Welcome to our home in the middle of Soulard – St. Louis' oldest neighborhood. The space is within easy walking distance of many restaurants and bars and is a short drive or shuttle ride from the stadiums, entertainment venues and downtown. We are 3 blocks from the Soulard Farmer's market - the largest and oldest farmer's market West of the Mississippi and 1 ½ blocks from the Mardis Gras parade route. There are several churches and halls within walking distance perfect for wedding events.
The heart of the 3 bedroom 1 & ½ bath house enjoys a 20 foot vaulted living room adjoining an open plan dining/kitchen area which makes it a great space for entertaining and group events. A newly built deck overlooks the back yard and the lights of bars behind the house where sometimes you can hear live music. The space is freshly renovated and we are filling it with art focusing on local artists.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests will have access to the entire house, deck and yard with the exception of the basement.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I will be in contact with you by text and will communicate with you before and after your stay. We are proud of our city and eager to share insider tips and suggestions on where to go so please let us know what you are interested in.
Please let me know when you will be arriving and checking out. We both work full time during the week but will do our best to work with you. We do not live full time in the house but do use it ourselves on occasion.
- Please be respectful to next door neighbors and treat this space as your own.
- Please read our agreement below. By booking this unit you agree to the terms. This Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date written below by and between the undersigned person(s) or company (the “Guest”) and the undersigned owner, manager or agent (“Rental Agent”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
- OCCUPANCY: Guest agrees that no more than 8 persons shall be permitted to stay during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement.
- CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY: The Property is provided in “as is” condition. Rental Agent shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as wifi internet access with a TV interface access as applicable. Rental Agent shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
- DEFAULT: If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest’s property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
- ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLEASE: Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this Agreement.
- RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION: Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and Rental Agent shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever. Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rental Agent and their agents, owners, successors, employees and contractors from and against any costs, damages, liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorneys’ fees incurred by Guest, permitted guests, visitors or agents, representatives or successors of Guest due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest in or about the Property and Guest expressly agrees to save and hold Rental Agent harmless in all such cases.
- RELEASE: Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against Rental Agent, the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on or near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
- ENTRY AND INSPECTION Rental Agent reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Rental Agent has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Agent may enter the Property without advance notice. UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of Rental Agent shall immediately return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guest and Rental Agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: Remove all trash and debris from unit and place into the dumpster in the alley behind the home. Lock door at night and while not there. Put used towels and linens in laundry area. Place dirty dishes in the dishwasher at all times. Please be respectful while enjoying the unit and premises, and to the neighbors. Leave outdoor light on at all times.
- Thank You! Your Soulard Artists
My fiancé Lohr and I are locals connected to the art scene in St. Louis. We are full time professionals in the sciences and technology but have worked hard to renovate this space that we love. We are proud of our city and eager to share recommendations with you. Currently we are working on renovating another very large building that has an old bar in it. Our hobbies include making big art installations and fostering and running art events and festivals.