This is really a case of 'mixed feelings'.
On one hand, there are many GREAT things to say about the place:
- clean, nicely designed and newly refurbished
- in a lovely, peaceful, green part of Berlin (Steglitz) which is very much worth visiting. Plus free car parking :)
- completely quiet and peaceful and only 30 minutes to Potsdamer Platz (10-12 minutes' walk to S Bahn + 20 minute trip, trains every 5-10 minutes)
- under-floor heating in all the rooms is fantastic!
- comfortable beds, hot water and good shower pressure
So, if all you are looking for is a property, Ali's place is ideal. However, if you are a tourist, and use Airbnb to get some 'local flavour' through interaction with your hosts, then you will be disappointed:
- Ali's replies were fast, but lacking any interest in us as guests. Only bare minimum 1-2 line messages ('The key is in a safe box', 'Arrived well?'), and that was it.
- Inside the house - zero helpful information about the area, where to find local shops, cafes, transport etc. The only information was a torn piece of paper with a wi-fi password (even the paper was wet and the code was almost unreadable).
- we have travelled with Airbnb so many times now, that we can say it is almost a standard that the host leaves something - ANYTHING - as a small welcome for guests. I'm don't expect champagne and flowers, but when we came to Ali's place we found exactly zero. Not even tea bags or coffee pods. That was a real disappointment - guests staying for one night do not want to buy a box of tea bags or coffee pods, and when you're charging EUR 150 for a night, you can afford to make these small gestures towards your guests.
We give a five star rating for the fantastic property - with just a little more effort from Ali, it will be a great place to stay for all Airbnb guests.