WedgeView Country House & Spa is located on a one hectare plot just outside the picturesque and historic town of Stellenbosch, where the luxury of a five-star hotel mingles with the exclusivity of a private country residence. Your hosts Dave and Anouk Bakker, together with the WedgeView team, will look after you and will also welcome your business meeting or other events.
We have five types of rooms:
- Deluxe Room, with its own en-suite bathroom with separate shower & bath.
- Garden Deluxe Room, with private patio from which you can enjoy the spectacular views over the vineyards and Stellenbosch Mountains.
- Superior Room, with open thatched roof, Air-conditioning and a private balcony from which you can enjoy the spectacular views over the vineyards and Stellenbosch Mountains.
- Honeymoon Suite, consisting of the Master Bedroom, a private lounge, en-suite bath room with walk-in shower & Spa Bath, a spare room which can be used as baby room, small office or luggage storage. It also has direct access to our solar-heated lagoon pool.
- Executive Honeymoon Suite on the first floor of the main house that consists of a Spacious Bedroom with an intimate private lounge. The en-suite bathroom boasts a romantic double rain down shower as well as spacious bath.
- Garden Family Suite on the ground Floor of the main house that consists of 2 Bedrooms, one of them with en-suite bathroom. The Garden Suite has a private patio at the back with direct access to our solar-heated lagoon Pool as well as private terrace at the front with spectacular views over the Stellenbosch Hills Vineyards and Mountains.
- Luxury Family Suite, consisting of the Master Bedroom (which is known as the Honeymoon Suite) which includes a private lounge, en-suite bathroom with separate shower & Spa Bath, a spare room which can be used as baby room, office or luggage storage and access to a semi-private solar-heated lagoon pool. The Master Bedroom is attached to another Deluxe Room, with its own en-suite bathroom with separate shower & bath.
When booking a room Full English & Continental Breakfast is included.
Furthermore, WedgeView welcomes you daily from 08:00 to 19:00 at its Spa.
3-course Dinners are available on request, however we do require to book at least 48 hours in advance. Kindly inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies we should be aware of.
We can advise you and assist you in making bookings in advance at the many superb restaurants in and around Stellenbosch. Stellenbosch has recently become the new culinary capital of South Africa. Personal favourites are Rust & Vrede, The Restaurant @ Jordan Wine Estate, Terroir, Casparus, Tokara and for a gourmet picnic and Big 5 Wine Safari Warwick Wine Estate is a must.
WedgeView Country House & Spa is a great place to get away. The surrounding vineyards will give you an outstanding view from your room!
Stellenbosch has truly become the Food and Wine Capital of SA with 3 of the top 10 restaurants in the country. Numerous eateries offer exquisite food combined with award winning Stellenbosch wines. This truly is foodie heaven!
WedgeView’s central location means that over 15 golf courses, with varying styles and difficulties, can be reached within a 30 to 35-minute drive, including some Championship courses.
Dave, Anouk and their WedgeView Team have always been dedicated to recommend their personal favorites to their guests. After having lived and traveled in South Africa for several years, the Bakker family has visited many unique and lovely Guest Houses, Boutique Hotels, Lodges and Game Reserves throughout South Africa and picked their favorites.
To ensure that all WedgeView’s guests do not only enjoy their stay at WedgeView Country House & Spa, but as well the rest of their trip in South Africa, we have developed WedgeView Travel as an extra service to our clients.
The idea for this exciting new development was born from the way Social Media has changed our lives and review websites like Tripadvisor influence our travel plans. People have always based their decisions on recommendations from family, friends and their network through word of mouth, but today, the word of mouth, tips, advice and personal recommendation happens through the internet. These guests or clients have now become part of the WedgeView Family.
This new concept enables you to customize your trip to the most beautiful destinations and accommodations of the country and can all be arranged within a few clicks.
Have a look at all our affiliated and personally recommended Guest Houses, Boutique Hotels and Lodges throughout South Africa on the website and check availability and book your accommodations to compose your ideal trip.
The WedgeView Travel Team will be happy to assist you if you have any questions.
For more information, please visit our website.