Cosy, quirky cottage in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges. Wayfarer cottage is a 3 bedroom home with an eclectic style and whimsical decor, featuring a treehouse in the backyard and an uplifting range of original art brightening the walls.
Equipped with a gorgeous farmhouse kitchen and a range of entertainment for all ages, you'll love hanging out here between your visits to local cafes and other adventures exploring the surrounding hills.
Located on a quiet dead-end road in Upwey, Wayfarer Cottage is warm, colourful and full of character. Open the door to see a vibrant aqua blue piano on polished wooden floorboards (which run throughout the main house).
The cosy living room has velvet sofas, a rustic handmade coffee table and a Playstation 3 to accompany the Smart TV. As well as a wide range of dvds and bluray discs - including a great anime selection - you can play a handful of PS3 games, sing your heart out with Singstar or sit back and enjoy watching Netflix. There is an open fireplace, which is not needed for heat as we also have gas ducted heating throughout the house. However, if you love a fire for atmosphere, you can find request firewood and kindling ahead of time for an additional fee.
In the master bedroom you will have plenty of room to spread out, a vintage trunk to rest your suitcase on and ample storage space in the wardrobes. There is also a desk set up to give you a workspace if needed.
As well as a coffee grinder, espresso machine and plunger in the kitchen (we are coffee fans!), you will find a blender, toaster, kettle, slow cooker and a brand new microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom includes a combined washer/dryer and hanging racks mounted on the wall above - you'll find a step ladder in the kitchen to help you reach!
The second and third bedrooms are decorated with a funky vintage vibe, and include some toys and books as well as a wide desk in the second bedroom. The third bedroom, with the bunk beds, is located down a set of stairs from the chalkboard-painted door in the kitchen.
The maximum number of adults the cottage can accommodate is 4 (including two in the Queen bed), as the top bunk downstairs is only suited to children. However, the space can accommodate 5 in total, including children.
Tree lovers will enjoy hanging out in the back yard on the treehouse deck, and the more adventurous can climb up the ladder to sit on the branches above! The yard is not a landscaped garden, but rather a hilly and adventurous area, with towering pines down one side of the property, and the sounds of local bird life.
We are new to airbnb as hosts, and have enjoyed visiting other airbnb spaces as a family. For the next couple of years we are living in Seattle, so my sister Kelly will be your local contact, should you need one.
Small-medium pets are welcome, and a medium pet door allows them to go from the kitchen to the verandah deck easily. The cottage does not suit those with severe pet allergies, as small pets are permitted to stay with guests on request and may leave faint traces of dander / pet hair despite thorough cleaning. Two older cats (Neko and Boo) live next door, and may visit the garden from time to time. They were our family pets until we moved overseas in February 2017, when the neighbour adopted them.
Wayfarer Cottage is cute, quirky, imperfect yet rather charming, and ideal for a relaxing retreat in the foothills of the Dandenongs.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests will have access to the entire cottage and backyard, except the chook yard in the back corner (there are no chooks in there, but there is a garden shed and a trampoline which is not safe for kids). There is hanging space, shelves and drawers available for your use in the Master Bedroom. The garage is locked and unavailable.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I (Danielle) am currently living in the Seattle area with my family, and will be available via airbnb messages.
Kelly, my sister, will be your local contact, and her mobile number will be provided to you for emergencies or assistance.
- Please take reasonable care at all times. While our house is child-friendly, it is not child-proof.
- If pets are on the premises, please restrict them to the living room, kitchen and foyer, and keep them off the furniture.
- No large dogs, however small-medium dogs are welcome on request.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property.
- Parties or events are not allowed.
- Please look for broken items when you arrive and contact us if you find anything that needs replacing.
- If something is accidentally broken or damaged during your stay, please let us know ASAP. There may be another guest arriving soon after your visit, and we do need to take care of any issues as early as possible.
- Please clean the kitchen benches when you leave, and wash your dishes (leaving them in the dishwasher, and turning it on, is fine).
- It would also be great if you could pop your recycling and rubbish in the large bins by the driveway. This helps us cut down on our cleaning fees for guests!
- Please remove used sheets from the bed at the end of your stay. You can simply leave them on the bed or in the hamper, this process just helps make sure that none of your possessions are accidentally left behind in the bedding (it happens!). However, please do not remove the mattress or pillow protectors.
I'm a quirky, creative introvert with a huge love of travel, books, coffee, autumn trees and photography (not necessarily in that order!). My husband, three kids and I are moving to Seattle for a couple of years for the adventure of it living somewhere new. We love our cosy hills cottage, and are happy to share it with fellow airbnb travellers while we are living abroad.