests are welcome to use them.
The gas stove is shut and Not usable. We do so to prevent cooking in the kitchen. There are many reasons, primarily for the benefits of people who do not want to cook.
1). safety. so no gas and fire problem.
2). space and noise. as we have repeatedly stated, the space is tight. if some guest cooks, eats and lingerings in the kitchen, it affect everybody in the house.
5. No private parking space.
there are public parking garage, but they are not cheap. for example, o street market has a public parking garage. it is about $30/night.
Crystal Parking has parking lot nearby. it may be unpaved. they may charge $20/day (like anything in the world, please contact them to know the details and fine print). Please g00g1e them or contact them by ph0ne: (tw0 o tw0) 3-five--zer0, sixteen--sixteen, or (seven o three) tw0 seventy 0ne, e1even twenty 0ne . The a--d---d---r---e---s---s is: one three twenty two Ninth St Northwest, W--a--s--h--I--n--g--t--o--n, D---C 2ooo1 (sorry that we have to write this way because airbnb is a dictator and does not like phone number, address and web url. we may still fail because now they use artificial intelligence to recognize patterns).
7. Public Transport:
Shaw-Howard metro station, green and yellow line. south exit (8 & R, Not shown on G_00g_1e map). One block south, turn right on 8 & Q.
From DCA (National Reagan), take yellow line metro.
From IAD (Dulles), Bus 5A ($7/person) to last stop, Lefant Plaza, take Green line metro.
From BWI, Bus B30 ($7/person) to last stop, Greenbelt, take metro Green line.
At metro station, you can buy metro card (Smart Card) using cash or credit/debit card. You can Not buy smart card in bus or bus station. bus takes cash, but gives No change.
From Union Station:
You can walk about 40 minutes, or take metro subway (Red line to Chinatown to change to Green or Yellow line) or bus (96) about 15 minutes. Uber/lyft is about 10 minutes.
The recommended transportation to union station is uber/lft which costs about $6 to $7, taxi is about $10. so if you have 2 people, uber is cheaper than bus.
According to online estimate: uberX: $6-7 , Uber POOL: $4.31 uberXL: $9-11 uberX + Car Seat: $15-17 UberBLACK: $16-20 BLACK CAR + Car Seat: $26-30 UberSUV: $25-28 SUV + Car Seat: $35-37
you can only enter the train entrance via smart card, no cash.
For bus, you can use cash, but No change. You can also use smart card.
8. This is a legal unit, and registered with DC government. Of course, airbnb pays DC government 14.5% hotel sales tax.
9. If you travel to/from new york city and washington dc, you may want to consider take bus. It is less than $25/person one way, about 4 hours 30 minutes bus ride. Goog1e Mega bus, Bolt bus or Chinatown bus.
10. safety: this is a safe neighborhood. that said, this is central washington dc. there are many and diverse people.
11. Due to many reasons, one of reasons is for the security because we are in security sensitive central DC, we do not accept your shipping/delivery. So please do not ship your purchase to us.
For Amazon, please ship to Amazon pickup location at 7-eleven store. it is free and open 24x7 around the corner.
Amazon Locker - Kelin
397 ft · Washington, DC
((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Open 24 hours
If you ship anything to our address, please be here outside the door and take it yourself.
We charge Big fee if we are forced to take your delivery. So please do not ship your stuff to us.
1. The person who books the room should stay in the room. if you book for other people, please notify us.
2. no pets. no smoking inside the building.
3. No late night (after 10 pm) loud talk, phone talk or TV.
4. our cancellation policy is Moderate via airbnb. both the guests and the hosts are bound by this policy. please read it here:
5. Please buy your insurance for emergency.
I work at home as a travel agent, and have been in Washington DC area for more than 20 years.