OUTSIDE THE CITY CENTER: Live like a local in this newly renovated apartment outside the city center, in the green and quiet neighborhood of Le Cure. The property is only a 20 min bus ride from the center, and has all the amenities: wifi, huge TV, dishwasher, washing machine, south-facing balcony and more. No cleaning fees!
PLEASE NOTE: A couple of my guests have brought to my attention that despite the quiet neighborhood the busy road close by can be disturbing at night. It seems to be an issue only during summer months when the windows are kept open, as all windows have acoustic insulation so this is not a problem during winter months. But if you are a light sleeper and looking to book during the summer months it might be best to look for other options.
CHECK-IN: After 2 pm. Just try to let me know in advance your estimated time of arrival. Early check-ins, if/when possible, need to be arranged in advance.
CHECK-OUT: By 11 am. Late check-outs, if/when possible, need to be arranged in advance.
NO SMOKING INSIDE THE FLAT. If you smoke, please do so ONLY on the balcony (ashtray provided).
The property is a recently renovated flat, bright and warm, with wooden floors, independent heating, wifi, washing machine, dishwasher, oven, fridge, water kettle, kitchen utensils, bathroom with shower and a flat TV with a few international channels (mainly news).
Breakfast is not provided but I will usually have at disposal basic kitchen essentials like tea, coffee, sugar, salt.
The apartment sleeps 4 maximum: the sleeping room has a queen size bed made with pallets, and a ceiling fan for the warmer nights. There is no AC but the place is cool in the summer. The living room has a sofa bed (easy to open/close). All windows have mosquito nets mounted.
The property is located at the first floor, easy to get to with luggage.
Free Wi-Fi (7 Mbps) available throughout the apartment.
Clean bed linens and bathroom towels are provided. For longer stays I will contact you to arrange a full change.
I will provide a small guide with instructions and things to know about the flat. I will also provide guidebook with local info (supermarkets, markets, buses, walks, restaurants/bars etc).
FAMILY-FRIENDLY: The high table and stools might not be suitable for younger children. The small office table with normal chairs can be used instead.
Toys for younger kids are available.
SECURITY: The apartment is equipped with carbon monoxide detector, first aid kit and fire extinguisher.
Zugang für Gäste
You will get your keys and you will have 24h access. Check-In is after 2 pm and Check-Out is by 11 am. Late check-outs, when possible, need to be previously arranged.
Interaktion mit Gästen
You can reach me 24/7 either on my mobile or via the famous W messaging app or the AirBnb app. Any problem you have, even if you're lost, gimme a call!
In the local-area guide I provide there are a few personal suggestions about basic shopping in the area, unique food places and getting around.
Weitere wichtige Infos
NO ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR CLEANING!
FLORENCE TOURIST TAX: € 2.50/day per person (free for kids under 12), to be paid CASH upon arrival. You can read more about it by searching on the internet "Florence tourist tax".
PARKING: Parking around the apartment is possible but not easy. You can park on the blue lines for a fee. The blue lines usually count for half of the available parking spaces (the white ones are for residents). This is the same for the whole city.
Unfortunately in Florence there is no such thing as free parking. The cost is of € 1/hour from Monday to Saturday, from 8 to 20, so that's €12/day. Free on Sunday.
Alternatively there's a garage near the apartment and it costs € 15/day.
The second Thursday night (so from Wednesday evening) of the month it is not possible to park around the apartment (they wash the streets). PM for details and workaround.
PLEASE NOTE: Busy road close by might be bothersome for light sleepers during summer months, if windows are kept open.
- FLORENCE TOURIST TAX: € 2.50/day per person (free for children under 12). To be paid CASH upon check-in.
- Complying with the local legislation, upon arrival I will need to register a valid document for each guest (passport or ID for EU, only passport for non-EU), and later communicate them to the local authorities. I will take a picture of the documents, but if you are uncomfortable with that I will just write down all the details (it just takes a bit longer).
- If you do smoke, please do so ONLY on the balcony. Ashtray provided.
- The apartment is family-friendly, although the high kitchen table with stools might not be suitable for kids. A small office desk can be used instead.
- IMPOSTA DI SOGGIORNO COMUNE DI FIRENZE: € 2.50/giorno a persona (gratis per ragazzi sotto i 12 anni). Da pagare in CONTANTI al momento del check-in.
- Nel rispetto della legge, all'arrivo devo registrare un documento valido per ogni ospite (passaporto nel caso di cittadini non-comunitari). Farò una foto al documento, ma se questo comporta disagio posso semplicemente trascrivere i dettagli del documento stesso (ci vuole solo qualche istante in più).
- E' possibile fumare SOLO in terrazza. Posacenere a disposizione.
- L'appartamento è adatto a famiglie ma il tavolo "bar" di cucina con gli sgabelli alti potrebbe non essere adatto a bambini più piccoli. C'è una scrivania bassa che può essere usata in alternativa.
AS A HOST: My aim is to make my guests' experience the best I can. I always remind myself: What do I enjoy most when I travel as a guest?
AS A GUEST: I'm a runner. Running became an excuse to travel abroad with my family (wife and daughter). We usually travel to European cities for the local marathons and half-marathons. When I travel I like to dive into local habits, food and language.
AS A HUMAN BEING: I love languages and getting to know other cultures. It amazes me to see how different we are and yet, how similar certain things remain through time. Think of proverbs for example: the same proverbs are recurring in different cultures and languages. Cervantes once said "Proverbs are short sentences drawn from long experience."