My place is good for couples, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets).
Relaxing four season log home on beautiful Lake Eden. Centrally located just 20 miles more or less to the best skiing in the East: Stowe, Jay Peak and Smuggler's Notch. Enjoy 300' of waterfront. Paddle a canoe, take a swim or try some fishing. There are seasonal activities galore, or you can opt to just relax and curl up with a good book next to a roaring fire. New England at it's finest!
- Weekly stays preferred in summer. Will rent out shorter stays if available: 3 nights: 450/nt, 4 nights 425/nt, 5-6 nights 380/night, 7 nights 300/night. If last minute also open to best offer based on these rates
- Canoe, paddleboat available. There are 2 sets of indoor stairs, we've had many children stay but they are your responsibility! If anyone has mobility issues, recommend going out lower level of house to lake, it is less of an incline..but still a hill. We've taken our own parents down via car. There is a small dirt road that is the access for the 4-5 cottages on either side of us.
- Pet fee: $100/weekend, $150/wk. We do not allow pets on furniture and they should be on leash near road/lake so not to run into neighbors yard..but very pet friendly area. We expect you to clean up after your pet..dog..sorry no cats allowed due to allergies in our family.
- The lake is very peaceful. We expect no loud parties..amazing how the sound travels on the lake! And we once had the unfortunate experience of renters using our neighbor's hot tub. This is not allowed!
- There is a 9% VT room and board tax that will be an additional fee.
- There are 4 BR: 2 with king, 1-twin, 1 -full. There is a downstairs pullout sofabed..but springs have seen better days. There is an air matress to use instead.
Pete and I have been married 20 yrs this July 2016! We are from CT and MA originally and lived overseas in Taiwan when we first got married. When we returned we knew the New England area was where we wanted to settle, and decided on the beautiful green mountain state of Vermont to raise our family...now 3 teenagers! About 10 years ago we came across this property..a dream. A lakefront log cabin with 2 acres of land. We have created special memories with our families there and so have many of our renters. Pete and I are working professionals in the aerospace and health care industries. We have been scout leaders and love all the Boston Sports teams.