With 3,200 sq. ft. / 297 sq. m. of living space, this newly renovated updated luxurious - corporate style home with that perfect southern/modern charm offers every amenity guests need to experience all the best Home away from Home experience.
With two separate living rooms, a dining room/kitchen seating for 12+, an equipped kitchen (for those cooking enthusiasts!), a home office and a hammock/firepit to relax by after a day of exploring Raleigh.
PLEASE READ COMPLETELY AND THOROUGHLY BEFORE BOOKING
This Vacation Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between “DEREK AND JILLIAN” (“Homeowner”) and YOU the perspective tenant or (“Tenant”) as of the date and time recorded when Tenant makes full payment or takes possession of the property after receipt of this Agreement.
For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
Tenant agrees to abide by the Rental Rules listed below at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental group and anyone else Tenant permits on the property ("Visitor") to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
1. PARTIES / EVENTS: No parties or events are allowed, no exceptions. If you are looking for a party house, this property is not for you. Unauthorized parties or events are considered a breach of this vacation rental agreement and shall result in expedited eviction without refund.
2. PARKING: Parking is permitted on the driveway and in the garage only, accommodating 6 vehicles maximum dependent on size. Street parking is not permitted at any time and is subject to towing at vehicle owner’s expense. Improper parking of numerous vehicles along residential streets are a nuisance to our neighbors and is a violation of the Home Owners Association (HOA) policy.
3. NOISE: Johnston County has strict noise violation laws that affect the neighborhoods surrounding our home particularly, but not limited to, the hours between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. Please be respectful and keep noise levels as not to annoy or disturb the quiet, comfort or repose of nearby persons, neighbors and community.
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Tenant agrees to not exceed the number of occupants as specified on the online booking request at any time. Exceeding the occupancy limit, allowing undisclosed persons to occupy the property or any other misrepresentation will be considered a breach of this vacation rental agreement and shall result in expedited eviction without refund. Occupancy limits are in accordance with rules of the State Fire Marshall's Office.
5. PETS: No pets are allowed in the home, property or surrounding premises. Violation is considered a breach of this vacation rental agreement and shall result in expedited eviction without refund.
6. SMOKING: No smoking or “vaping” inside the home or attached garage. This includes but is not limited to traditional, tobacco, electronic or vaporizers. Violation is considered a breach of this vacation rental agreement and shall result in expedited eviction without refund.
7. PERSONAL PROPERTY: All personal property placed in or about the property by Tenant or Visitor shall be at the sole risk of Tenant. Homeowner shall not be responsible for loss, damage, theft, or destruction of such property from any cause.
8. CLEANLINESS: Tenant agrees to be mindful of the integrity of the home and keeping it tidy and clean during possession. Leaving the home in an excessively dirty or disrespectful condition upon check out will result in additional cleaning fees deducted from the security deposit at the Homeowners discretion.
9. ACCESS: Tenant shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
10. CONDUCT: Tenants shall not cause damage to the property or disturb neighbors, permit a nuisance to be maintained on the property, commit any violations of law, or violate health codes or other applicable federal, state or local laws, ordinances or restrictions. Tenant shall be responsible for the actions of all guests, and other persons on the property and shall not permit such persons to violate any of the terms of this Agreement.
11. SECURITY: The property has an installed security system and exterior video surveillance cameras. These systems are in place to provide property and asset protection for the Homeowner and should not be inferred or expected by Tenant or Visitors to provide personal security or protection while occupying. Tenant agrees to not tamper with, modify or disable any of the installed equipment.
12. EXPEDITED EVICTION: A material breach of this Agreement by Tenant, which, in the sole determination of the Homeowner, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to Tenant or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of tenancy.
13. SECURITY DEPOSIT: The security deposit shall be held by the online booking service pending inspection of the Property on or after the Departure Date. The security deposit shall not accrue interest. The security deposit, less any deductions for breach of this Agreement, damages, additional cleaning and/or other expenses as set forth in this Agreement, will be refunded by Homeowner within a reasonable time typically within 7 business days.
14. CANCELLATION: Any cancellation by the Tenant for any reason is permitted under this Vacation Rental Agreement. The Homeowner will refund 50% of all monies paid by the Tenant except fees, if the Tenant cancels at least 7 days before arrival date.
15: REFUNDS: Homeowner cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, televisions, cable service, internet service or other appliances or services. Tenant agrees to report any inoperative equipment or services to Homeowner immediately. Homeowner will make every reasonable effort to have repairs or service restored quickly and efficiently. No refunds or payment reductions will be made due to failure of appliances, equipment or services. No refunds for early departures, delayed arrival or reduction in days stayed.
16. RISK: This home is privately owned and the Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this vacation rental agreement, it is agreed that the Tenant is expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or Visitors whom they invite to use the premise. Tenant shall indemnify and hold harmless Homeowner from any liability, cost or damage resulting from any activities, actions, or non-actions by Tenant or others on the property, and Tenant shall pay all costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, incurred by Homeowner in connection with the same.
17. APPLICABLE LAW AND CONSTRUCTION: This Agreement shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina. The parties agree that venue for any dispute shall be in the appropriate courts in Johnston County, North Carolina. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or in violation of law, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect. If Homeowner waives a breach or noncompliance by Tenant, such waiver shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or noncompliance, and all other terms shall continue in full force and effect.
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL
North Carolina’s Vacation Rental Act protects consumers who rent a vacation property for fewer than 90 days. More information can be found at (URL HIDDEN)
Southern dears and darlings ourselves, we have lived on the East Coast for much of our life. You just cannot go wrong with horses, fried food, beaches, mountains and the charm of all the wonderful people around you. We have been so blessed with amazing friendships for ourselves and our children. Now living in the northern states, we look forward to many southern stays throughout the year to keep our roots watered and our charm in tact, as the good ol southern hug (or the squeeze you til you need to catch your breathe) just cannot be replaced. We are incredibly grateful for moments in life that are cherished. Sometimes the smallest moments in life, truly become the biggest things. Cherish each of them.