Located in a magical moss covered forest with a path leading to a protected rocky cove, our guest house is perfect for those seeking a peaceful place to unwind. Arrive by boat or car and enjoy beautiful views, water access, a back deck and two hammocks. You share the property with the owners, who are in the adjacent house, separated by a staircase. A queen bed is in the loft and a queen sofa bed in the living area. Not suitable for young children or pets.
The guest house is a light and airy open space hexagon with a sliding glass door leading out to the private back deck with two Adirondack chairs, two loungers, a picnic table and gas grill. A narrow spiral staircase leads up to an open loft with one queen bed. A pull out queen sofa bed in the downstairs living area provides additional sleeping space for a third person.
We provide beach towels, water shoes, and chairs to sit along the rocky shore at low and mid tide. Guests have access to a forested pathway leading to a stairway to the shore where you can launch your own kayak, take a dip, explore tidal pools, or sun yourself on the rocks. There are two hammocks where you can read a book or take a nap! If you are an amateur naturalist or like to know about local history, guidebooks on both are in the cottage.
Because of the spiral staircase with large openings, we cannot accommodate young children. Due to the sensitive nature of the ecosystem, pets are not allowed and guests are limited to a total of three.
Zugang für Gäste
The guest cottage is located next to the owners' main house, with a wooden staircase and walkway between them. We ask that you access the guest house by way of the granite steps to the right on the top of the driveway, and not through the shared deck space between the two houses.
Interaktion mit Gästen
A guest book is in the guest house and has important information about staying in the cottage, as well as information about things to do on Deer Isle. If you need assistance, please text the owner using the number given on your reservation.
Weitere wichtige Infos
* There is not a landline in the cottage but cell phone reception is adequate. There is a landline in the main house in case of emergency.
* internet access is not high speed due to our remote location. You cannot stream movies but we have dish satellite TV.
* We expect our guests to understand and appreciate the sensitive ecological nature of this property and to limit water use, recycle, stick to the paths, and be respectful of the environment. No outdoor fires allowed.
- The guest house has a separate entrance area from the main house. We ask guests to only use this entrance rather than the shared staircase.
- No outdoor fires, other than using the outside grill.
- We expect our guests to have an appreciation of the sensitive ecological environment they are visiting. Limiting water use, recycling, sticking to the paths, and respecting the wildlife and water is an important part of your stay.
- This property is best for those who enjoy peace and quiet in a natural setting. We ask that guests do no play loud music and are particularly conscious of noise levels after 10:00PM