Two-story pet friendly ocean view home. 4 bedroom, 3 bath, Steps away from one of Santa Cruz's best beaches! Sunny courtyard with wood fireplace, BBQ, seating for 8, outdoor shower. The max. occupancy (overnight guests) is 6 people ( children/babies included).
Fully furnished and equipped, gourmet kitchen, free WIFI, large stone gas fireplace in the living room. Includes linens, towels, washer/dryer, Jacuzzi and walk in shower in master bathroom, outdoor shower - Beach chairs, boogie boards, and more!
Zugang für Gäste
Entire house and nearby beach is accessible to all guests.
Summary: A signed (hard-copy or scanned) rental contract is required to secure (finalize) the booking with us. The adult guest signing the contract as the responsible party must be twenty six (26) years or older. Only registered guests are allowed overnight. We can accommodate a maximum of six (6) registered guests (adults, or children/babies) overnight. The maximum number of people allowed for day use (between the hours of 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM) is twelve (12). We allow two (2) well behaved dogs (must be flea and tick free). They are not to be left unattended at the home for any period of time. Please clean up after your pet(s) and control any barking which may disturb the neighbors. Children and babies are welcome but the home is not child- proof. We do not provide any baby equipment but it can be rented locally. This area is a quiet neighborhood, and the Santa Cruz local ordinance is always in effect (specifies no noise after 10 PM).
FULL CONTRACT DETAILS FOR REVIEW:
Beach House Rental Agreement
1. OCCUPANT/SIGNER (“Signer”) agrees as follows:
The signer Occupant above is an adult over the age of 26, and will be an occupant of the home during the entire reserved period.
2. PROPERTY: Occupant rents, for vacation purposes only, the furnished real property and amenities described as “The B(URL HIDDEN) Yellow House”, a privately owned family home situated on East Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz, in the County of Santa Cruz, California (Herein referred to as the “Premises”).
3. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DATES
Date of Arrival:________________________ 4:00pm (or later).
(*Please, no early arrivals)
Date of Departure:_______________________ No later than 11:00 AM*.
(*Please be prompt on your departure time) Occupant acknowledges late departures are not provisioned. Occupant may be subject to a charge of $100 per hour past checkout, plus any additional damages incurred, including, but not limited to, the cost of alternate housing for other guests displaced by Occupant’s holding over.
*Arrival Time is 4:00 PM, and Departure Time is 11:00 AM.
* The strict arrival/departure times are due to the unavoidable change-over cleaning activity. Before every guest’s arrival, 3 to 5 professionals (scheduled weeks or months in advance for specific window of time), spend 4 to 5 hours (11am to 4pm) professionally cleaning and sanitizing the home, which is why the times are set as they are and must be held.
4. AUTHORIZED USE AND GUEST MAXIMUMS: The Premises shall not exceed a total of six (6) occupants (includes children and babies). In addition to the Primary Guest (Signer) who is over the age of 25 (per paragraph 1), only the following guests shall occupy the Premises (Please provide the names below and approximate ages of all individuals who will be overnight guests):
Other Guests/Visitors: The total number of transient (non-overnight) guests, plus the lodging guests listed above shall not exceed twelve (12) people total at any one time. (County Code (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (d)), guests understand that any and all gatherings require owner’s pre-approval. Do not assume additional visitors may casually sleep over anywhere on the property. Unauthorized or previously unapproved visitors are not permitted at the rental premises during the stay (County Code (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) .d). If the Premises are used in any way by more or different persons than identified in paragraph 4, or as previously agreed to in writing by the owner or referenced in general on this agreement; Note: Reasonable family or low-key social gatherings are usually OK, but require owner pre-approval. Exceeding maximum number of guests and/or cars at the property may result in the termination of this agreement and immediate eviction of occupant and any other guests, and the forfeiture of any payments.
5. VEHICLE PARKING MAXIMUM
A maximum of 5 vehicles may be parked on-site -County Code (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (d). For street parking in the general area (Live Oak), seasonal permits are required (Apr. thru Sept.) and can be purchased nearby at 7th St and East Cliff Dr.
6. PAYMENT: Occupant agrees to the following payments and fees: Security Deposit due immediately to confirm reservation, and Total Due payment as indicated below. Extra fees may apply as a vacation website traveler or service fee ((SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Airbnb etc.) and is collected by them. Full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival. Rates subject to change until booking confirmed. The Premises will not be held for Occupant until both the Initial payment and this Agreement signed by Occupant have actually been received and payments cleared.
7. SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGES –The occupant agrees to accept liability for any fees, costs, damages or excessive cleaning required by using the security deposit. Occupant also agrees full liability for any damage or repairs that may exceed the amount of the security deposit:
a. All or any portion of the security deposit, upon termination of occupancy or cancellation of this agreement, may be used as necessary to: (i) cure Occupant’s default in payment of rent, cancellation fees, non-sufficient funds (“NSF”) fees ($100 per check min.), or other sums due; (ii) repair damage inside or out, (excluding ordinary wear and tear) caused by Occupant or Occupant’s guests; (iii) extra or excess cleaning of the Premises; at the min. rate of $45/hr and (iv) adjustment or repair of TV/video equipment caused by mishandling or modification (such as hooking up video game devices or any other non-owner item) usage not described in the directions provided. (v) replacement or return of personal property. (vi) movement of the position or location of the outdoor concrete table set or fireplace. Whenever damages or cleaning are in excess of $500, Occupant agrees to be responsible for, any excess costs or fees for a period of 60 days after departure, even after the security deposit has been returned (normally returned within one week).
b. Deposit Refund: Within three weeks after Occupant vacates the Premises, Owner shall: (1) furnish Occupant a statement listing the amount of any security deposit (i) received, (ii) withheld and the basis, and (iii) withheld pending receipt of due charges (2) return security deposit due to Occupant.
8. ALL OCCUPANTS MUST OBSERVE THE 10PM to 8AM NOISE CURFEW.
(County Code 8.30.010). This includes any type of disturbance, such as loud talking or noise from pets. We are friends with our neighbors, they have our phone numbers. If a neighbor is disturbed, our policy is that if requested, we make one phone call to the tenant alerting you of the complaint.
The Occupants shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners and guests. Occupants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb the surrounding property owners and shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Occupants shall vacate premises upon owner request.
9. PET POLICY: Up to two (2) dogs may be permitted with prior written consent from Owner and additional fees apply when allowed (approval on a case-by-case basis). No puppies, ill-behaved dogs that chew or dig (we have planter beds) or bark excessively. Damage or waste cleanup costs may be deducted from the deposit. Please list any dogs that will occupy the property during Occupant’s stay (please list age, breed, and weight): (See Addendum A)
10. ABSOLUTELY NO HOUSE PARTIES! This is not a party house, reception venue or event center, please utilize a local nightclub or rental hall ( See SC County Code (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). GARBAGE-RECYCLING BINS: All trash must be disposed of in the proper covered containers (County Code 7.20.005) Bins are required to be put out (moved out to the end of the driveway) on Sunday. The Occupants shall dispose of all waste Please use the appropriate bins, specifically, do not mix regular with recycled. Any garbage left at the house must properly fit in the cans (with closed lids), may involve a charge for cleanup fees.
12. CLEANING: Premises will be delivered to Occupant in a professionally cleaned condition. Upon termination of occupancy, Occupant will deliver the Premises in generally the same condition, less ordinary wear and tear. If Occupant does not return the Premises in generally good condition, a charge may be deducted from the security deposit.
13. CANCELLATIONS; REFUNDS: If Occupant cancels or otherwise terminates this Agreement 60 days prior to the Rental Payment Due Date, all payments except a $250 reservation fee will be refunded. Service charges from vacation rental websites are non-refundable by us. If Occupant cancels or otherwise terminates this Agreement after the Rental Due Date, Occupant shall be responsible for all rent, and taxes and preparation costs, unless we are able to fully rent the property for the same exact days, in which case, only the security deposit will be forfeited. If amount due is not received by the Payment Due Date, Owner may, at Owner’s discretion, terminate this Agreement and refund to Occupant all payments except a $250 reservation fee.
14. NSF CHECKS: If a check or any payment is returned NSF, Occupant shall pay $100 as a fee. Occupant agrees that this charge represents a fair and reasonable estimate of the costs Owner may incur by reason of Occupant’s NSF payment.
15. NO SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the home or where excessive smoke can waft inside. Smoking is allowed on the outside decks/backyard but no smoking residue is allowed to be left anywhere outside. “Residue” includes odors, ashes, butts, matches or anything containing them. Smoking residue/butts must be put directly in outdoor cans- Never any indoor receptacle, plant, or Fireplace. DON’T LEAVE BUTTS ANYWHERE AROUND OR IN FRONT OF THE PROPERTY.
