Tucked away on two peaceful wooded acres in the midst of the Wayne National Forest, Buckeye Trail Cabin offers a cozy and quiet setting for your special getaway. Be it a romantic escape or an adventurous vacation for your family, nature and comfort combine to make this the perfect place for you to relax and nestle back after a day of exploring the beautiful and amazing Hocking Hills!
The cabin has 3 bed, 2 bath and will comfortably sleep 2 to 7 guests. The rustic interior features vaulted ceilings with skylights, open floor plan and a natural stone, wood-burning fireplace. Bedrooms include a king size bed and Jacuzzi bathtub in the master bathroom, queen size bed in the second, and a 3 tier bunk bed in the third with an Xbox360 for the kids and adults alike. A small number of sports and kids games are provided. All bedrooms have spacious closets. There is a full Kitchen with most amenities (coffee maker, pots & pans, all utensils, plates & glasses, cups, paper products, full fridge with ice maker, etc.), central air & heat, cable TV and free Wi-Fi! Outside you will find a new covered Jacuzzi Spa overlooking the wooded back area and small pond. Enjoy the long covered porch with outdoor seating area and porch swing, gas grill, fire pit, and hammock-in season.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to the entire upper living area. this is over 1500 sq. feet of space that includes Kitchen, Living and Dining areas. Bedrooms and all outdoor areas and amenities listed above.
Our bottom level is currently closed because we are just about to renovate that area. When complete, guests will have access to another bedroom, full bathroom and game room!
Interaktion mit Gästen
We have found that most of our guests like to have total privacy. It is set up so when you arrive, you can access the cabin key with a lock box code that will be provided to you prior to your arrival date. You can then access the cabin and all it's amenities and enjoy your vacation in complete privacy.
There is also a welcome package that will greet you when you arrive. Inside you will find information about the cabin, amenities, and will find directions on how to operate the hot tub, etc. There is also information on the State Parks, the Buckeye Trail and surrounding events and activities.
We also live fairly close by, so if you happen to see anything that does not meet with your approval, or if any problems should arise during your stay, please don't hesitate to call or text. My phone numbers and email addresses are provided in the welcome package in case something should come up. If an issue does arise, we will do everything in our power to fix the problem in a timely manner. Our main concern is that your stay be as enjoyable and worry free as possible and we will do all we can to make sure that's the experience you have.
- Check In - Is anytime after 4pm. Information about receiving the cabin key will be provided in a pre-arrival email.
- Check Out - Is by 11am. Unfortunately, we are generally unable to accommadate late checkout requests. This is to ensure that the cabin is ready for our next incoming guests. Late checkouts without prior approval will result in a $100 per hour fee.
- Check Out Procedure - All dishes, classes, silverware and kitchen utensils should be placed in the dishwasher. Pots & pans washed and put away. Trash bags should be placed inside the mail door, or out on that deck. Please place all dirty towels in either bathroom. The property in general should be left neat and in order. Please respect the environment and do not leave cans or bottles on the grounds. If excessive outdoor cleaning is required, and additional $100 will be charged the card on file. an
- Damages - We reserve the right to charge the credit card on file for any damages or excessive cleaning in any regard. If you notice any problems upon checking in, please let us know right away to avoid any unnecessary charges. A thorough inventory and cleaning is completed before each guests arrival. The Lessee is responsible for the actions of everyone in your party.
- Pets - We are very pet friendly here at Buckeye Trail Cabin. We welcome up to 2 well-mannered and house-broken pets, but you must provide a brief description of your pets and have prior approval before confirming a reservation. If you bring a pet without prior approval you will be subject to additional charges. Pet owners are responsible for any and all damages caused by their pets and we ask that you adhere to the cabin rules & policies at all times. We ask that you please keep the grounds clean and pick up after your pets using the bags provided. Pets are not generally allowed on the furniture. If you have an older pet that sits with you we ask that you please put a towel down to avoid excess hair. Excessive cleaning due an abundance hair in the bed sheets may result in additional charges. Pets should be monitored by family members at all times. If you must leave your pet alone in the cabin for any reason, we require that the pet be caged to avoid any damages. The fee is an additional $50 for both pets for the entire stay.
- Keys - Failure to the key upon your departure, and/or make arrangements to return the key after the fact, will result in a $35 charge for key replacement.
- Amenities - Even though we keep our appliances, Jacuzzi and hot tub, etc. in top working order, it is possible for these amenities to malfunction. Buckeye Trail Cabin is unable to refund any monies for inconveniences experienced due to the malfunctioning of amenities where restoration was beyond our control during your stay. If we are unable to resolve your issue quickly, we reserve the right to sub-contract work to be performed at the earliest possible date. We will do everything within our power to correct the issue immediately, but do not guarantee complete restoration during your stay. Situations out of our control will not result in any refund.
