Beech How Cottage sits in a prime location above the shores of Lake Windermere, from most rooms stunning views of the lake can be enjoyed. The gardens give way to your own private lake frontage. The cottage is an ideal base from which to enjoy the delights of Windermere and surrounding area on foot or for those who simply want to relax by the lake.
Located 2 miles from Bowness, you are ideally located to enjoy the wide range of shops, restaurants and beautiful scenery that the Lake District has to offer. Lake Windermere Cruises depart from Bowness Bay and hire boats are readily available. Ambleside, Coniston and Grasmere are all located within driving distance which will open up further opportunities to admire the scenery and enjoy many of the walks and cycle routes available.
Zugang für Gäste
The centrally heated accommodation comprises:
Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. Dining room with views to the Lake. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC. First floor: Lounge with Freeview TV, DVD player and sofa bed. Double bedroom. Twin bedroom. All with lake views. Bathroom with hand basin and WC. All, oil, electric, bed linen and towels included. Wifi, cot and highchair available. Private driveway with parking for 3 cars. Terrace overlooking the lake to front of property and woodland to the side(carpeted with bluebells in season) with a pathway leading down to the lake shore.
Weitere wichtige Infos
4 dogs are welcome at this cottage at a cost of £25 per dog per week. A cot can be hired at a cost of £12 and a highchair at a cost of £6 per week. Please note these must be booked and paid for in advance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. Payment in full is due at the time of making your booking and must be paid under the terms as laid out by Airbnb. Please note your holiday is not confirmed until you have received written confirmation from us and we reserve the right to refuse any booking before we have issued the written holiday confirmation form. Your booking is made as a consumer and you accept that we cannot be liable for any business losses you may incur. You must be over 18 years of age at the time of making your booking. As soon as you receive the written confirmation form, you must check it carefully. Any errors must be reported to us immediately.
2. HOLIDAY COST. The prices quoted are in £ sterling and for the number of days stated. Prices are subject to change at any time. The prices quoted are in £ sterling for 7 nights accommodation (some are per night, see individual property details) from the changeover day as stated against the individual property. Included in the price is gas, electric, fuel (unless otherwise stated against the individual property details) and bed linen. Prices are subject to change at any time, once your holiday has been confirmed we will not change your holiday cost.
3. OUR PROPERTIES. Our properties are inspected by Visit Britain or by ourselves, properties still awaiting their official grading have been graded by us with the grade we believe will be awarded by Visit Britain and could change on inspection. These are shown as LCH *.
4. ALTERATIONS TO THE BROCHURE. The company endeavours to ensure the information contained on the website provided by owners is correct. However the information may have changed by the time you book so you must ensure you check all details of your chosen property including prices when you book. The owners and company always try to maintain the very best facilities and services to our holidaymakers and changes may have occurred since brochure production. The company cannot accept any responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about any property, its facilities and or services except in the case of negligence by the company.
5. SHORT BREAKS. Some of our properties accept short breaks all year round, those that do not can be arranged out of season and at short notice during the high season.
6. OCCUPANCY. Your property group must not exceed the maximum number of people the property will sleep as detailed in the description , this includes children, unless under 1 years old, in which case they will be classed as an infant and provided the property accepts infants as an additional person to its occupancy can exceed the maximum number by 1 infant only. If it does the owner/caretaker can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of monies or compensation. Where the property has the facility to sleep extra ie 4/6 a charge of £25 per person per week/part week will be charged for the extra people. Bed linen is NOT supplied for sofa/extra beds.
7. EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN. All of our properties are checked prior to your arrival to ensure everything is in working order, however just like at home, equipment can break down at any time. Please report any break downs immediately to our office or the cottage owner. We will endeavour to fix the problem as soon as we are aware however out of hours, weekends and bank holidays it may not be possible to get a qualified engineer to the problem until the next working day. We will not be able to offer compensation unless you have been without the facility for more than 24 hours or if it is deemed to be a user fault.
8. WI-FI. Many of our cottages now offer Wi-Fi, some may make a small charge and the majority offer this as a complimentary service to enhance your holiday. Unfortunately we are unable to offer compensation for lack of Wi-Fi service if this is complimentary and unavailable for reasons outside of our control during your stay. If we are aware of an ongoing issue with Wi-Fi we will endeavour to inform you prior to your stay but we will not be able to offer alternative accommodation due to the loss of this service unless the owner has cancelled their contract with the supplier.
9. INSPECTIONS/EMERGENCY REPAIRS. We may require access to the property during your stay to carry out inspections/emergency repairs etc. In all cases we will endeavour to inform you prior to your arrival.
10. DOGS. It is at the owners discretion if dogs are accepted at their property, this does not mean gardens are fenced etc, it simply means pets are welcome at that property, you must check the individual brochure description to ensure the property meets your requirements. Dogs should never be left alone in the property or given access to the bedrooms and there must be no evidence your dog has been at the property when you depart. There is a charge of £20 per dog per week/part week. Full terms and Conditions for Pets are available on request.
