Thanks for your feedback however I would like to clarify a few things so future guests are not confused by your comments:
1) The community is on a golf course, my unit over looks the pool area as seen in the photos. Golf course is definitely there many of my guest are golfers that love the location and ease of access to the club house of the Silverado course immediately outside the front gate a stone throw away.
2) You had been provide with hand Soap, dish Soap, washing machine & dishwasher detergent and Dryer Sheets along with toilet paper. This is more than most hosts provide. Sorry you expected something that wasn't advertised. Unlike hotels Airbnb owners don't usually provide all your toiletries so you might not be used to this, bringing your own shampoo and/or body soap is fairly standard with Airbnb.
3) All of your issues were addressed in a timely manner. The pool company was notified the same day as your complaint regarding the pool lights and it was fixed the same week. This again is not a Hotel, but a private community and things can take a little time to address this is normal.
4) Hot Water in Master - After a week+ into your stay you asked how to turn on the hot water in the master shower which I explained and I also offered to send a handy-man out during your stay, you did not indicate this was needed so it was , so it was assumed you figured it out. After you checked-out I had my handyman go by and he could find nothing wrong with the hot water in the master bathroom. Hate to say this but it was probably user error, or maybe you used up all the hot water that time so it seemed like it wasn't running hot. Its all connected to the same system and no issues were found with the water temperature.
5) The NEST thermostat is designed to save energy and the temp never went above 78 degrees while you were away. This is part of my effort to save the planet and the energy saving settings can easy be turned off and adjusted just like any thermostat you have control, but I never had an issue or compliant about this, it is possible that one of the guests in your group turned the temp down to 62 (even for a short period), and so the following night it remembered this as part of the schedule it try's to learn, obviously this isn't saving energy and after you staying for almost 2 weeks before having this issue it was probably the result of misuse and hardly a reason to leave early in my opinion.
I hope that you future experiences are better, I know that I provide a great product and level of service as proven by all the 5 star reviews and repeat guests and will continue to do so. All the best to you