A dramatic and sunny two floor apartment located at the edge of downtown one block from the visitors center/bus station. It's close to the waterfront, cafes, public transport, nightlife, the baseball park, and has off street parking. You’ll love the ambiance, the light, and the colonial neighborhood. This is a big place, a 3rd fl walkup, it's good for several couples, families (with kids), and big groups. Setup with two queen beds and two king size beds, one of which can be split into two twins.
The ingenious architecture of the floor-through area over the living and dining area is the most impressive feature. It creates a dramatic yet easygoing ambience where people can congregate in numerous places and still feel a part of things. In short it has a fantastic setup for a group.
When I redid the kitchen I continued the open plan. The island puts the Jenn-Air grill-top range in the center of the kitchen with the island bar facing the chef. It's a very social kitchen.
Both bathrooms are brand new with floor to ceiling tile and quality, all-glass shower enclosures. The 3rd floor has a nice cylindrical enclosure with shelf bump-out to put a foot on. The 4th floor has an amazing shower door, a single pane of tempered glass which swings open. It's pretty grand. I was able to get this to work by making the actual bathroom door a pocket door which disappears into the wall.
89 Thames is a nice combination of airy and bright with warm and cozy. Very relaxing and very social.
Zugang für Gäste
Parking is along the building - diagonally up against the black brick wall
The front stairs are for guests. The back stairs are for the year-around tenants and only to be used as an emergency exit.
The door to the back stairs is also the door to the deck. The third floor deck is all yours!
Interaktion mit Gästen
I'm a self employed busy professional with occasional critical deadlines however my staff and I are at work everyday on the ground floor so we can certainly help you as much as we can.
Weitere wichtige Infos
The counseling center next door has a morning meeting and occasional an afternoon one too. Apparently they have no waiting room. You may see people lined up outside for 5 or 10 min waiting to get in. Occasionally they steal our parking spaces but are gone in a 1/2 hour.
No parties as in NO PARTIES,
No special events without our permission.
Quiet hours after 11PM
Check-in is after 4PM
1) Absolutely no smoking. Thank you.
2) We cannot have any pets in the house out of consideration for guests with pet allergies. Thank you.
3) We ask that guests abide by the rules and regulations of the city of Newport and refrain from any activity interfering with the quiet enjoyment of its residents and our downstairs tenants.
4) No parties or loud gatherings are to be held inside the house or anywhere on the property. If any noise complaint is made by neighbors, guests forfeit their deposit and are additionally responsible for any and all fines levied by the city for noise violations and costs incurred in respect to any such fines including all associated legal costs.
5) You are not permitted to have more guests in the house than the number in the reservation.
6) Guests agree not to use the premises for any unlawful purpose.
7) Guests will be entirely responsible for any fine, cost, or violation that is imposed due to guest negligence.
8) Absolutely no hazardous materials are permitted in or around the home at any time.
9) Candles may not be lit in the apartment. Only Birthday candles are permitted.
10) The fireplace in the master bed room is not a working fireplace and under no circumstances attempt to light anything in it. Absolutely no fires are permitted.
11) The gas grill may be used but must not be moved.
12) All windows and doors must remain closed during inclement weather.
13) No posters, streamers, or signs of any sort are to be attached to the house or displayed outside the house. Balloons are permitted.
14) If any of the above house rules are not followed, guests forfeit their deposit, and are additionally responsible for any associated costs including any and all associated legal costs.
15) If items are left behind you will be notified. If not claimed within two weeks of notification, items will be donated to a local charity.
16) Guests expressly agree as an absolute condition to staying in the building that they shall jointly and severally indemnify, defend, and hold harmless owners, residents, agents, and representatives of this building against any claim, demand, liability, damage, loss, injury, or cost whatsoever arising as a result of the guests' or of the guests' guests use of the premises and any property thereon, including, without limitation, any nuisance, waste, or harm, directly or indirectly caused by or to guests or guests of guests. Furthermore, guests are responsible for any and all legal fees resulting from the guests' or guests of guests use of the premises or negligence by guests or guests or guests.
17) By making a reservation guests agree to be bound by the terms set forth in these house rules.
Wenn du bis 7 Tage vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine Rückerstattung in Höhe von 50 %. Wenn du innerhalb von 7 Tagen vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die Buchung nicht erstattungsfähig.
I grew up in Newport about 1/4 mile from 89 Thames. Although I'm what they call a 'true Newporter' I like to leave and travel the world, that said I just love Newport and have always come back home. I'm a photographer and maker of things. The ground floor of the building is my studio/gallery and I've been working out of there as an artist, craftsman and freelance photographer since 2000.
Über die Unterkunft
Wenn du in einer Airbnb-Unterkunft übernachtest, dann wohnst du bei jemandem zuhause.