This rustic modern, 730 sq ft, detached guesthouse overlooks the forested foothills. Hiking trail 200 yards away in 3 Sisters Park. Scenic backroad to Red Rocks bypasses most concert traffic. Wildlife galore! Newly remodeled space w/new bed, floor, furniture, & HDTV w/Roku. Enjoy tranquility while just 3 mile drive to the crowds of historic downtown w/restaurants, breweries, shopping, & lake activities. Our place is great for a couple or family wanting to figuratively bathe themselves in nature!
Secluded feeling, yet a central hub for your mountain adventures! Alpenglow sunrises await you with your cup of coffee.
After exploring for the day, take advantage of our tranquil backdrop by unwinding with a drink or relaxing on the deck with a good book—but we don't apologize for any deer distractions! Or, use this time to catch up with that Netflix series you always meant to watch—we won't judge!
Four people can comfortably hang out on the 2 brand new over-sized chairs, leather couch, bean bag, and our four-seat breakfast table.
We have a new 43" HDTV with Roku containing Netflix and access to other content. You can connect your phone to our stereo w/subwoofer via bluetooth or provided aux cable. High-speed wifi is available surrounding the guesthouse.
A sunny deck with patio furniture wraps half way around the guesthouse.
The guesthouse gets flooded with sunlight, but we have room-darkening drapes on the sunny morning side.
We, Amy and Cyrus, live in the A-frame chalet just downhill from the guesthouse. Don't worry, we will give you as much or as little attention/privacy as you want.
The detached guesthouse is above the garage (but we do not park cars in it). There are 2 outdoor parking spaces for guests in the paved driveway.
There is NO SMOKING of any kind allowed anywhere on the property.
We just put brand new wood porcelain tiles in the common area. You'll sleep in comfort in our new high-end queen memory foam mattress and bedding. There is a full-length mirror in bedroom.
There is no AC, but being in the foothills all you need is the ceiling fan in the living room and the stand fan in the bedroom (except during a major heat wave). Even when unusually hot, it cools down fast when the sun goes down.
**When more than 2 people are staying, we will provide a second queen spring mattress in the common space area next to the bean bag.**
- Nespresso coffee maker with pods
- assortment of teas
- surprise refreshments
- light snacks and breakfast items
- electric pour-over kettle w/thermometer
- mini-fridge (with small freezer)
- plates, glasses, mugs, etc
- burr coffee grinder
- cheese board and knife
- small ice cooler
It does not contain a kitchen sink, but bathroom sink can be used for basic washing. Please, no food scraps, etc down the toilet as we're on a very moody septic system.
If you are in need of more kitchen space/tools, we may be able to arrange something for you. Please let us know ahead of time.
On cold nights, we have a wood pellet stove that gives that cozy cabin feel.
We have a hair dryer, clothing iron, and ironing board available on request.
We can provide storage for road/mountain bikes. Single-track just 200 yards away!
Zugang für Gäste
You have access to the most of the property except for the main house, its wraparound deck, and the small fenced-in area containing our hot tub (unless given permission).
Our neighborhood shares the forest, and we mostly don't fence off the property boundaries. We will a provide a property boundary map so that you don't inadvertently wander onto neighbor properties.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We are often out exploring Colorado and the world ourselves, but if we are around, we'd love to help you with anything.
If you'd like, it would be our pleasure to take you around town to our favorite local hangouts.
Weitere wichtige Infos
There is an outdoor security camera monitoring the walkway and street entrance to the property for everyone's safety.
We are at 7600 feet. No one has had any problems with the altitude besides a few feeling more winded than normal on the first day going up the stairs. We recommend you not overexert yourself on the first day (especially coming from sea level) and drink lots of water starting two days before your visit. You will acclimate after a day or so.
Please do not arrive before 3 PM, unless prearranged, as we will likely still be cleaning from our last guests.
1. QUIET HOURS: 10 pm to 7 am. Sounds carry easily outside in the forest and we want to respect our neighbors. Inside the guesthouse during quiet hours, feel free to carry on with normal conversation and reasonable stereo volume.
2. STRICTLY NO SMOKING (tobacco or marijuana) or FIRE of any sort on the property. Forest fires are all too real out here. The pellet stove is the one exception, but for safety reasons, it must be turned off when leaving or going to sleep.
3. NO DOGS, *CATS*, OR OTHER PETS. We've had several guests try to sneak CATS in, but we inevitably find out by the telltale signs. We love them, but we want to provide a clean environment for those sensitive to pet dander and hair.
4. VISITORS. We have a 2 visitor at a time maximum and only between 7 am and 9 pm. Please ask us for permission beforehand. No overnight visitors.
5. SHOES. Please make yourself at home, but to help keep nature out, and clean comfort in, we appreciate removing shoes upon entering guesthouse.
FYI, there is an outdoor security camera monitoring the walkway and street entrance to the property for everyone's safety.