- Inclement Weather/Power Outages - Severe weather conditions may make traveling to the cabin difficult. Our local road crews do a spectacular job keeping our main roadways clear so it should not usually be a problem, but severe conditions could arise. In addition, power outages may occur. We will do our best to advise and mitigate these issues, but no refunds or reductions will be given due to severe weather or power outages.
- Cabin Safety - For our guests safety, rules are posted around the cabin and grounds for your reference. Please adhere to all posted signs guidelines to insure safety for all. And in general, please watch your step as you are walking the grounds. Slopes may be steeper than they appear, plus the ground is uneven and there may be tree stumps sticking up in some areas.
- Bugs & Insects - Please be aware that you are staying in the middle of the woods. Though we have our cabin treated on a regular basis, you will most likely see bugs and insects during your stay. We are unable to provide a refund for any bugs, spiders, bees or ticks witnessed during your stay.
- Video & Social Media Dissemination - Unless prior written consent is obtained from Owners or their agents, Renter and his guests are prohibited from publicly disseminating through any social media, any video or photographic broadcast or reproductions of the property or Renter’s and guests activities while on the property. Renter shall indemnify and hold harmless Owner and their agents from any claims, liability, expenses or damages relating to any such broadcast or reproduction.
- Liabilities - Renter agrees to assume all responsibility for any accidents, injury or damage that may result in or about the premises, to persons or property (including those of Renter's guests), and that the Owner and its agents shall not be held liable, or responsible for such injury, accident, or damage. The Owner or agent shall not be responsible for injury or accident occurring on the property and renter agrees to hold the Owner/agent harmless from any and all claims and liability of any nature, which may arise by reason of the use of these facilities. Renter assumes the risk involved with the use of the hot tub (if provided), swimming pool (if provided), pond and any and all other rental amenities and agrees to save harmless and indemnify the Owner and its agents from any and all claims and liability of any nature which may arise by reason of the use of the same renter or others using the same during renters occupancy. Renter assumes responsibility of all guests during the reservation time. Renter shall be held liable for repair of all damages/misuse of the facilities. Owners will assume no responsibility for loss or damage to guest personal effects, or injury during the rental period. Upon request, guests personal items left at property will be mailed to guest at a charge of $10.00 plus shipping. Any items left longer than 30 days will be discarded by management. Upon check-out, any vehicles left on property will be towed off property and charged to credit card on file.
- No Smoking - Absolutely NO SMOKING is permitted inside the cabin. You are certainly welcome to smoke outside on either deck or around the grounds. Ashtrays are provided outside for your enjoyment. Please refrain from throwing any cigarette buts around the grounds. Any evidence of smoking inside the cabin will result in a minimum $250 charge for professional cleaning.
- Septic System - This property has a septic system. Please do not place anything in toilets other than toilet paper! No feminine sanitary products, paper towels, hand wipes, hair, etc. If the system becomes clogged, you may be subject to additional charges.
- Water Slides or Sprinklers - Absolutely NO waterslides, slippery slides or sprinklers will be permitted on the property. We ask this of our guests as to not overuse our water resource. Any use of these may result in an additional $200 charge for excessive water use. We thank you sincerely for respecting this restriction.
- Hunting & Fishing - No fishing is permitted in the pond, though feeding the fish is welcome. Hunting and the discharging of firearms on the property are strictly prohibited at all times!
- Furniture & Appliances - Please DO NOT move furniture or appliances. If you move furniture or appliances you may be charged additional fees. You are responsible for all damages that result from moving furniture or appliances. Please make us aware of anything not working in the cabins upon your arrival as soon as possible so we can address the issue and to avoid additional charges.
- Music & Noise - Please respect our surrounding neighbors and have all stereo, other music devises and excessive outside noise should be curtailed by around 10:00pm. We thank you sincerely for respecting our friends!
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIREWORKS ARE PERMITTED!!!
- Please Note Regarding Minimum Stays - A 2 night minimum stay is required for all reservations. A 3 night minimum is required for all major holiday reservations. Please be advised that you will be charged additional fees if other guests not registered with your original party are found to be staying on the premises. You may be asked to leave without refund should you exceed the maximum occupancy. If more beds are slept in than paid guests, the authorized lessee will be charged for the additional guests.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE - We will not rent Buckeye Trail Cabin for bachelor or bachelorette parties. After-prom, high school graduation parties, college parties, fraternity, sorority, keg or DJ parties are also not permitted. All events must have approval prior to the confirmation of a reservation. A violation of these terms without management approval may result in the termination of the lease.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE RULES AND POLICIES AS NEEDED. RULES AND POLICES POSTED IN OUR CABIN ARE NOT AS DETAILED AS THE RULES AND POLICIES SHOWN IN THIS DOCUMENT. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PRINT, READ, AND AGREE TO ALL THE RULES AND POLICIES SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT PRIOR TO MAKING A RESERVATION AT BUCKEYE TRAIL CABIN.
- Your verbal authorization at time of reservation, making an online reservation, payment of money and/or taking possession of the property is evidence of your acceptance of our policies and your intent to use the property as a rental.