The Loft is situated on 70 acres in a breathtaking valley of the Shawnee National Forest on an operating organic farm. The home is immaculately clean, full of character and has everything you need! What makes this property truly unique is its location - though in a national forest you will be just 15 minutes down a main highway from award-winning restaurants, shopping and fun of all sorts!
Located on 70 acres in the Shawnee National Forest and just 15 minutes away from shopping and award winning restaurants in the town of Murphysboro, you'll love the privacy and the great location. Read on to learn why you will loving staying at The Loft!
QUICK LIST OF AMENITIES
- Safe, rural location
- 24-hour check-in
- Master Suite: queen size bed, seating area with desk, and en suite bath w/ jetted garden tub
- Guest Room #1: king size bed & TV with cable
- Guest Room #2: full-size bed & desk area
- BONUS SPACE - The loft is a space located above the kitchen and living room - it has a low ceiling, so it is great for younger visitors. With a play space and a pallet made of two full-size mattress and lots of pillows, it can be a great sleeping space, too!
- Bedrooms include linens, blankets, and cozy duvets.
- Bathrooms include bath towels (1 per registered guest), washcloths and hand towels.
- Washer and Dryer
- Well appointed galley-style kitchen with full-size appliances
- Electric range with built-in downdraft exhaust
- Bistro table, seats 2
- Bar, seats 3
- Dining table, seats 6
- Coffee maker with filters & French press
- Cookware, tableware, and all the basics
- Olive oil, herbs and spices stocked for guests
- Large 4K HDTV with satellite, Blu-Ray player and library of movies
- Wrap around deck with outdoor seating
- Grill- propane included
- Fire Pit
- Central heat and air
- Eclectic custom artwork and sculptures
- Acreage to explore
- Small creek runs along the side of the property near the house
- Closest cabin to Cedar Lake
- Optional second cabin nearby (The Barn) for added capacity - each cabin is secluded and has plenty of greenery and room around them for privacy
- Landline telephone for local calls
Please reserve your dates today before someone snatches them up! We’d love to leave the light on for you.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have full access to the house and grounds around the home. (The farm sheds and areas marked for employee use are not available to guests. Thank you.)
Interaktion mit Gästen
The owners and manager live nearby and are very responsive to texts, emails and phone calls. If calling after 9pm or before 7am, please call twice in a row to bypass the Do Not Disturb.
Weitere wichtige Infos
CELL PHONES: Cell phone service is spotty out in the country. A landline house phone is available for guests to use. Cells phones may be enabled for Internet calling to assist with receiving calls in and near the home.
INTERNET: For a rural location, ours is one of the best around. However, our internet package is limited and not to be used for streaming or gaming. Please note, overage charges may apply with heavy usage.
PETS: Non-Shedding dogs are accepted by approval only - EVEN IF YOU INSTANT BOOK. Dogs are approved at the discretion of the owners or their agent. There is a $75 pet fee per stay for approved pets.
For consideration pets must be: non-shedding fully housebroken, a minimum of 2 years or older, treated with flea and tick medication regardless of time of year and within manufacturer specifications (Frontline and Frontline Plus are not approved medications, as they do not kill all fleas in Southern Illinois. Acceptable medications include Bravecto, Trifexis, or similar medication that does not contain Fipronil as the active ingredient.) The breed, their size and their training are also taken into consideration. Please email us with information about your pet. Please note that, according to Airbnb policy regarding House Rules, bringing any unapproved pet to the property will result in immediate eviction and will forfeit the security deposit.
REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT: An additional refundable deposit may be required for large groups, those with approved pets, and/or groups with a disproportionate number of children to adults.
- The house offers WIFI. For s rural location, our internet is one of the best available. However, our package is limited and not to be used for streaming or gaming. Overage charges may apply ($10/gig) if excessive.
- Pets are by approval only - EVEN IF YOU INSTANT BOOKED. There is a $75 pet fee that is required once the pet is approved. (Dogs only and they must be non-shedding, in addition to other requirements - see full pet policy.)
- According to Airbnb policy regarding House Rules, bringing any unapproved pets (dogs or any other animals) will result in immediate cancellation of the reservation with NO REFUND. It will also forfeit the security deposit. Sorry.
- Please clean-up after your pre-approved pet both in the house and in the yard, bagging and properly disposing of it outside the home.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture - this includes couches and beds, please.
- Dogs must be crated when the owner is not in the home.
- For their safety, pets must be on leash when outside.
- Owners are asked to bring a crate, pet bed, food bowl, and water bowl.
- A $50 service charge will apply to the deposit if the satellite cable hook up is disconnected or has to be re-wired.
- A $50 service charge will apply to the deposit if a fire is built in anything other than the fire pit.
- Events and parties are allowed with prior approval only.
- Check-in is 4 PM and Check-out is 11 AM unless other arrangements are made.
- The area surrounding the service shed and the greenhouse across the creek from the cabins is for employees only. Please do not cross the steel bridges leading to service area.
- The creek crossing the road at the entrance to CornerStone Cabins may rise during heavy rainfall. Please use caution when crossing the creek.
- Please use caution when using the grill or fire pit. You are responsible for cleaning the grill after use.
Wenn du bis 7 Tage vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine Rückerstattung in Höhe von 50 %. Wenn du innerhalb von 7 Tagen vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die Buchung nicht erstattungsfähig.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 11 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
Owners: Rick and Lisa Smith
Owner Rick Smith is an artist/blacksmith and professor of metals and blacksmithing. He operates an independent studio making work for galleries and by commission, while also heading the metals program at SIUC in Carbondale, IL. Rick was a resident artist at Penland School of Crafts and has taught workshops there many times over the years. His work is in the permanent collections of the Mint Museum, Decorative Arts Museum, Metal Museum, and the John and Robyn Horn Collection, among others. Rick likes nothing better than to spend the day on water, sailing or fishing, and really loves to travel.
Lisa Smith is a branding professional with a background in graphic design. A homebody, her favorite way to spend the day is cooking and baking. Lisa wrote a food column for seven years and her passion for the culinary arts is evident at Conley House.
Lisa manages the property and oversees the day to day functioning of the vacation rental with the help of a cleaning service.
Über die Unterkunft
Wenn du in einer Airbnb-Unterkunft übernachtest, dann wohnst du bei jemandem zuhause.