This is a great little adobe house located in Marathon Texas, the Gateway to the Big Bend. The Garcia House is a renovated one-bedroom adobe cottage on the south side of Marathon. It sits on a quiet street just a few blocks from the center of town.
Many of you are familiar with the Garcia house as it has been on the vacation rental market for a few years under Adobe Hacienda Lodges website.
A new king sized bed is located in the combined living room/bedroom. You can relax and plan your day, or sit and recover with a good book, or just settle in for a nap before heading to the White Buffalo for a drink and perhaps some live entertainment down at the Gage.
A twin bed is located in the adjacent room.
If you’d prefer to plan your day from the outside, we encourage you settle into the cantina tables and chairs out under the trees. It’s a good place to sit with your beverage of choice. A neighbor may meander by for a chat.
The kitchen is equipped with basic essentials, and there is a private bath with a shower decorated in wonderfully authentic Mexican tile. A small apartment sized stackable washer/dryer combo gets the job done. As with many of the adobe homes out here, heating is via a wall mounted propane heater inside the house and a/c is provided via window units.
Staying here welcomes you into the area and the great ambiance of the Big Bend area, and we hope you enjoy your stay.
Zugang für Gäste
You will have access to the entire house.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Marcie will be your local host. She has maintained the Garcia House for a number of years. She is available to help you with any concerns you may have from 9am to 9pm. Should you have other questions, please reach out to us.
- For small children, please be mindful of the propane heater.
- Pets - We will consider accepting reservations for guests with pets. However, you MUST notify us in advance if you will be wanting to bring a pet. Approval of these reservations are on a case by case basis and my or may not be approved as some animals may not be accepted. We may also require you to forward us a picture of your pet for verification. All reservations with pets may require a small additional fee and deposit.
- Early check-in may be available. Please contact us with any questions.
- There is no smoking in the house. If you smoke outside, please be careful as there are frequent burn bans in the desert area.
- We are happy to accept single night reservations. However, during certain times and events, demand can be higher and we may require a 2 night stay. Thank you for your understanding.