16. Supplies and Household Items: Owner provides towels, linens, silverware, dishes, soap, toilet paper, shampoos, etc. When these items are at the premises when the Occupant arrives, they are free to use them. Occupant is responsible for providing any additional items as needed. No refund will be made for unused items left by the Occupant at the premises. Bath towels and bed linens are not to be taken from the home (Beach towels provided may be taken to the beach).
17. MAINTENANCE/ OPERATION: Occupant shall properly use, operate, and safeguard the Premises including, water usage or neglect, citation levied, landscaping, furnishings, appliances, mechanical, electrical, video, gas and plumbing fixtures. Occupant shall immediately notify Owner of any problem, malfunction, or damage. Occupant shall pay for all damage, citation, or servicing as a result of failure to report a problem, or service/damage due to addition of any video gaming device. Note: Unplugging or plugging cables into electronic devices or connections may incur servicing costs.
18. PERSONAL PROPERTY AND INJURY:
a. Insurance: The Occupant’s or guests’ personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by Owner against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal or negligent acts or others, or any other cause. Owner does not insure against personal injury to Occupant, guests, or licensees due to any reason other than the condition of the Premises. Occupant Insurance: Occupant should carry or obtain insurance to protect Occupant, and guests and their personal property from any loss or damage. Call CSAA @ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
b. Indemnity and Hold Harmless: Occupant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Owner and Owner’s Representative from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage, or injury to Occupant, Occupant’s guests or licensees or their personal property. Occupant hereby acknowledges that the Premises includes an indoor Hot Tub and Occupant’s guests are to be fully aware/notified that the Hot Tub and any wet tile in the home can be dangerous, that the tile can be slippery, and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. Occupant and Guests will observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the property (labels, signs and tags). With full knowledge of the facts and warnings, Occupant and Guests assume all risks involved in or related to the use of the indoor Hot Tub and all tiled areas.
19. VACATE AND FORFEIT RULES: Occupants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement. Occupants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. Should the Occupants or their guests violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. At which time Occupant and all other guests would be required to vacate the premises and forfeit any rental fees and security deposit
Examples of situations that terminate agreement and warrant forfeiture:
a) Unauthorized guests or occupancy exceeding agreed sleeping capacity
b) A party, or gathering at the property that violates any part of this agreement
c) Any acts, loud sounds, or noise (even from pets) especially after 10PM which may disturb the peace and create neighborhood complaints or any police visits.
d) Causing damage to the home or any neighboring properties, or any illegal activity.
20. Right to Entry: The Owner has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement.
21. BEACH SAFETY: Occupant’s is aware of safety precautions, warning signs of hazardous water and surf conditions in or near the ocean. Occupant agrees that a responsible adult is supervising children at all times while swimming or playing near the ocean. Occupant is notified that the beach, cliffs, tide pools, and surf are dangerous, and Occupant is fully aware of the risks.
22. HOME SAFETY: Occupant and guests are fully aware to be cautious when using the stairs at the home and use the handrails. Occupant and guests are also aware that tile floors can be slippery when wet and that bathmats and towels are available and used in all bathrooms to prevent slips.
23. OUTDOOR FIREPLACE AND GAS BBQ, All guests are to be made aware (by the occupant) that these items can be very hazardous and neither can be operated by anyone incompetent, impaired, or under 21. The outdoor fireplace gets very hot. DO NOT MOVE OR RELOCATE THE FIREPLACE AT ANY TIME. NOTE: Children must be supervised at all times near any sources of high heat.
24. CONDITION OF PREMISES: Occupant, upon arrival, should examine the Premises, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures, and report issues (if anything is wrong). Reporting issues or does not give Occupant right to cancel the Agreement or receive a refund of payments made.
25. ALTERATIONS AND FURNISHINGS: Occupant shall not make any alterations in or about the Premises including, but not limited to, moving or relocating furniture (especially the concrete table and benches and Chimnea in back), will not change or swap video or audio cables or batteries. There will be no painting, unwiring, adding or changing locks, using screws, tacks, fastening devices, large nails or adhesive materials. Moving or relocating any indoor furniture without prior permission, particularly large or delicate items. The outdoor or dining chairs may be moved around as needed.
