Über dieses Inserat
My place is in the historic West End of Portland. It overlooks a park with a playground and indoor pool. Close to the award-winning restaurants, beach, family-friendly activities, nightlife, public transport, and the airport. You’ll love my place because of the historic details, pretty view of Reiche Park, high ceilings and cozy atmosphere. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and furry friends (dogs).
Large private room in historic home (c. 1864) with queen-size pull-out sofa. Room has TV, audio player, bar and gaming table, books, and comfortable sitting area. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer a greater feeling of space and lots of light. Adjacent dining room has board games for use and a gathering place for friends and area take-out meals. Wifi and other amenities available as needed. Bathroom (with clawfoot tub) is close to room, off kitchen.
Zugang für Gäste
Private room in living room, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, and hallway, as well as driveway and/or free street parking.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I will be available for questions via pone, text or in person during guests' visits. While I will be around and expect to greet guests when they check in, I do not impose myself, but happy to be available if needed. Being a tourism professional by day, and one who enjoys the city life by night, I am able and willing to assist with visitor information, suggestions, and other (useless) bits of knowledge.
Weitere wichtige Infos
There are two hospitals–Maine Medical Center and Mercy) in walking distance the area rarely loses power (and if so, not for long), and the location is convenient for people visiting patients or needing treatment.
- Parking in the driveway if available. Additional free street parking except Second and Fourth Monday nights of the month
- 1 Bathroom for the home so please knock
- Home is in a downtown residential neighborhood, so its city living at its best which may also mean late-night city noise, including people outside. Close to two hospitals, so sirens possible.
- Dogs must be under voice control and housebroken, licensed, and have all vaccinations and free of flea and tick infestation
- Additional rooms may be added additional people for $150 each
- Please note allergies (i.e. food, medical, etc)
- Please note coffee and/or tea preference (regular, flavored, decaf) as well as juices
- Please remove shoes when entering apartment to preserve hardwood floors
- Please be respectful of downstairs neighbors
Wenn du bis 24 Stunden vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine volle Rückerstattung inklusive der Service-Gebühren.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 2 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
Creative professional and author with a passion for all the arts, culture, frivolity, food, and fun the urban lifestyle affords. Having lived in Chicago, Boston and New York City, I found perfection in Maine's largest city where its so easy to escape to unspoiled seascapes and mountains! The best of all major cities offer with none of the aggravations!
I love baseball, theatre, good food, and a quiet oasis. With professional (AA Red Sox) baseball Sea Dogs, equity theatre and Broadway touring productions, James Beard award-winning chefs in a packed culinary scene, all surrounded by ocean, rivers, pastoral landscapes and mountains, there is little reason to leave the metro area!
Rare occasions to leave Maine, find me visiting friends and family back in New York and New Orleans!
AirBnB allows people to visit like locals live! I open my townhouse to those who want to immerse themselves in downtown Portland, and am available as a resource, not to be in the way, but to assist and guide when needed.
Guests are welcomed to my historic West End working-class Victorian-era home (build when Lincoln was President) and will be treated to local treats from culinary award-winning bakeries and/or purveyors.
Portland welcomes you, as do I.