Welcome to Hunterston Cottage
-- A Historical Home located in Lawton, OK!
The Purple Room has a queen size bed to accommodate 2 guests - PLUS use of the kitchen, dining room, coffee nook, and living room also. The bathroom includes a large shower with a bench seat!
The LOCATION is PERFECT! Less than 3 minutes onto Ft. Sill, quick access to Cache Rd., Sheridan Rd., Rogers Lane, Downtown Lawton...Cameron University, the Hospital, etc.
YOU CAN WALK to CVS or a variety of restaurants!
Welcome to Hunterston Cottage
-- A Historic Home located in Lawton, OK!
The Green Room has a queen size bed to accommodate 2 guests - PLUS use of the kitchen, dining room and living room also. The bathroom includes a large shower with a bench seat!
Breakfast foods provided ( cereals, bread for toast, jam, fresh fruits, non-dairy milk/coffee creamer, water, coffee, hot tea, condiments)
The LOCATION is PERFECT! Less than 3 minutes onto Ft. Sill, quick access to Cache Rd., Sheridan Rd., Rogers Lane, Downtown Lawton...Cameron University, the Hospital, etc. YOU CAN WALK to CVS or a variety of restaurants!
Hunterston Cottage is less than 1 mile from Ft. Sill Army Base and close to the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. Private house with large fenced yard, off-road parking, and very secure in a quiet neighborhood.
Hunterston Cottage is well-maintained and charming....filled with original art, antique furniture, and other antiques. Hunterston Cottage is home of the largest "Weeping Gold China" collection in the world! If you enjoy art, antiques, architecture, and history, then you will LOVE staying at Hunterston Cottage.
If you are coming to Ft. Sill to see someone graduate from Basic Training at Ft. Sill --- I highly recommend the following:
--Book Wednesday through Saturday night
--Thursday is "Family Day" with the trainee
--Friday is Graduation and you can prepare your trainee a "home-cooked meal at the cottage and have a celebration party!
--Saturday -- take a day to visit the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge -- drive to the top of Mt. Scott -- visit historical Medicine Park -- visit "The Holy City of the Wichitas" -- and visit the local Museum of the Great Plains, the Comanche Cultural Center, and the Mattie Beal House.
--With advance notice -- you can make arrangements with your hostess to guide you on a hike in the Wichita Wildlife Refuge! There are easy hikes but also longer ones that are spectacular! So bring your hiking boots!
--Sunday -- have breakfast and then checkout -- taking home great memories and experiences! :-)
IF YOUR ARMY BCT GRADUATE CAN SPEND THE NIGHT, THEIR BOOKING IS FREE! JUST CONTACT ME FOR EXTRA TOWELS! (((This is for significant others who are the only person in the purple room)))
Zugang für Gäste
Guests will have access to their room, the bathroom, the kitchen, the dining room, living room, and front porch/coffee nook. Feel free to sit out in the yard and watch the birds and squirrels. There is also city park next door. THERE IS a printer for guests to print out boarding passes or other urgent matters.
There is high speed WIFI. PARKING is OFF STREET in fenced, secure yard.
I generally cook lunch in the house and may also pop in for breakfast or to make a smoothie. I will not disturb you after 8 pm or before 7 am except in case of emergency. My main business office is across the street and I sleep there when guests are in the house.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Hostess available to answer all questions and help as needed via text/messaging 24 hours a day.
Limited on site hours to check in/out, answer questions, breakfast/lunch, check for laundry, do dishes, etc.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Hunterston Cottage is a treasure trove of antiques and original art. Please enjoy looking...but do not touch or handle!!! :-)
Relax, talk, unplug from the world!
It's an old home...the hardwood floors creak when someone walks across them. Nothing we can do about that!
Free WIFI but please no "streaming" or huge downloads.
((Games available -- Board games and card games))
If you have a question about anything, PLEASE ASK!!! We want you to enjoy your stay!
1. Please no smoking anywhere on the property. No alcohol on the property w/o host/hostess consent --not a problem if no one underage is present!
2. You may use any kitchen dishes/utensils. Please place used but rinsed dishes in the sink. Host/hostess will load/unload dishwasher unless agreed otherwise. Please ask...especially if you are going to be creating full meals for your party in which case help with dishes will be expected! :-)
3. Only one load of laundry per day please! Leave laundry at top of Basement stairs in clothes basket (provided) by 8 am and laundry will be cleaned, dried, folded and returned by 6 pm.
4. Towels and bed linens provided... If you need additional towels or linens, please ask. Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower and hand soaps provided. Blow dryer in bathroom and one in each bedroom.
5. Breakfast foods provided ( cereals, bread for toast, jam, fresh fruits, non-dairy milk/coffee creamer, water, coffee, hot tea, condiments).
6. No unregistered guests anywhere on the property without prior approval of host/hostess - visitors Welcome! We just need to know! :-)
7. Please no moving any furniture, antiques, or personal items/decorations in the home. Do not touch or handle the artwork or china. This is first and foremost, a family home.
8. We reserve the right to ask you to leave at anytime we feel that your behavior and/or actions so warrants.
9. Check out is by 11 am if not staying another night.
10. Home is "shoe-free". Shoes will be left in the foyer so please bring socks, slippers, house shoes, or get a pedicure and go barefoot!
Dieser Gastgeber hat 40 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen