Our rustic home is an artistically-appointed barn in a private, quiet woodland setting. It has an open floor plan upstairs and down; an odorless, waterless composting toilet; separate shower room; patio with fire-pit and wood-fired soak tub. Upstairs sleeps family of 4 or CLOSE friends with queen bed, and two twins (one behind a curtain, the other in an alcove). 5 minutes from downtown LP, 20 from Whiteface Ski center. High ceilings. Well-equipped kitchen. Private trail and lean-to in the woods.
Indoors and out, Ryder Hollow is all about melding your experience with nature. In the great room, the north picture window encompasses the majority of a 12' x 27' wall with a sweeping view to a meadow in the northern boreal forest. Wood-burning stove and in-floor heat for cold evenings.
Zugang für Gäste
A 20-minute private unmarked trail loops around property. We hike/snowshoe/x-country ski on the trails, map provided. 5 minutes down the trail is a lean-to, with chiminea oven, ideal for picnics or forest monasticism. Trail continues across creek onto state land. 1-hour climb/snowshoe from the barn reaches glorious views on top of Little Seymour Mountain with its three lookouts.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Email or cell phones are the best way to reach us.
Weitere wichtige Infos
The driveway dips down into Ryder Hollow from the top of the drive which is on a hidden curve. When leaving, take time to carefully consult the convex mirror across the street on the telephone pole. There is no dishwasher and there are breakable things that we ask renters to be careful with. Children under five or rowdy kids need supervision. It's important to resist crawling out on top of the pantry which is accessible from the stair.
- Safety first: When pulling out of driveway, must consult convex mirror on telephone pole opposite head of drive. If you see anything moving, don't go until coast is clear.
- Safety first, no children unattended in soak tub. No crawling out on top of pantry.
- Proper supervision for all fire building indoors and out.
- Wood is for use in the wood-burning stove, wood-fired hot tub, and fire pit.
- Smoking outdoors only.
- Proper introduction to and use of composting toilets, our sustainable alternative to a septic system.
- In winter, all-wheel drive or snow tires recommended for driveway.
- Event/Party planning can be arranged with advance notice and extra fees.
- A second rental onsite, our woodland cabin, is screened from view. Respect for each other's privacy and our retreat-like setting is mandatory.
- We will be on the property from time to time to maintain the grounds and answer questions, if not staying in one of the buildings.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 84 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen