My fully-furnished flat is retro-trendy, peaceful and comfortable. It is ideally located in Sea Point along the Atlantic Seaboard and within minutes of the city centre and transport links, enabling easy access to Cape Town's beautiful attractions, restaurants and nightlife. It is where the mountain meets the sea. Being close to the beach is enriching for the soul, and will elevate your relaxed, holiday mood. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travellers.
(Oct 2016) Please note that I am busy redecorating and that the furniture currently shown in the photos will change... but it will still be lovely vintage-retro-trendy as that is my style! This is an old apartment and many of the fixtures and fittings are from way back. The bedrooms and lounge/dining area have been fully renovated but the kitchen and bathroom have not, and I have reflected this inelegance in the price.
(Update Jan 2017) I have added new pictures that show the furniture present in the apartment.
The apartment is 76sqm and is located in a secure and quiet 1940s apartment block consisting of only 24 residential units. The block is situated on the steep, upper slopes of Signal Hill. It is a ground floor apartment, however, it is elevated on the slope and a slight sea view can be seen from the balcony. You will need to be able to walk up slopes and steps to access the apartment. It is a short, direct walk down to Sea Point Promenade and Beach (the two block walk takes about 8 minutes).
There is one allocated parking bay inside the complex that may be used for your hire car. Please note that this bay is positioned at an angle on a slope so care should be taken whilst parking, reversing and entering or exiting the car. Unfortunately there are no visitor bays in the complex due to space restrictions. There is, however, plenty of on-street parking available for visitors (Lilson Road, High Level Road and beyond).
The accommodation is self-catering with a fully-equipped kitchen. Tea and coffee is provided. Unfortunately there is no dishwasher or washing machine.
The lounge and dining room is open plan and leads out onto the balcony. The balcony is NE facing and catches the morning sun as it rises over Signal Hill. Being on the west coast means the area gets to bask in the setting sun. It can’t all be seen from the balcony but one can marvel over the beautiful orange hues in the sky. A short walk to Sea Point Promenade will yield panoramic views of the receding sun.
Free uncapped Wi-Fi and a radio/CD player is provided. There is a Smart TV but unfortunately this is not yet connected to Dstv (satellite TV). Netflix and Showmax are available. Please note that while internet is provided, there may be intermittent issues with the ADSL line or internet service provider. Fibre connectivity is not yet available at the complex.
There are two bedrooms with double beds and plenty of cupboard space. The main bedroom opens out onto the balcony via a sliding door.
The bathroom has a toilet, basin, bath and shower-in-bath.
Bedding and bath towels are provided.
The closest grocery stores are at St John’s Plaza (walking distance), The Point Mall, Piazza Da Luz Mall and the Adelphi Centre. There are plenty of laundromats and petrol stations along Main Road and Regent Road in Sea Point. Virgin Active The Point gym is a short drive away in Greenpoint.
- The Western Cape of South Africa is currently experiencing a drought. Please conserve water!
- Please give me at least 24 hours notice of check-in and check-out times
- Not more than four people allowed to stay
- Please no sleeping on the couch
- Please do not hang anything over the balcony - you will be asked to remove it
- Braais/barbecues not permitted
- Please ensure all doors and gates of the apartment, and leading up to the apartment, are closed for your and the neighbours’ security. When you go out, please ensure the lounge sliding windows and bedroom sliding door are closed and locked.
- Please be considerate to the neighbours. Close all doors and gates quietly. Keep noise to a reasonable level. Even though this is your holiday, they still have work commitments and need to rest.
- It is imperative that you park in the exact allocated parking bay
- Visitors may not park in the complex (on-street parking only)
- I would appreciate it if you could report any damages or breakages to me, and also any maintenance that needs to be done (eg. blown lightbulb or spent batteries). This will assist me to ensure your stay is comfortable and that all repairs are done before the next set of guests arrive.
- Please recycle in the bins provided! Please rinse out containers before placing them in the bins. Thank you!