Our clean and cozy studio is centrally located on a quiet street in historical Kaimuki Town - it's far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, but close enough to some of the best bars, restaurants, and sites that O'ahu has to offer.
Want to be away from the tourist trap of Waikiki? Want to be close to some of O'ahu's best beaches, sites, restaurants, and bars? Do you want to have a unique Hawai'i experience minus the tacky Aloha shirts? If you answered "Yes!!!" to any of these questions, our place is the right fit for you.
My significant other, Annie, and I want to give you a different perspective from the stereotypical mainlanders view of Hawai'i. I was born and raised here, and I want to share my knowledge and love for the island with you - from a local's point-of-view. One of the reasons why we're sharing our space is simply because AirBnB seems like an excellent way to subsidize our travel adventures. Additionally, we want to meet new people from around the world that share the same passion for exploring. With that being said, our space may not be the honeymoon suite at the Four-Seasons, but it's a budget-friendly, cozy spot, that allows you to be a traveler and not a tourist.
Now for the nitty-gritty of the space...
The studio is at the second level of a duplex house. The house was built in 1949, and the newly renovated studio is approximately 270 sq ft. It has one free covered parking stall (a rarity especially with the many AirBnB listings of Waikiki). You have your own separate entrance, a private bathroom, kitchenette, and central air conditioning for those hot Hawaiian days.
Your studio is ideal for couples, solo travelers, and vacationers alike!
Your studio is equipped with the following:
-Queen size 12-inch memory foam mattress
-32" Samsung flat screen TV. The television includes an Amazon Firestick that lets you enjoy hundreds of movies and TV shows from Netflix, HBO Now, Amazon Prime, and WatchESPN.
-Microwave, toaster, and coffee maker
-Portable induction cooktop countertop burner
-Each nightstand has a lamp with 2 electrical outlets on the base mount
-Dining room table with 2 chairs
-Iron and ironing board
-Mitsubishi central air-conditioner unit
-Fresh towels and linens
The space is certainly not the biggest. If you're the type of person who loves to be pampered by luxurious hotel amenities, our place definitely isn't for you. We're more for the travelers who just need a quiet and comfortable place to rest after a day of exploring. Plus, who'd want to be inside all day in Hawaii anyway?
Zugang für Gäste
Although you have your own separate entrance, please keep in mind you'll be sharing the same staircase with Annie and me, as the entrance to our living quarters is located on the same level as your studio. Therefore, you may see/hear us walking passed the room, but we'll try to be as inconspicuous as possible.
THE LIVING SPACE
Equipped with 1 queen size 12-inch memory foam mattress, a Mitsubishi Central AC unit, ceiling fan, and 2 nightstands with accompanying lamps. There's also a dining room table to get some work done or enjoy a meal!
Also, provided for your entertainment, is a 32" Samsung flat screen TV. The television includes an Amazon Firestick that lets you enjoy hundreds of movies and TV shows from Netflix, HBO Now, Amazon Prime, and WatchESPN.
The bathroom is newly renovated and is the most luxurious part of the space (see photos). To make your luggage a little lighter, we provide you with bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths, as well as essential amenities such as a hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Please feel free to bring your bath products if you prefer, but like I said, it's not necessary.
In the kitchen, we provide you with a microwave, toaster, mini fridge, plates, bowls, coffee mugs, and silverware. We also provide you with a portable induction cooktop countertop burner to prepare your own meals. And lastly, your basic coffee machine with coffee grounds are included. The nearest coffee shop is Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in the Market City Shopping Center - less than 15 minutes if you walk.
**Note: We kindly ask you to please please, PLEASE clean up after yourself when you're finished. We don't want any ants or pesky cockroaches intruding on our space and your time here.
The yard is a work in progress. My father comes every other day to work on the improvements, but as you can see in the photos, it will indeed take time. You do have an excellent view of Diamond Head from out there, however, and it's a safe space to pull up a couple of beach chairs and have a cold beverage or two. Just don't expect to frolic in any lush green grass out there.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We interact with you as much or as little as you want. This is an entire space to yourself, which means we'll more than likely have minimal interaction with each other unless you have any questions or concerns with anything. Annie and I both have full-time jobs, so we're not around most of the time, but we'll try our best to be available whenever you need us.
Weitere wichtige Infos
For you business travelers, vacationers, and visitors, please not only review the full details of our place before booking, but also be prepared to answer the following
What is the intent of your stay?
What drew you to our space in particular?
The purpose of this is for us to get to know you a little better. Also, we don't accept any reservations if you're moving here to the islands. Sorry.
Here are some other things we'd like you to take note of before booking:
1) WE LIVE ON A HILL. This isn't an issue if you'll be renting a car. However, for those who will be walking and taking public transportation, there is an incline to get to our place. Please keep this in mind before booking.
