Dear Marie & Dean,
We're very sorry that you were disappointed and we are saddened by your negative comments which seem most surprising in light of the information which follows.
1. Please note that it states very clearly on this listing that our "home is located in West Busselton". We even give a specific street address to avoid any confusion so we are at a loss as to the cause for your complaint. The address is roughly 3.7km from town, not 7km as you have sadly and incorrectly commented upon. We deliberately spelt out the actual address to avoid any confusion so of course we are saddened by your review which seems very harsh.
2. This is a self catering house. Nonetheless, we left basic pantry items but these have obviously been used. We are unable to control pantry items as we rely on guests to replace the items that they use. This is not something that is given a lot of thought because the house is self catering. Accommodation of this standard is extremely rare at such a low price so we had hoped you would celebrate the value for money. Nonetheless, we can understand that different people have varying expectations and we are sincerely sorry that you expected more.
3. The cleaning fee is set by Exclusive Escapes and we assure you that they do not make any profit from this.
4. We apologise for the lack of communication by our agents and can appreciate that this would have caused considerable frustration.
5. We do not have unlimited firewood supplies and we factor this into the price of the accommodation which is extremely competitive. Firewood is located at the petrol station & corner shop less than 500m away. We had hoped that a bucket of firewood, firelighters & even matches would have been cause for celebration, not complaint.
Once again, we are sincerely saddened by your disappointment.