Large, airy and sunny downstairs bedroom with 10 foot ceilings, overlooking the private garden. Huge window, a double closet, and a queen comfy bed. There are two side tables with lamps, and a proper desk and chair. Laminate floor. Lock and key. The shared bathroom is right next door, and separates you from the other guest room. Quiet residential area, close to shops, SKYTRAIN, buses, parks, downtown and the airport!
This is a very spacious house (over 3000 sf), with a mid-century modern vibe. It has lots of character, but also all the modern conveniences. There is hardwood and laminate flooring throughout, and tile in the bathrooms and kitchen. It has area rugs, but no dusty old carpets (something for you, dust allergy sufferers!). There are four full bathrooms, one private, and three shared, so there will always be a bathroom available for you. The kitchen is not huge, but it has everything you need. There is a partially covered, west facing deck, with a table and chairs, where you can have your meals in the warmer weather, if you choose to. Most bedrooms look out into a beautiful private, south facing garden.
This is a large, airy and sunny downstairs bedroom with 10 foot ceilings, overlooking the private South facing private garden. We call it the Portrait room, because it has a portrait of a beautiful Renaissance woman from The National Gallery of London. There is a huge window overlooking a private garden, and a double closet. Your bed is a queen and very comfy. There are also two side tables with lamps, a proper desk and a comfortable desk chair. There is laminate flooring throughout. The room has a lock on the door, and you get the key.The bathroom that you share with another guest is very conveniently located right next door, and separates you from the other guest room. The room is very private, tucked away from the busier parts of the house.
Zugang für Gäste
Apart from your bedroom (of course), you’ll have access to all the common areas of the house: the living room, kitchen, laundry, bathrooms, the deck and the back yard. You’ll have access to the fridge, and light use of the kitchen (some restrictions apply).
Interaktion mit Gästen
We’re busy people, so we’re not always here, but we’re also easily accessible, either in person or by email/text, to answer any of your questions, or help you with anything you need, to the best of our abilities. We’ve lived in the Vancouver area for a long time, so can probably answer most of your questions regarding this city, or at least point you in the right direction. There is so much to see and do around here that you’ll never run out of things to do!
Weitere wichtige Infos
Please be polite and courteous with other people in the house. Always clean up after yourself, especially in the common areas like kitchen and bathrooms. It's a shared space, so please be considerate of others in every way, like keeping the noise down, etc. Be a good Airbnb citizen...thank you :)
We like to keep a quiet and comfortable house, so we have a few rules to make sharing the space more enjoyable for everyone.
For safety reasons we DO NOT accept requests for children under 12. Sorry for the inconvenience.
• Laundry available between 3 pm and 9 pm after the airbnb laundry is(URL HIDDEN)done). Please limit to 1/week.
• NO HAIR COLORING or WAXING PRODUCTS, or anything else that(URL HIDDEN)could permanently discolor or stain the towels or bedsheets (make up,(URL HIDDEN)body lotions, etc.).
• Keep any drinks or snacks away from the bed or rugs, to prevent(URL HIDDEN)staining.
• Light use of the kitchen between 8 am and 8 pm pm - quick and simple(URL HIDDEN)cooking or heating up, no heavy frying or baking, or heavy(URL HIDDEN)spices/ingredients that produce strong and lingering aromas (like garlic,(URL HIDDEN)onions, fish, etc.). Also, no foods containing MSG or nuts, due to the(URL HIDDEN)host's allergy. Thanks. Please ask for more details if not sure what this(URL HIDDEN)means..
• Sounds travel easily in this house, so please be aware and considerate of(URL HIDDEN)your fellow guests. You can always assume there is someone either(URL HIDDEN)across the wall, or upstairs or downstairs from you.
• Always use headphones when playing music, or streaming(URL HIDDEN)videos/movies.
• Do not talk on the phone, etc. between 10 pm and 9 am, unless it’s an(URL HIDDEN)emergency.
• Strictly no smoking of anything, vaping, etc. anywhere on the property.
• Please limit the use of fragrance or any other strong smelling substances(URL HIDDEN)to a minimum during your stay with us,(URL HIDDEN)as we are sensitive to it, as are some guests. All of your bedding and(URL HIDDEN)towels are washed in a fragrance-free laundry detergent.
• Do not use any kind of air freshener anywhere in the house.
• We try to make this place as allergen free as possible, and as(URL HIDDEN)comfortable for everyone as possible.
• Excessive alcohol drinking, drugs, are not going to be tolerated.
• If you occasionally return to the house during the quiet hours (after 11(URL HIDDEN)pm), please be as quiet as possible, as to not disturb others.
• Only guests who are registered through the Airbnb are allowed in the(URL HIDDEN)house.
• No shoes in the house
THANK YOU for helping us make this a pleasant experience for all !!!
Hi, we’re Julia and Kelly, a mother and son team. We both love travelling. When we travel, we pretty much always stay at Airbnb places, and we love it. It just makes it so much more personal, and we meet great people. Now we live in this big house in Vancouver, so we’ve decided to open it up to travellers like yourself, from all over the world.
A little bit about us: I (Julia) do web design and coaching. I also love landscape photography and dancing Salsa. Kelly works in the film and TV industry, and his passions include making videos, photography, skiing, off-roading…just to mention a few.
We’re looking for friendly, quiet, tidy and considerate people to share our house with, and we’re very much looking forward to meeting and hosting you.
Julia and Kelly