Privately owned & professionally managed (not a rental pool unit). A cut above. Near the front which offers exceptional gulf views and easy access.
My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with kids).
• PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EXPLANATION as there is important information about the property you are considering. My Galveston Getaway manages multiple properties – condos, townhouses, duplexes and private homes.
• AirBnB collects the State of Texas hotel occupancy taxes (6%) but NOT the City taxes (9%) that we are required to collect, report and pay. After you reserve we will request your email address and you can pay these taxes either by providing us with a credit card or through (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) – whichever you prefer. We hate this confusion as much as you do – trust us!
• We rent to responsible adults 25 years of age and older. That person must be present throughout the rental – please do not reserve a place for younger folks and think they’ll act like responsible adults ---- they are younger folks, not responsible adults.
• After you book you will receive a message from us asking for your email address. AirBnB uses an email relay service and we prefer to send your confirmation more securely as it will contain a code with which to access the property you have rented.
• We send confirmations 2-3 days prior to arrival and it contains driving directions and check-in instructions. We welcome any and all questions at any time – but we won’t give out this information further in advance.
• Smoking is permitted outside only, and with all doors closed to the property. Some of our properties are 100% non-smoking.
Our “cleaning” fee includes a damage waiver (we do not ask for a security deposit), use of bed sheets and bath towels (we don’t ask you to transport your own or rent them from a linen service upon arrival) and starter supplies of toiletries, paper products and coffee.
• Some of our properties invite a canine family member to join the humans. Others do not. If you are bringing a dog it is your responsibility to ensure that you have selected a dog-friendly unit, and you will need to pay the $75.00 nonrefundable dog fee either by (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or by credit card to the management company. If you rent a non-dog friendly property or do not pay the required fee, and bring a dog, we will refer you to a kennel on the island. Dogs are accepted on a case-by-case basis, should be kenneled inside the property when not accompanied by their humans, and not allowed atop the furniture at the property.
• Within a condo or homeowners’ association – there are always rules to be followed. These will be provided to you at the complex – things like don’t hang your towels on the rails, don’t feed the birds, quiet hours, hours for the common grounds, etc. By reserving with us you agree to abide by all of those rules.
• Some of the properties at which we manage charge a parking/resort/amenity fee. Renter is responsible for purchasing and displaying parking permit per the rules of the Association in which the property sits.
• The Victorian Resort charges $20.00 for rentals 1-15 days and $40.00 per month. They accept cash or credit/debit cards. They do charge tax on their resort fees making it $21.65 for short stays and $43.30 for the monthly rate.
• The Maravilla Resort charges $20.00 for short term rentals and $20.00 per month for extended stays. They accept credit/debit cards and personal checks, but not cash.
• By the Sea charges $15.00 per vehicle and accepts credit/debit cards only.
• Casa del Mar requires renters to obtain and display parking permits, but as of this writing, they do not charge for their parking permits.
• None of the complexes allow for trailers of any kind, RV’s, travel trailers, 5th wheels, boat trailers, jet-ski’s, storage trailers or any other type of vehicle to park on property.
• Each motorcycle is considered a vehicle and will require a separate parking permit.
• Any vehicle that does not display an appropriate parking permit is subject to towing and neither the complex in which it is situated nor this management company will be responsible. Purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee parking availability – all parking is on a first-come/first-served basis.
In 2004 I purchased my first Seawall Condo with intent only to use it myself. Then I got the rental bug, and I was hooked. Since then I have purchased three of my own, and at the request of fellow condo owners, I obtained my real estate license (required by law in the State of Texas to manage property owned by others) and began My Galveston Getaway which now manages almost 30 of the Seawall's nicest condos. I specifically market Seawall Condos and plan to do just that until I have established an inventory of 50 condos. I don't want to dilute what I do - I want to be the best at what I do!