HELLO! BONJOUR! BUENOS DIAS! OLA!
Our roomy house sleeps up to 10 but has a base price for just 2 people. This is an older house that is comfortable but not updated. Please see our other listings on this property (Cozy Chalet & Clearwater Chalet) for 170+ reviews, including reviews of area. The Bungalow is the main house, and the studios (the chalets) are in the detached garage. All 3 units share the driveway & back yard, but deck behind the house has privacy. FREE PARKING.
1400 SF, 2-BR house. VERY ROOMY & COMFORTABLE. First BR has 1 bed. Second BR has 2 beds (1 downstairs and 1 in loft). There's a 4th bed (very comfy futon) in the sun room. There is lots of space to hang out: there are 3 common rooms, a large deck out back, and 2 bedrooms, including 1 with a loft.
We have what you need for a comfortable, fun, relaxing stay: a full, well-equipped kitchen, a large deck out back, and spacious living areas. Sheets, bedspreads and bath towels are provided. TV has only a few channels since we don't have cable, but it's a smart TV, so if you have a Hulu or Netflix account, you can stream either one.
We are just 5 miles to Clearwater Beach (10 minutes without traffic), 8 miles to Honeymoon Island & Caledisi Island (voted in top 10 beaches in US), and 1.5 miles to downtown Dunedin, with its quaint boutiques, restaurants and marina. Tarpon Springs, "the sponge capital of the world," is a 20-minute drive north, with lots of Greek restaurants, shops, and of course, natural sponges. St. Petersburg and Tampa are each 30 minutes away. You can drive 1 minute to the water's edge and watch osprey and pelicans dive for their breakfast.
Bus stop is 1 block away. The area is great for cycling, and there are many bike rental places nearby, and also a place that sells refurbished bikes if you're here for a while.
LOCAL TELEVISION ONLY, BUT CAN GET NETFLIX OR HULU - no cable
FREE PARKING in our driveway - you're never blocked in.
BUS STOP (bus #66) 1/2 block away, goes to downtown Clearwater. You then change buses to go to the beach. (But I recommend renting a car, since you'll be limited by public transport here).
EASY CHECK-IN & OUT: I don't need to be here if you arrive early or late, so you can check yourself in and out (there is a lock box).
We look forward to helping you have a great stay in Clearwater!
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to the whole house and the back deck, which opens out onto the back yard. Back deck is private, but back yard is shared with the 2 studios on the property.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I can sometimes be found gardening in the yard. Otherwise, I'm nearby and just a text or call away. I leave the level of guest interaction up to you.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Please be aware that we have a very steep ladder going up to the loft in the second bedroom, which is why I recommend only for kids ages 10 and older.
House is older, and kitchen is not updated, but has updated appliances. The windows are the original ones from 1920.
To keep the floors clean during your stay, I recommend you remove your shoes when you enter, and put on house shoes to wear in the house.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON AIR TEMPERATURE: due to the exorbitant cost and difficulty of cooling a 1920 home with single pane windows, our a.c. does not go below 77 degrees; however, it feels cooler than that, maybe due to the ceiling fans in every room.
1) Be respectful of neighbors by keeping outside noise to a minimum after 9 pm.
2) No smoking inside or in front of home, ONLY on back deck.
3) We generally do not except pets except on a limited, case-by-case basis, and no cats. Message me with the age, breed, and weight of your dog and I will let you know what the pet fee will be. Also, all dogs must be on flea medication.
4) All dirty dishes and pots and pans must be rinsed and put in dishwasher immediately (or washed), and counters must be kept clean and food put away at all times so as not invite bugs (this is Florida).
5) No illegal substances or activities allowed anywhere on the property.
6) No sandy towels, linens or clothes in washing machine. Shake outside first. If washer becomes clogged and repairs must be made, it will be taken out of your deposit.
7) All EXCESS SAND MUST BE SWEPT from the house before you leave it.
8) Seems obvious, but it has happened: do not leave windows open while a.c. is on.
9) The owners are not responsible for any accident, injury or illness that may occur while on the premises, or for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
10) Guests must notify and pay homeowner beforehand, via Airbnb, for any additional guests that stay overnight.
11) Guests shall allow homeowner access to the house for purposes of inspection and repair. Homeowner will notify guests in advance if access is deemed necessary.
12). Please put all empty food containers in CLOSED bags before you put them in the trash.
13). No candles allowed.
14). Guests must get written permission from me to receive mail, and all mail must be addressed with the guest's name, c/o Anna Diaz, then the address.
15). Loft only for use by kids 10 and older. Must face the ladder while climbing up and down. No climbing on loft railing.
I love meeting new people, and traveling to new places to learn about our big world. Favorite travel destinations: Bora Bora, Paris, Brittany (France), Tiradentes (Brazil), Florence, Italy. I lived in France, Italy, Vietnam and Brazil because I love learning about other places and cultures. Through these experiences, I have learned to speak fluent French, and am able to carry on simple conversation in Spanish and Portuguese.
It's so fun hosting on Airbnb because I get to meet people from all over the world. Our Airbnb properties are open to all, regardless of nationality, race, sexual orientation, creed, or religion. We are all individuals, and that's what makes our world interesting!
I love the outdoors, and my favorite thing about Florida is all the flora and fauna. I've never seen so many different animals in all my life! We have the largest concentration of bald eagles in all of the lower 48 states. Plus we have all types of birds, reptiles, etc.
I hope you can come enjoy all that Florida has to offer. It's well worth it. I am around if you have questions about the area. Feel free to call, text or email. HAVE FUN!