2) WE HAVE OTHER AIRBNB LISTINGS IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. In addition to this space, we also have a two additional listings (one above and one below) on Airbnb. As I stated, there are hardwood floors throughout, and thus, the house is sensitive to loud stomping and high-volume conversation, so please keep this in mind before you book and if you plan on staying here. As we expect the upstairs and downstairs guests to be courteous to you, we also ask you to have the same level of respect for them in return. We appreciate your understanding regarding this matter.
4) THERE ARE STAIRS. As stated in the description of the "Space," we live on the bottom level of a duplex. This means some stairs lead to the space, so keep this in mind when packing your bags with bulky items.
5) THE ENTRANCE. Although you have your own separate entrance, please keep in mind you'll be sharing the same staircase with Annie and me, as the entrance to our living quarters is located on the same level as your studio. Therefore, you may see/hear us walking passed the room, but we'll try to be as inconspicuous as possible.
6) WE LIVE NEAR A UNIVERSITY. We're close to UH, and that means there are students in the area. None are fortunately right next door, but if you don't have the AC running, the windows are open, and it's a non-school night, you might hear some faint college rowdiness.
7) OUR NEIGHBOR HAS A DOG. The dog sometimes barks in the morning. It shouldn't be much of an issue, however, if you have the windows closed and the AC running.
8) THERE ARE CARS PARKED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STREET. On the street we live on, it is narrower than others, being that our property is located in a residential neighborhood and vehicles can park on both sides of the street. However, we've seen large vehicles (e.g., UPS delivery trucks, tow trucks, garbage trucks, U-Haul vans, etc.) navigate up and down our streets with no real problems, so it's certainly manageable. We want to make sure you know exactly what to expect when you drive to and from our property.
We want, to be honest with you. We consider all the aforementioned "flaws" as points of unique character. We do want you to know exactly what to expect when you stay in our home.
Please read the following FAQs!!!
Does your nightly rate vary?
Yes, it does. Our prices continuously vary based on the demand and time you choose to book.
Will I be able to reserve for more than 2 people?
No, 2 people is the maximum.
Can I make a reservation for my family member or friend?
No. If you aren't visiting our property, we don't accept any inquiries from separate 3rd parties. We want to be in contact with the person who will be staying with us.
What's the parking situation?
You have one FREE parking spot. It can fit normal-sized sedans, small/large SUVs, as well as Jeeps.
Are there laundry facilities on the premises?
NO! Since there are no laundry facilities on the premises, Kapahulu Xpress Laundromat is your best bet if you're looking to do laundry during your stay. They accept credit card and offer free Wi-Fi.
Can I bring a pet?
No! There are no exceptions to this rule.
What are your check-in and check-out times?
Please let us know, before your scheduled stay, your anticipated arrival time so we can make the proper arrangements with you, but the usual check-in time is at 4:00 PM. Our check-out time is 11:00 AM, however, if no other guests are planning to stay that same day, late check-out may be possible. Please inquire with us 2 or 3 days before departure to find out.
Do I need to bring towels, bedding, shampoo, etc.?
No - that will all be provided, as well as a hair dryer. However, feel free to bring your supplies if you have any particular cosmetic needs.
Are there restaurants and grocery stores nearby?
Yes, of course! Kaimuki and Kapahulu are home to the best restaurants on O'ahu. There is also a Foodland within 10 minutes walking distance.
How easy is it to get around?
It's very easy. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, and the access to public transportation is just down the road. We're centrally located to many of O'ahu's great sites.
Transient Accommodations Tax#: TA-113-924-6080-03
1) No smoking!!! We have a zero-tolerance policy for smokers. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who violates this policy. Essentially if you're a smoker, this isn't the place for you.
2) No illegal drugs or banned substances allowed. 'Nuff said.
3) No unauthorized guests. One night stands or new friends are strictly forbidden.
4) Pets are not allowed on the property.
5) Please remove shoes before entering the home. It's not only a local custom, but it's a courtesy to us and the other Airbnb guests who reside down below.
6) Please clean up after yourself. We're not a maid service. We're not your Mother. We’d appreciate it if you’d to treat the space like it was your own.
7) Please abide by the quiet hours. Quiet hours are between 10:00 PM - 7:30 AM. If you are chatting, watching movies, or having wine/cold brew between these hours, we ask you to keep the noise to a reasonable level.
8) Please, no stomping or slamming doors.
9) Please turn off all lights, electronics, AC units, etc. before leaving the home.
10) Please respect and have an open mind for us, the space, the environment, and for yourself. Mahalo Nui Loa!!!
Dieser Gastgeber hat 221 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
Aloha, were Shane and Annie. We consider ourselves very lucky to be able to call Hawaii our home. We're easy-going, love to travel, and like to enjoy a great brew or two from time to time. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Mahalo!!!