This is the first airBnB I have ever used. I am not sure what the expectations should be. My context: 9 people, one wheelchair bound. 4 separate groups (2 families, divorced parents). We stayed for 6 nights. Disneyland for two days, Universal for two days.
Positive: Great location for Disneyland. Very close. Also, perfect bedroom layout for my context. Downstairs bedroom for my wheelchair bound mom, a separate room for my dad, a third room for my sisters family of three, and a fourth room with a bunk bed for my family of four. In addition, great communication from Kristy. She responded quickly to two emails I sent upon arrival. She was proactive with arrival information and responsive to questions before we arrived.
1. The downstairs toilet leaked all over the floor. This presented a major problem for my mom. The leak affected the water pressure which caused the toilet to stop up regularly and required regular mop up of sewage water. Also, there was significant mildew/mold between the tub and the shower downstairs.
2. There were no top sheets on the beds. Comforters do not get washed as regularly or easily as sheets and this was a concern for us.
3. The floors were dirty. For the first couple of days, walking around in socks or bare feet blackened the bottoms. With three kids in tow, this was inconvenient.
4. There are multiple markings all over the walls, particularly on the stairwell.
5. The stove was not cleaned. We started to cook in the oven and the downstairs filled with smoke due to burning food left in the oven. I cleaned the oven myself.
Overall, this place was adequate for our needs, but I would not describe it as luxury unless the aforementioned issues are addressed.
Side note: Although not required, we washed all the towels, removed all fitted sheets and pillow cases of the beds we used, and took out all our garbage. I believe in being respectful of any place I stay, especially someone's home.