Our place is close to parks for hiking and biking, restaurants and dining, gold mining, the Historic Julian town and beer and wine tasting. Lake Cuyamaca is a short drive away where you can rent a paddle boat or test your fishing skills.
You’ll love our cabin because for a mountain home, it has a refreshing amount of space for all to spread out and relax without feeling crowded. It has the perfect mix of vintage charm with modern amenities and the game room entertains kids and adults alike.
This is the home you picture when you decide to spend time away in the country. It is located in the beautiful wooded neighborhood of Pine Hills about 4 miles from the historic town of Julian at an elevation of approximately 4,000 feet. Various fruit trees decorate the property adding to the characteristics of the retreat.
Once you enter, you find a delightful mix of the old west and country chic. There are two large bedrooms and two full bathrooms. The master bedroom has a king sized bed and a twin pull trundle day bed for up to four guests. The second bedroom has a queen sized bed for a comfortable space for two guests to share. In addition, there is a cozy nook off the second bedroom with bunk beds for your kids. It provides a separate space for sleeping, while keeping them close enough to hear if they want you.
The open well lit living room draws you in to a comfortable and rich area with couches and chairs circling the propane fireplace. The dining room just calls out for the family to pull up a chair and sit together over a home cooked country meal. The open floor plan allows guests to dabble in the kitchen while visiting with others in the living room and dining area. There is even a bar ready for you to pull up and sit for a while. The kitchen is a delightful step back in time, while boasting all new appliances. The sink is an amazing old washtub and the cabinets mix a touch of old and new. The appliances are top of the line stainless steel which include a large refrigerator, a dishwasher and incredible oven/stove.
If you want a little time off to yourself, you can tear yourself away to the lovely sitting room with more chairs and a couch where you can curl up with your favorite book, work on puzzles, or watch a movie on the television. Although this already is enough for any fabulous getaway, throw in the huge game room in the back of the home. There is a full sized ping pong table, plenty of sitting room and comfortable furniture for bringing the entire group together for real family time. Everyone can sit and watch the ping pong game, visit with each other, curl up in a chair or on a couch, and just enjoy. The home also has a large pass through window directly from the kitchen, so while everyone visits, snacks, treats and tasty delights can be passed through to all the guests.
Your visit is not complete until you step outside and start up the propane barbeque. And once the sun sets, there is nothing like the Julian sky at night. Without the distracting glow of the lights in the city, the sky is blanketed with so many stars that feel as if they are close enough to reach out and touch. Deer wander around the property, as do wild turkeys and a host of other wildlife. As guests, you will simply melt into the surroundings and find all your stress and worry floats away. A calm and quiet found no where else surrounds you and you will never want to leave the mountain.
Zugang für Gäste
The home is almost 2,000 square feet, plenty of room to spread out and enjoy yourselves! There is a large game room with a ping pong table, darts and games. For stays longer than one week, we will provide access to the laundry room.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We have a property manager, Barbara, who can be reached during your stay with any issues.
- No outdoor fires
- Quiet hours 8pm - 8am
- Check out 11am
- Must be at least 23 to rent this home
- No additional guests allowed without written approval.
- $150 cleaning and laundry fee
- Guests must be over the age of 23 and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period.
- No parties, excessive noise, or any illegal activity shall take place at property.
- Cleaning: Each property will be cleaned and inspected after your departure. We ask you to help us enable the cleaning crews as much as possible. Simple things like leaving the property tidy, running the dishwasher, starting to wash the towels, and taking out the trash are expected of our guests. If excessive wear and tear is found on property, or additional cleaning is necessary due to spills, trash left on site, unclean dishes, stains to furniture, carpeting, linens, paint, wallpaper, or flooring, Guest authorizes the property manager to bill them for additional fees. If at any time the maximum number of occupants is exceeded or if the property manager receives information about excessive noise, property manager has the right to evict Guest and all occupants immediately and to bill the guest a minimum service fee of $250. If any sign of smoking indoors is discovered Guest authorizes the property manager to charge the guest a minimum $500 cleaning fee.
- Pets: If not previously arranged, any sign of any pet is discovered Guest authorizes manager to charge the guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee.
- Travel Insurance is highly recommended for any stay.
We love to travel and try to do it as often as possible! I grew up in the mountains in Northern CA (Matt is a SD native). While I love living in San Diego, the mountain girl in me misses the trees and open space. We bought this home in 2016 and are thrilled to share it with others. It truly is a magical place. Our retreat is managed by Barbara Schor and she will receive all your inquiries and handle all your booking needs. You can contact her directly at ( or We look forward to you staying at our wonderful retreat.