Welcome to The Highland Lakehouse! Your year round luxury retreat nestled in the heart of the Haliburton Highlands & only 2.5 hours from Toronto. This fully reno'd home has all the amenities: wifi, dishwasher, satellite TV not to mention privacy, stunning views, & slower pace of life. Situated on picturesque Esson Lake we are in prime location for boating, fishing, skiing, snowshoeing or simply catching up on sleep!
The Highland is where adults can be kids & kids can do what they do best - swim, eat, play, sleep & then do it all again all in a picturesque setting on peaceful Esson Lake. It’s where memories are made, high scores are beat, meals are shared by starlight, and stories are told by campfire. Where laps are rowed and swam and skied. Books are devoured and afternoon naps are pretty much a requirement. Every season The Highland is a paradise. Colourful leaves, fresh crisp air, roaring fires, polar bear dips, skating, sledding and lazy days spent snuggled up with your favourite people.
About the cottage:
- Comfortably sleeps 8
- Master bedroom with queen bed, closet and dresser, forest view
- Green room with bunk bed: single on top, double on bottom, closet and dresser, forest view
- Yellow room with 1 queen bed, closet and dresser, forest view
- Pink room with bunk bed: single on top, double on bottom, dresser, 12’ ceilings
- Double pull-out couch in the downstairs family room
- 4 piece bath on 2nd floor with soaker tub, forest view out the shower
- 2 piece bath on 1st floor with large vanity and mirror, linen closet
- Washer and dryer available on-site. 2nd fridge in laundry room
- Open concept entertaining space on upper floor, vaulted ceilings, whitewashed walls, exposed beams, floor to ceiling windows, ceiling fan, lake view, new iPod dock
- harvest table and church pew dining with seating for 8-10
- Fully (very fully) equipped kitchen for people who like to cook: dishes, good knives, pots and pans, fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, blender, coffee maker, popcorn maker
- Cozy family room on 1st floor with woodstove, sectional with double sofa bed, wood paneled ceiling, walk-out to the lake. Stocked with books, magazines, 47” TV with satellite cable, DVD’s, games, puzzles, darts
- 3 outdoor hangout zones: 1) the upper deck with wraparound deck, propane BBQ, dining for 8, lounging perfect for enjoying your morning coffee 2) lower deck with fire pit and Muskoka chairs and seating area. 3) Dockside hangout with shed full of water toys, mini fridge, sectional and fire pit #2, dock with built-in seating
- Complimentary onsite activities: Wifi, iPod dock, home phone, books, games, puzzles, Satellite cable, movies, magazines, 2 yoga mats, darts, snowshoes, water toys, fishing rods, 2 bikes, sleds, 2 kayaks, 2 stand up paddleboards, 1 canoe
- Linens and towels included.
- Child friendly with clean water entry.
- Large dock with built-in seating for mooring boats and deep water swimming
- Boat rental available in the area and public boat launch minutes away
- All day sun on the dock with gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Afternoon shade on the upper deck. Open views for evening stargazing.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to the entire place inside and out except for one storage room the owner keeps locked with cleaning supplies and personal items. Our home is your home and everything available to you is...well available for your use!
100 ft of private access to a wonderfully clean Canadian lake - excellent for swimming, fishing and boating. Canoe, kayaks, paddle board and water toys available when the dock is out in the summer months.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We have designed this place to be completely independant so our guests can have a private experience that not only is quiet and relaxing but feels as if it is their own.
We have a binder on site that houses everything you could need to know about the operations of the house and surrounding area
In saying that, we are available by phone, text or email at anytime during your stay should you need anything at all. We also have a team of staff (cleaners, maintenance, plowers, etc) close by.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Max capacity is 8.
The following is included complimentary with your stay:
- bed linens pillows and extra blankets
- interior towels (1 per guest + 2 facecloths per guest) - please bring your own beach towels
- paper products: toilet paper, paper towel, napkins
- soap products: dishwasher det, dishwashing soap, hand soap, laundry soap, basic cleaning supplies
- all kitchen equipment including dishwasher, microwave, pots, pans, cooking utensils, coffee maker, kettle, blender, slow cooker
- kitchen basics: olive oil, vinegar, salt + pepper, coffee, coffee filters, array of teas, serran wrap and/or tin foil
- propane for the BBQ
- whole host of games, books, dvds, indoor and outdoor activities
- 2 kayaks, canoe, 2 stand-up paddleboards and life jackets (not all sizes - please bring your own)
- toboggans and snowshoes
- 2 bikes
Stairs: Our cottage, like most in the Haliburton Highlands is elevated on a small hill. It makes for amazing views and also means there are some steps on the property and therefore we are not wheelchair accessible. There are steps down to the water as well steps up to the main floor of the lake house (as well as inside the property). Please be sure guests are comfortable on stairs so they get the full use and enjoyment of the property.
- The cottage renter agree to the following provisions:
- up to 2 well behaved dogs only – flea treatment is required and must be registered in the rental contract
- absolutely no cats (owner has severe allergies)
- Respect the local enforced noise bylaws as well as the neighbours. Excessive, late night noise or parties will not be tolerated. Quiet hours between 11pm - 7am - please take it inside if you plan to be up during quiet hours
- Smoking IS NOT permitted inside the cottage. Cigarette butts must be disposed of carefully.
- Thermostat should not be needed during summer months, please do not touch.
- Extra guests (even day guests) not included on the rental contract must be requested and approved by the owner.
- Parking for 4-5 cars maximum is available
- Nothing but on-site toilet paper (including food, hair, grease, floss) put down the drains including toilet, sink and shower.
- Please abide by the local fire laws and be aware of fire bans. Do not leave fires unattended or going overnight.
- Fireworks and BB guns are not permitted
- Guests should not attempt repairs and should contact the cottage owner as soon as possible if emergency repairs needed.
- Guests shall assume responsibility for any wilfull or negligent damages to the cottage and its premises, including damage due to pets.
- The cottage owner assumes no responsibility for injury to any cottage guest during the term of the cottage rental
- A confirmed booking requires a rental application and contract to be signed by both owner and guest
- Please respect and enjoy our lovely cottage and neighbours.
- ** Summer months reservations over a holiday long weekend will require a min. 7 day booking.
- ** Please inquire about short term weekday rentals and winter weekend deals
- **rentals are not considered booked until damage deposit and owner's contract is signed
We're a couple of East Coasters living in the big city. The Highland has been our escape and now we're ready to share it with all of you!
We love being active and getting outdoors making The Highland our dream getaway. We have loved it and hope you will too!