Hello Shannon. Ridgecrest Headquarters is indeed a beautiful home. Yosemite Region Resorts takes seriously the condition of all the homes that we manage. The morning after your arrival we received an email from you with a tick list of things you wished to be addressed. I responded to your email sent on a Sunday May 21st at 8:25am. My initial reply to you was at 9:10am on Sunday May 21st, even though I was still at home and our office did not open until 11am that day. I subsequently sent you multiple followup emails as I had more information to keep you updated. Ridgecrest Headquarters does not have a telephone. Our office is open 7 days a week during high season, and we are available by phone 7 days a week. I talk to people on the phone all day long, everyday, as do my 3 staff members. Your review is quite harsh considering that the list of items you emailed concern over, were all addressed within an hour of your message. And considering that you cost the homeowner $175 for an emergency propane service that was only necessary because someone in your party bumped a stove top knob leaving in the on position, so the house smelled like propane. The propane company is required to visit the property anytime a possible leak is reported. There was absolutely no gas leak in the house whatsoever, aside from the stove knob being found in the on position when Rob (owner of Yosemite Region Resorts) and two housekeepers were dispatched to visit the property and assessed the situation. Additionally we put a call into the propane company and they promptly visited the property to conduct a thorough investigation. The propane company found everything to be in good order. Your poor rating comes after you opened a claim for a refund through Airbnb, we provided all documentation and email correspondence to the case manager who agreed with us that a refund was not in order. You reported that the house had '6 light bulbs out and cobwebs all over the house'. When housekeeping visited the home, they found one light bulb out in the kitchen that when touched came on... it had been partially unscrewed; housekeeping simply tightened it and it worked just fine. They found one light bulb burned out in a bathroom and replaced it, (all light bulbs are checked prior to every guests arrival, as part of our pre-arrival inspection, and all were working fine; bulbs can burnout at any moment). Housekeeping found a cobweb in the stairway leading to the garage and one in a closet, these were removed; aside from that, the house was in pristine condition when you arrived. You were disappointed that the jets in the master bathroom tub were not available for use. I understand that completely, but we are still officially in a drought and the homeowner shut the jets off to the tub (unbeknownst to us) to curb guests from filling the tub due to the drought. We ask in the written description of the property here on Airbnb that guests do not fill bathtubs during times of drought. This information was there for your review prior to requesting to book this home. Water conservation is important and we all have to do our part. You mentioned that the master bedroom mattress was terribly uncomfortable. I talked with the homeowner the same day you mentioned the mattress and in less than a week, the homeowner had a new mattress delivered to the home. As I mentioned to you, I didnt recalled anyone complaining about the master bedroom mattress before, but I took the complaint seriously and I insisted that homeowner did too. You reported that the swamp cooler hose was leaking. During our pre-arrival inspection the cooler and hose were working properly with no leaks. Housekeeping tightened the hose and the leak was remedied. Sadly, we get no appreciation or kudos for responding to you within minutes, dispatching 3 people to visit the home immediately to assess the reported issues, respecting & addressing your concerns (much of which were exaggerated), all said issues were remedied within an hour, presenting a beautiful and clean home for your stay and leaving a gift bag upon your arrival. And no apology or acknowledgment that you cost the homeowner for your mistake.
Sending Peace, Tara / Owner, Yosemite Region Resorts