This is one of our many rustic cottages located within Buffalo Gap Retreat. The amenities include a sandy bottom lake with beach & beach house, a log cabin style wood fired sauna, swimming, kayaks, canoe, floatation devices, volleyball, bon-fire pits, fishing, creeks, a huge covered dance & concert pavilion (games otherwise), and hiking / scenery. Firewood included. Kitchenettes well stocked in each cabin. Hot showers in each.
The Potomac Cottage is a 1000 square foot, 3 bedroom, 8 person capacity cabin with a large full eat in kitchen, 2 full bathrooms, and a living room area separate from the kitchen. An extraordinary family cabin. With 2 full sized beds, 2 twins, and a full sized pull out sofa bed, the cabin comfortably sleeps 8. And a short walk down to the lake.
Zugang für Gäste
A former Jewish Kids Camp dating back to 1950, now Buffalo Gap Retreat, this property was long abandoned and in slow decay until 5 investors came along and purchased it on May 25, 2017 and are in the process of a massive and rapid rehab of the property and structures into a family oriented retreat. With a spring fed lake, beach, wood-fired sauna, beach house, bon-fire pits with included firewood, 24/7 dining hall / cafe sitting area, covered pavilion with ladders and corn-hole games, horse shoes, and an upper and lower Raspberry / Blackberry hiking trail. And 10+ cottage rentals and a primitive campground too. Ideal property for weddings, retreats, workshops, concerts and more as well as private family cottage and campsite rentals. Kid and pet friendly.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Each cottage has a well stocked kitchen / kitchenette that includes:
2 burner electric mini-range for cooking
all pots / pans / plates / cups / glasses / silverware / dish strainer / sinks / hot and cold water / dish soap / sponges / cleaning supplies and rags / and everything needed to cook or wipe up a mess (brooms, mops, buckets...)
What you may want to bring:
your own food and drinks, napkins or paper towels, coffee, creamer, paper plates if you don't like washing a lot of dishes, charcoal for your charcoal grill, a firestarter or two to make starting campfires outside easier in your firepit, flashlights or headlamps.
Weitere wichtige Infos
- bring your own sheets/ blankets/ pillows and/or sleeping bags
- Family friendly retreat intended for peace and tranquility in the mountains
- Quiet Hours 10:00pm to 8:00am - please be respectful of other guests.
- Children Must be Supervised at Lake at ALL TIMES - Swim at your own Risk.
- If you move any beds, shelves, or furniture in your sleep cabin, please put it back before you depart.
- If you have more than 8 overnight guests for this cabin, you must rent a second cabin -- or pay the additional $15 per person per night fee
- cabin has keyless entry -- door lock combination will be given to you upon payment/confirmation of your reservation.
- Be sure to bring (2) twin and (3) full sheets sets / blankets / pillows and/or sleeping bags and extra blankets for cool mountain nights (and towels, bathing suits).
- Strongly recommend printing off our Directions from AirBnB and bringing them with you.
- Firepit outside includes free firewood
- Grill outside each cottage -- bring your own charcoal and lighter fluid
Dieser Gastgeber hat 190 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
A former graduate level Aerospace Engineer turned self-employed massage therapist (11 years the former, 15 years the latter). A former campground owner/founder....love the outdoors, gardening, landscape design. I am an organic vegetarian, a pacifist, and very health conscious. I live an active, busy and happy life surrounding myself with nature and wonderful people. I am very multi-cultural and enjoy interaction with people from all walks of life, having traveled the world extensively including living in India for some time and having visited many places in the Middle East, Central America, and traveling nearly the whole USA. Love people and love hosting and meeting new people.