Looking for something off the beaten track? Through Duara you can experience real Sri Lankan village lifestyle in peaceful Neluwa, close to the rainforest. Duara is more than just accommodation: you stay with a local family, cook and eat with them and take part in the villagers' daily activities. Your stay benefits the host family and village directly, as part of the payment goes to a local community organisation. There are several host families who can usually each host two travellers.
- Be cautious about showing affection in public.
- Show respect to the local culture and religion. Dress modestly. Especially women are encouraged to cover knees and shoulders.
- Do not show up home intoxicated or drink alcohol at the premises.
- Watch your language around children, do not publish photos of them unless authorised by parents, and do not take them outside the home without their parents' permission.
- You are entering a vulnerable community. Make sure you have a valid travel insurance. Understand, that you will be held responsible for any damage you may cause to your host family, their neighbours or their belongings.
- In case you have any allergies or special diets, inform your Duara Contact beforehand.
(Noch) keine Bewertungen
Diese Unterkunft hat noch keine Bewertungen. Wenn du sie buchst, wird deine Bewertung hier erscheinen.
Duara Travels is about more than just accommodation. It offers wholesome experiences of local life in rural, developing parts of the world. With Duara, you live with a local family in Africa, Asia or Latin America. You cook and eat with the family and get to join daily activities in the village. Forget about pools and luxury suites, get ready for bucket showers!
By choosing Duara, you benefit the village directly. Your host family and Duara Contact earn from your payment. In addition, 15% goes to a local savings group or community organisation, supporting the whole village around you.
Duara was founded in 2015 by four passionate travellers who want to rethink the income distribution in the tourism industry. We want to offer travellers the chance to make a positive impact while exploring the hidden parts of the world.