The house with its wrap-around veranda provide a spacious, quiet and restorative setting. Sited on 40 acres in the Santa Cruz Mtns among oaks, fir and redwoods, you can still reach the outskirts of Silicon Valley in 40 minutes.
Simply stunning secluded and superbly serene retreat on its own 40 acres amidst 800 acres 'behind the gate' and surrounded by hundreds of thousands of acres of open space, county and state parks!
While an hour from three major airports (SFO, SJC, and OAK), it is the kind of space where it incredibly easy to not see anyone else your whole time here.
The property was built to tread lightly, very lightly, on the physical place. Water is from wells, electricity from solar (with a backup generator) and saved in batteries.
The main house can accommodate 5 comfortably (1 master bedroom and a loft with a queen and two single futons), but its mainly meant for getting away from it all. Additional space (Q sofa bed in separate building) available for $100 per night.
If rustic and serene are what you're looking for, come visit. If a party is what you're after, it's probably not a great match.
Hike out the front door to 1200 year old 200' redwoods or lay in the sun reading a book.
Less than an hour's drive to the ocean, but you'll never want to leave once you get here.
Arriving in the daylight is recommended your first time. We look forward to welcoming you!
Zugang für Gäste
You will have access to all of the main house, the veranda's and the utility building next to the house. Special arrangements are available for the
Interaktion mit Gästen
One of us is often on the property with you (but not with you in the main house) You will be able to reach one of us via email or phone, should you need help or have questions.
Weitere wichtige Infos
To bring with you:
1. Drinking Water: Tap water is not recommended, but is fine for cooking, brushing teeth, bathing etc. To be safe, plan on 1 gallon/day of drinking water per person. Do raid the earthquake supply in the garage if you run short (on shelving to the left of the door as you enter), but replace it or leave a note if you used any of it.
2. Layers: Temperature varies a lot – bring layers. Summer is fog season and it can be cool at times (50˚ - 60˚ F) at times. This year it has been in the upper 80’s and 90's too.
3. Slippers: This is a “No Shoes” house (unless there is a safety concern).
We're not the type to ruin the party, but this is a very special place in a neighborhood where people came to be secluded in the middle of a conservation area.
So if you're looking for a party and loud sound, probably not the right match. If you want solitude and retreat, lazy time reading or writing, and sleep in the most amazing quiet, we welcome you with open arms!
1) The Road is big enough for two cars, but shared with neighbors, please go slow!
2) Fire is an EXTREME danger here. There is a gas grill and a fireplace, but no other fires are allowed as we've had several extremely dry years and if one house goes, so too unfortunately does probably every other house.