Hello, i'm a designer from Istanbul.
My apartment is in the Galata / Tunel / Pera area which is quite unique, old but lately has become one of the most desirable areas and it is located very close to famous Istiklal Street and Galata Tower (about 3 min walk). My flat is in one of these old buildings on the 2nd floor- built in the beginning of the 1900- special with its architecture and it's renovated. There is an elevator in the building. It has high ceilings 3.70m, wood floors, and old brick walls and ceiling, with the floor tiles also special in this area. There is 1 bedroom that may be seperated by the sliding windows and shades, kitchen, livingroom, bathroom and a working area- it is kind of an openspace. There are 3 big windows and the flat is bright, and you see part of the Golden Horn. You can also discover the old streets of the area where you can find lots of nice cafes, restaurants, design shops and boutiques.
- It has hot water 24 hours,
- Washing machine with dryer, and iron + table
- WiFi internet access
- Working area with printer/ scanner (you are responsible with the ink)
- kitchen with pots, dishes and glasses, well equipped
- microwave, oven, stove, big fridge, kettle, toaster
- TV, dvd player and some dvd’s, small speakers
- Air Conditioner which becomes very important in the summer in Istanbul! (there is also ceiling fan if you’re not so found of AC.)
- heating radiators
- Hair dryer, bathroom towels
- a double bed 190 x 140 cm (quite comfortable)
- the couch opens as a double bed, and there is an extra single folded bed, however the flat is for 2 people, but if requested short stay guests may stay upon agreement and payment.
-there is a table for 4, and also a high table with 4 bar stools.
Well you can see more in the photos.
You can either walk or use 'Sishane' metro towards the Taksim Square. Around the Istiklal street there are lots of shops, bars and cafes, it’s the most vivid area of the city. It's one of the most touristic streets, with a nostalgic tram passing in the middle. Salt Gallery, Arter Gallery, Borusan Art Gallery and Pera Museum are within a walk distance, plus Istanbul Modern Museum is also close by.
If you walk about 10 min towards Karakoy, you find the Galata Bridge, the trams which would take you to the historical peninsula where you would see Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Sultanahmet, The Grand Bazaar and also the ferries that go to the Asian side. There is 'sishane' metro station a minute away from the building, the funicular(tunel) and the nostalgic tram 3min walk away.
Nicht verfügbar: Rauchmelder
Nicht verfügbar: Kohlenmonoxid-Detektor