Gorgeous 1-bedroom flat with outside terrace on Ship Street, right in the heart of The Lanes. Ideal for both holiday and corporate lets, this spacious pad sleeps up to 4 people and oozes colour & style throughout its 45 square meters with large open plan living space, designer bathroom, snazzy bedroom with king size bed and private outside terrace.
This spacious ground floor apartment on Ship Street occupies the whole ground floor of Gordon House - a beautiful Grade 2 listed building which we bought and restored back in 2011.
Ship Street Gardens, a beautiful & ancient twitten, runs along its north side (twitten is an old Sussex word meaning ‘lane'). There are 4 other apartments in the building which we also available here on Airbnb. Just search for Brighton Lanes Studio 1, Brighton Lanes Studio 2 or Brighton Lanes Studio 3.
The entrance door to this flat is off a communal entrance hall with entry phone system. A bright corridor with shuttered widows connects the living space at the front with the bathroom, bedroom and terrace at the rear.
The large open plan living space has a double aspect and offers ample space for cooking, eating, working and relaxing. The white gloss kitchen comes fully loaded with halogen hob, fan oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, toaster, kettle, Tassimo coffee machine and dishwasher. There are enough plates, glasses and crockery for 6 people with enough saucepans and cooking utensils to host an episode of 'Come Dine With Me’. The feature kitchen island comes with two bar stools, power points for laptops and cool pendant lights above. Next is the dining table with 4 chairs (+ 2 extra fold aways).
The rest of the space is home to a leather corner sofa (which pulls out to make a comfy double bed), an armchair and a side board with a massive 42” TV on top. There’s also a DVD player and a selection of classic movies underneath.
There’s a utility cupboard off the entrance hall with washer/dryer, iron & ironing board, vacuum cleaner and drying rack. Next door is the cool designer bathroom with P-shaped shower bath with power shower above and a separate hand shower if using the bath. There’s also a basin on a vanity unit and a WC. Complimentary 'Duck Island' shampoo, shower gel and hand soap are also provided in pump dispensers along with one bath towel per guest.
The bedroom at the rear of the flat has double glazed windows and is dominated by a king size bed with a huge bespoke leather headboard. A large wardrobe area is behind sliding mirror doors with a small chest of drawers inside. There’s also a dressing table and even a wall mounted TV (with DVD player). A double glazed door leads out on to the private terrace with table and 4 chairs.
One small dog welcome with prior notice.
We have just moved bookings for this self-catering holiday apartment to Airbnb but we have been running it for the past 5 years with another online agent.
Zugang für Gäste
You get use of the whole flat and the outside terrace. There is also a shared, secure outside bike rack at the side of the building (behind a 6 foot wall & just inside an equally tall iron gate). There's enough space to park at least 4 bikes (using your own locks!).
Interaktion mit Gästen
I tend to just deal with bookings as I run a wider property business on a day-to-day basis - so my husband Graeme is your main man once you get here. He is the property manager for all 4 apartments in the building so he's generally there every day busy doing something. We live a couple of miles away in Hove so if you need to contact us out of working hours (ie. after 6pm or at weekends) then just email or text us and we will get back to you ASAP (normally right away but sometimes it will be the next morning). Each apartment has its own key safe in the building's communal entrance hall which is accessible 24/7 using a digital entry system. You will be given two sets of keys and we ask that one set is put back in the key safe whenever you go out.
Weitere wichtige Infos
(1) STREET NOISE AT WEEKENDS: If you’re looking for total peace and quiet, please be aware that we are right in the centre of Brighton’s Old Town and it can get quiet noisy out on the streets around our building throughout Friday and Saturday nights. All of this is beyond our control - however, our prices do reflect this fact as similar apartments in Brighton rent for over £120/night. That said, the bedroom has double glazing and we even provide ear plugs for the really light sleepers. We also employ a local security firm who provide all residents and guests in our building with a 24/7 Mobile Response Unit who can attend to any security concerns or issues. In reality, you are far more likely to be disturbed by Brighton’s seagull population who never seem to sleep!
(2) HOME SAFETY: We are professional landlords and as such you can be assured that the gas boiler in your apartment is certified as safe by a qualified gas engineer every year and a copy of this certificate is in the Info File inside the apartment. We also supply and maintain a C02 detector inside the apartment. The building is also protected by a modern, fully maintained fire detection system with smoke and heat detectors in each apartment connected to a control panel in the communal hallway. The system is tested every Thursday morning by our contractors at Brighton Fire Alarms.
(1) Lead guest must be over 18
(2) Please email us the full names of all guests staying in the apartment before you check in. No unregistered guests are permitted to stay over without our prior agreement (this is mainly in case of fire).
(3) Guests are asked to dispose of all their rubbish and recycling at the communal bins nearby on Middle Street.
(4) One small dog is welcome.
Graeme and I run Brighton Lanes Apartments on Ship Street in the heart of Brighton’s lanes. We have four self catering apartments in total and have being doing this since 2011 but only joined Airbnb in 2016 and haven’t looked back since. All our Airbnb guests so far have been lovely, respectful people. Keep on coming guys!