Live in the heart of trendy South Riverdale. This large, bright two story semi-detached home includes three bedrooms with two queen size beds and one single bed, cozy backyard and deck, amazing front yard garden and porch for morning coffee in this beautiful neighbourhood. The house has 10' ceilings, custom light fixtures, hardwood floors throughout, ceiling fans in all three bedrooms and the charm of 19th Century home.
The house has everything you need to enjoy your stay: television, VCR, movies, music, books, gas BBQ, and a fully equipped kitchen with all the needed condiments and cooking spices/oils. There is also a selection of kids games and art supplies in the sideboard in the dining room that is available for your use. The house has central air conditioning and Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi username is Funnylion and the password is Elderberry45.
The house is conveniently located at the edge of South Riverdale and Leslieville. To the north, up Logan Avenue, you can take a 15-minute stroll to Withrow Park. Past the dog park, you will find a child’s playground, a little further north, a wading pool and, on Saturday mornings, a farmer’s market with locally grown produce, fresh bread and buffalo homemade cheeses. Further up the street is Danforth Avenue, also known as Greek Town, which sports numerous restaurants, clothing shops and, my favorite, a homemade gelato shop.
Few steps away to the south of the house is Gerrard Street East. On the south side of the street is a wonderful child friendly restaurant, The Mad Dog Café, which serves the best breakfast in town. Johnson, the owner, lives in the neighborhood and is not only a great cook, but also a friendly shop owner with lots of knowledge of the community and upcoming events. To the west on Gerrard Street is little China town, which has an array of Chinese restaurants, groceries stores, and one of the best French restaurants in Toronto, Batifole. A 15-minute walk south on Logan Avenue will bring you to the heart of Leslieville with its bakery, cheese shops, organic butcher (Rowe Farms) and wonderful restaurants including my favorites Joy of Java, the Marmalade and La Brioche.
Public transportation is conveniently located at Gerrard Street East and Logan Ave with streetcars that go west to the downtown core and east to the beaches, including Ashbridge’s bay and Kew Gardens. A block east at the corner of Pape Avenue and Gerrard St. East is the 72 Pape Avenue bus that takes you north to the Danforth/Pape subway stop and south to Cherry Beach.
Please don’t hesitate to call or email me if you have any questions regarding the house, its location and the surrounding area. I will be available through email and by cell ph(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) throughout your stay. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Zugang für Gäste
Guest have access to the main floor and the upstairs.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Dian, the property manager, will be able to answer any questions you may have. She is available by phone and lives just around the corner if you should need anything during your stay.
• There is absolutely no smoking allowed in the house. Please smoke outside on the front porch or in the back yard. You will be charged the full damage deposit if you are found to have smoked in the house.
• The basement and upstairs hallway closet are not part of the rental. These doors are locked. Please do not attempt to open them or use their contents.
• The dishes in the display case in the dining room are for display only. Please do not use these or anything else in the display case as they are antiques and damage easily. There are napkins and table clothes in the lower draw though for your use.
• Ensure that you lock up when you leave the house for outings e.g. close all windows and lock all doors.
• Set the air conditioning unit at a comfortable rate. Please do not leave it on full when you are out. Turn it off or down and start it up when you return. It will cool the house quickly.
On Check out:
• Please place the house keys in the lock box on checkout.
• Ensure all windows and doors are locked and AC is off.
• Empty the fridge of any left over food and place in compost using compost bags.
• Empty garbage and place garbage in the appropriate bins, which are on the side of the house.
Green bin is for compost (compost includes fruit, vegies, and grains. The container for this refuse is under the sink);
Blue bin is for recyclables (glass, paper and plastic. Use the blue box in the back area of the kitchen to store these items):
Black bin is for garbage (Place all other refuse in the aluminum garbage can in the kitchen).
The garbage will not be picked up if it is not properly sorted. Be sure to secure the bungee cords so that the raccoons do not get into the bins.
Thanks so much for your cooperation in this regard.
I hope you enjoyed your stay.
I love traveling and visiting far off, out of the way beautiful environments, different cultures and people. I do most of my traveling during the summer months and rent my home during my sojourns. I think you will enjoy staying at South Riverdale Charm; I have a wonderful property manager, Diane, who will take care of all your needs. Hope to be your host during your visit to Toronto.