11. TRAVEL COTS. Most of our properties have a travel cot available to hire, please check the individual property description. A charge of £10 per week/part week is made for the hire of a cot. Please note unless otherwise stated the cots provided are travel cots and there is only 1 cot available per property. We do NOT provide linen for the cots.
12. TOWELS. Some of our properties provide towels (the majority of our cottages DO NOT provide towels), please check the individual brochure description.
13. SMOKING. All of our properties are non smoking properties. Guests are welcome to smoke outside unless the owner has a strict no smoking policy including the grounds, this will be detailed in the property welcome information if this is the case.
14. GARDEN. Provided there is a place for guests to sit outside our bullet point will state garden yes, this could be a balcony, yard, seat outside the property or similar, it does not necessarily mean there is a garden, please see individual property descriptions for full details.
15. LIMITED MOBILITY PROPERTIES. Some of our properties have been selected as suitable for those who have limited mobility, this is due to them either all being ground floor accommodation or having a ground floor bedroom and bathroom. These do not mean they are fully equipped for disabled use and it is up to the hirer to decide if the property is suitable for their needs from the brochure description.
16. KEY COLLECTION. Your property is available from 3.00pm or 4.00pm (please check your confirmation) on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure, unless otherwise stated on your holiday confirmation. Keys can be collected prior to the stated time however your property will not be guaranteed to be ready prior to this. In some instances we may be able to bring forward the entry time or extend the departure time, however we do require advance notice and we will only be able to confirm we are able to change the times 2 days before holiday commencement. Keys must be returned to the collection point prior to midday on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed.
17. PROPERTY KEYS. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your keys once you have collected these. There will be a charge of £120 including VAT to enable us to replace the locks and additional keys needed if keys are lost. An additional call out fee may be applied if keys are lost out of normal office hours.
18. EXCESSIVE USE CHARGES. Most of our properties offer complimentary gas, electric, Wi-Fi etc, we reserve the right to charge for any excessive use of these facilities during your stay and in which case an invoice will be sent to you on receipt of an invoice being supplied to us by the relevant supplier of the service, in some cases this could take up to 3 months after your departure date.
19. CARE OF COTTAGES. Our cottages are lovingly cared for and we ask that you treat the cottage with respect and leave it clean and tidy. Please report any damage/breakage’s to the cottage owner or the local office on or before departure in order for us to fix/replace these prior to the next guests coming in. Damage/breakage’s caused through neglect may be charged for, in this case we will contact you within 72 hours of departure. Some properties have a breakage deposit payable, this is to be paid with the holiday balance and will be returned within 7 days of your departure subject to no damages.
20. COMPLAINTS. You must report immediately to the owner or local office, whereupon, if possible, the matter will be resolved straight away. If the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you must refer any problem to our Head Office in Carlisle. Reporting complaints after your holiday is too late for us to rectify and properly investigate.
21. ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATION. In the unlikely event that we are unable to arrange the holiday accommodation requested, we will endeavour to offer alternative accommodation of a similar type as that originally requested. If the alternative accommodation is not acceptable to the holidaymaker, Cottage we will refund in full all monies paid.
22. CANCELLATION. Cancellation of your holiday will only be accepted if given in writing by the lead name on your holiday confirmation. If you cancel your holiday prior to 60 days before commencement half the holiday cost will be refunded, within 60 days, cancellation costs are 100% of the holiday cost. We recommend you take out a suitable insurance to cover your holiday. Please note: cancellation charges will be from the date we receive your written notice, we suggest you follow up your letter with a telephone call to our office to prevent additional charges being incurred.
23. UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. Compensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we or the owners cannot foresee with all due care, eg riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
24. UTILITY SERVICES. Compensation cannot be paid for any loss of power, water, Wi-Fi etc for services provided by a third party ie, if there is a power cut or a fault with their equipment. We will endeavour to inform holidaymakers of any scheduled work we have been made aware of prior to guests arrival but in some cases we are not advised prior to the event and therefore unable to advise accordingly.
25. PROPERTY AVAILABILITY. Our owners renew their contracts annually in October and any bookings made prior to this for the forthcoming year can not be guaranteed if the owner should cancel their contract with us. However if we feel this is a possibility we will endeavour to inform you prior to booking. Any bookings made which we can not honour for this reason will be offered alternative accommodation or a full refund of all monies paid.
26. TERMINATION. We reserve the right to forthwith terminate any letting in the event that the hirer or any of the hirer’s party cause any deliberate or negligent damage to the property being let, behaves in such a way to cause or constitute a nuisance to adjoining properties or have more people staying in the property than listed on the booking form. In such cases the hirer shall remain liable for the cost of any damage or outstanding rental and shall not be entitled to a refund.