Basement 1 bedroom unit in a vintage building half a block from transit that takes you straight downtown. Michigan Ave shopping is ~30 min & Navy Pier ~45 min on the bus, or take a 20 minute car/Uber ride! We have a tv, Roku, and loaded Wii when you want to relax. Choose us if you want to spend your money on enjoying Chicago rather than sleeping in it! Free street parking, too! Note: We welcome all races, religions, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities. All are welcome here!
A cozy, private, locked 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom unit that's and offers a micro kitchenette (fridge, microwave, coffeepot only) and small living room as well as coin washer and coin dryer on site. Each laundry machine takes 4 quarters per load; please have exact change if you need to use them.
Please note that although this is a private space for our guests, we do live on site with pets. Because we are not a hotel there will be sights and some sounds of family living in this vintage, 100+ year old building...including chalk on the porch and sometimes toys in the yard.
This is a vintage building, like many in Chicago and our local area, which means it was built 100+ years ago and does not have modern duct work. The lack of ductwork also means there's no air filtration system. There WILL be dust; it's normal in vintage buildings. In addition, we do have classic features, including original hardwood flooring that offers a lot of character. :-)
Also we do share a common area entrance with our guests on the front porch, but guests have a private keyed entry to their own unit on a different floor from our family. Guests may end up interacting with our friendly 24-lb dog in public areas if he is outside at the same time or when guests are entering/exiting the premises, or guests may see a cat sitting in the windows. Our pets are never permitted in the guest areas.
Zugang für Gäste
Private entry, full bathroom, living room, coin laundry, Internet, tv, backyard space.
When in the backyard please do not touch the backyard chickens or open their coop or run, unless one of the hosts accompanies you for this experience.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We are happy to give sightseeing advice or transit tips to our out of town guests. In warmer weather, we spend a substantial amount of time in the backyard so guests should seek us out there for needs during daylight hours if we aren't immediately answering an inquiry in the Airbnb app. Guests are also welcome to socialize with us in the backyard, or use the space themselves if they choose.
We are a working family with a small child, so unless guests have an emergency or have made specific arrangements in advance we are not generally available from 10pm-9am.
Weitere wichtige Infos
The gas company is doing work on underground gas lines in our neighborhood; for the next month or so guests may see parts of our sidewalk dug up and/or construction vehicles on our street.
We are a quiet neighborhood with only a few local restaurants. 1 is 1/2 block walking distance, and serves quick bites like fried chicken and sandwiches. There's also a cash only pizza place a couple blocks away. If those aren't your style, GrubHub and UberEats deliver from a bunch of places. We can also offer many recommendations for driving or ridesharing to nearby locales we enjoy ourselves, and have a binder in the unit with several diverse dining recommendations as well as local grocery stores and pharmacies.
Lizenz- oder Registrierungs-Nummer
Erfahre mehr über diese Nummer
- We do not live right downtown. Please read our full listing before arrival and confirm that our location/neighborhood meets your needs.
- Please only book if you are open to an authentic Chicago experience, as people of various ethnicities and skin colors live in our neighborhood.
- Quiet Hours after 9pm
- No smoking or open flames of any kind on the property. This includes no candles, no incense, no e-cigs/vaping, no smoking any substances.
- Whenever using a common area, please leave it ready for the next person's use
- Turn off room lights, fans, etc when not in use to save energy
- Please always check the door after entering and exiting, confirming that you have your key in hand and the doors are locked.
- No unauthorized guests or overnight visitors.
- Check-in time is 3PM - 10PM. Checkout time is 12pm noon.
- No shoes indoors please, so the carpet stays cleaner for you and future guests.
- No illegal activity anywhere on the property, including downloads.
- If you break or damage something, please notify us immediately so we can remedy it.
- Do not leave out food or snacks that would attract pests.
- Do not move the furniture from where you found it on arrival.