"Hidden gem." "Perfection personified." "Best experience ever."
Frequented by Orson Welles in the 70s, this ultra peaceful contemporary hideaway provides refuge from the city, yet is just minutes away from Ventura Boulevard’s shops & cafes. Or as one guest phrased it: "I saw the mountains and the cypress trees and I thought I was in Italy."
NOTE – There is a main house AND a guesthouse. Additional details below.
Relax and unwind with a glass of iced tea, wine or cold beer on the private deck, enjoying the view of the distant valley and city lights. You’ll hear birds but little else. With virtually no traffic noise, it’s hard to believe the house is so conveniently located to the 405 and 101 freeways. At sunset, enjoy a short walk on the wilderness trail just steps from the house. Or stroll through the serene neighborhood, filled with million dollar homes, creative landscaping and abundant flowers.
NOTE - There is the main house and a small but comfortable, detached guesthouse. The main house, outfitted with a full kitchen, has one bedroom and one bathroom. There is also a high-end queen sleeper sofa. Maximum occupancy in the main house is four guests. The guesthouse offers an additional queen bed, bathroom, fridge, microwave and small TV. The last four photos are of the guesthouse, starting with the one of the green door. Having both buildings is ideal for groups of four, five or six who would enjoy a little extra privacy. The price on this listing reflects the main house only. The guesthouse is an additional $38 per night (plus $15 for each guest after 2). The cleaning fee and damage deposit are unaffected. We do not rent the guesthouse alone. If you're a party of four and debating whether or not to rent the guesthouse in addition to the main house, my advice to you is this: Go for it. You'll be happy you did.
Your peaceful escape to Los Angeles will include:
- Full kitchen with gas stove, full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, Keurig, toaster, blender, juicer and several stove-top espresso makers. In the cabinets you’ll find spices and staples such as flour, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Huge, lit deck with barbecue and patio furniture.
- Pea gravel patio with lounge chairs and gas fire pit.
- Queen bed with high-end mattress.
- La Z Boy queen sleeper sofa with top-of-the-line, memory foam mattress.
- Monogrammed robes for your use.
- 43” television with dozens of DVDs, network channels, Netflix, YouTube and Pandora. There is also a small, wall-mounted TV in the bedroom wired to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- Stereo system with Bluetooth.
- High-speed wireless internet.
- Karaoke machine.
- Board games and small library.
- Laundry - for guests staying six or more nights, we offer a professional (and complimentary) laundry service. Up to ten pounds of laundry. It will be returned to you laundered, folded and neatly packed. I mean, who really wants to do laundry while on vacation?
Zugang für Gäste
This is a private, gated home. Prior to arrival, you will be provided with a unique access code to unlock the gate and front door. You will have 24-hour access.
There is plenty of street parking. The house is located on a street that ends in a cul-de-sac. Unlike 99% of Los Angeles, street traffic is nearly non-existent.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Think of me as your concierge. I've lived in Los Angeles for over ten years. I can recommend the best white tablecloth restaurants or late night burger joints. I can offer driving directions to best avoid Los Angeles's notorious traffic. I'm easy going, friendly and accessible. I can be reached via phone, email or text at almost all hours. I also live in the lower unit, so feel free to knock on the blue door should you need anything at all. My job is to make your stay in Los Angeles as smooth and enjoyable as possible. I have no doubt that you will absolutely love it here. It's a magical place.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Please respect the peace and quiet you will find here. We do not allow parties or events.
Smoking, candles and incense are not allowed. The fireplace is also not to be used.