Built in 1901, and renovated in 2010, the farmhouse blends its original charm with modern convenience. Nearby trails lead to Big Meadows on Skyline Drive and are a main route for horseback riding from Graves Mountain Lodge. Area activities include hiking Old Rag or White Oak Canyon, touring wineries, biking, scenic drives and trout fishing. Perfect for adventurers, couples, or families Fabulous Farmhouse also welcomes dogs and horses with prior approval from Christine of Home in the Hollow LLC.
Comfortable! Refreshed and Relaxed! We believe our house rules will help you achieve this experience.
- No smoking in or near the house. No burning of candles in the home. Always be attentive to local fire danger including dry or windy conditions, and only use the fire pit when fire danger is low. Virginia Department of Forestry and local regulations must be followed and will be posted in the farmhouse. No exceptions!
- Please do not remove towels or bedding from the house. Do not take bedding or blankets out to the fire pit.
- Our neighbors are very important to us. Please respect them by refraining from hosting gatherings, and by keeping nighttime noise levels to a minimum.
- Please contact your host to obtain approval for dogs and horses prior to booking.
- Occasional standing or running water may be present in the creek runs on the premises. These areas are not suitable for swimming.
- Internet is limited to satellite due to the rural nature of the property. Please refrain from streaming video, gaming, or music which may lead to data restrictions by the provider.
- Food waste attracts bears and other wildlife. Secure all trash in the shed directly behind the home.
We sincerely thank you.
Home in the Hollow LLC
I am an outdoor enthusiast, and spend my time gardening, riding horseback, hiking, and practicing amateur photography. I both appreciate and respect our environment. If I am not outside I am often reading, or researching the natural world.