26. Occupants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that are made or incurred by Owner enforcing this agreement.
27. LEGAL USE: Occupant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as, but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. Non-legal use shall terminate this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits. All Fireworks or any other hazardous or illegal materials shall not be taken anywhere in or around the property at any time.
28. FIRE EXSTINGUISHER: The property has a fire extinguisher mounted in the kitchen. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. Occupant and guests are aware that it is available if needed and agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for emergencies.
29. OWNERS STORAGE AREAS: Occupant agrees not to access “owner’s storage areas” under the stairs, in the master closet, or outside in the shed - even if left unlocked, which contain tools, cleaning supplies, paints, and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. If found unlocked, please lock them for safety reasons.
30. SMOKE ALARMS: The property has multiple smoke/CO/ fire alarms installed throughout the house and are believed to be functioning properly at the time of rental. Occupant will notify management if any detector “chirps” or has a low battery or no light condition
31. Occupant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors and windows while away and please lock all windows and doors at the end of your stay.
32. Items left behind by Occupant will be held for the Occupant and a reasonable effort will be made to contact the Occupant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Owner. The Owner shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
33. NO REFUNDS DUE TO ISSUES BEYOND OUR CONTROL: Renters may experience service outages, weather issues, broken electronics or appliances, construction dust or noise issues nearby that are beyond our control. Report outages to us or PG&E. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages or any other issue beyond our control. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations due to unavoidable or unexpected conditions; this includes home services such as phone, wireless internet or any TV service.
34. Occupant is aware and agrees that the central heat shall not be set above 74-75 ˚F.
Keep doors, windows and skylights closed when the heater or fireplace is in operation.
35. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS/INFORMATION: - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
36. CLEANING AND DEPARTURE: Before Occupants leave they are to make sure that;
a) Dishes are cleaned and put away.
b) Used towels are placed near the laundry room.
c) Verify all tubs and showers are free of sand.
d) All personal belongings are collected.
e) Heating, Fireplace, lights and appliances are turned off.
f) Doors and windows are closed and locked.
g) House is picked up and ready to be cleaned, dusted, and sanitized.
37. ENTIRE CONTRACT: Contract is between Owner and the signer of this contract, herein referred to as “Signer Occupant”, who must be at least 25 years old and is certifying that they WILL BE AN OCCUPANT DURING THE ENTIRE RESERVED PERIOD. The contract is intended as a final expression of the parties’ agreement, and may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior agreement or contemporaneous oral agreement. The parties contend that this Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of its terms, and that no extrinsic evidence whatsoever may be introduced in any judicial or other proceeding, if any, involving this Agreement.
1. Prior written permission from Owner is required for any and all dogs at this rental.
2. Dogs must be kept under control and not be a nuisance, especially with any (URL HIDDEN) neighbor is especially sensitive to this, so be advised. Dogs must not be left unattended. You need to use a local kennel or find alternatives to leaving the pet alone at the Premises.
3. Occupant and Guests must clean up any animal waste. This includes properly disposing of all waste material in the garbage can. If any animal waste or digging damage is found on the property, a portion of the security deposit may be withheld.
4. Due to the small enclosed yard, please walk your pets daily and let them relieve themselves in a public place (always take a bag to clean up) to the lagoon nearby or at the beach (almost anywhere in Santa Cruz). Please do not allow your pets to damage any of the plants.
Pet waste or damage left behind may cause cleanup or damage charges.
5. Pets are not allowed on furniture. Any evidence of pets on furniture or damage to it may incur extra charges. Diggers, chewers, incontinent or untrained animals are not allowed.
6. All pets must have current vaccinations (including rabies). Heartworm preventative is highly recommended.
7. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar flea and tick repellent, no more than 20 days before arrival. Fleas and ticks can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and animals.
8. Owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury to pets while at the Premises. We are not responsible for any pets that get out of the yard.
9. Vicious, dangerous, or aggressive Pets will not be tolerated. Any such Pet with a tendency or disposition to attack other domestic animals or humans without provocation is not permitted at any time.
10. Complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise, barking, whining, or other nuisances may be cause for immediate departure of occupant or any and all guests upon owner request.
(Noch) keine Bewertungen
Diese Unterkunft hat noch keine Bewertungen. Wenn du sie buchst, wird deine Bewertung hier erscheinen.