Our estate house is close to Nashville, TN, nestled in the rolling Tennessee hills with great views and a peaceful country atmosphere. Our large, beautiful home is great for couples, families (with kids), and groups. With the city close by and the ping pong table, pool table and hot tub on the property you won't run out of things to do as you spend some relaxing time with your family and friends in our Great Grandfather's historic home!
We think you'll love taking time to explore the 15 acres that Duffer Hollow offers. There is a beautiful historic barn and barnyard that still has the cattle shoot (until the Box Elders take over it'll be there!) that we love using for family photo shoots. The outdoor fire pit area is perfect for some unplugged evening time together, but don't worry there is fiberoptic internet for your use too so you won't be completely unconnected.
Zugang für Gäste
The entire space is available for your use - the main house has 7 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms and is conveniently set up in groups of two bed/1 bath areas with a master suite that has an en suite bathroom. This allows multiple groups to have some more private areas in the house. NOTE: Please let us know if you don't use the guest suite, there is a $50/night discount and $50 discount on cleaning fee.
The eighth bedroom and another bathroom are located above the separate garage - a completely private space that also has a microwave and small fridge. This guest suite is available for a small additional fee, just let us know if you'd like to use it!
Multiple porches also provide areas for all to gather or a few to have some private time depending on your group's needs.
The fireplace in the library is also lovely for photos and there are books and games available for your use during your stay as well!
Our kids love the "cupboard under the stairs" they found on our first visit - playing imaginative games is a favorite for them when we come to stay.
There is a full kitchen, dining room that seats 8 plus additional seating in the kitchen and the above-mentioned indoor pool table and ping pong table for fun times as well.
This is an historic home, and as such there are a few things to consider during your stay that will help make you more comfortable!
- The home works on a septic system - as such, please only put toilet paper in the toilets throughout the home.
- We have a neighbor who accesses his home via the driveway as well - make sure you park your vehicles directly in front of the garage so he has access.
- Our down-the-hill neighbor, Donna, has rescued a variety of fowl who are easily frightened by fast driving - as you approach the hill before the entrance to Duffer Hollow, please make sure you drive slowly past her emu, ducks, turkeys and peacocks!
- Feel free to use the hot tub - you can find the outdoor towels on top of the dryer in the laundry room. Please replace the cover when you are finished enjoying and also put two teaspoons of the shock into the hot tub after each use.
- Please strip the beds you used and leave sheets on the unmade bed.
- Please place used towels in the laundry room downstairs.
- Please take the trash out to the garage-side of the home in the outside cans. The country varmints love the trash so please make sure the lids are snapped shut!
- Please load and start the dishwasher and put away any clean dishes.
- If you used the outdoor grill or indoor fireplace, please remove the ashes into a bag and to the trash area as above.
- Please set all three thermostats to 55 degrees in the winter, 80 degrees in the summer.