Charming c.1837 farmhouse on 413 acres of pristine forest and open fields. If you crave a quiet, serene, natural environment, this house and property is ideal for relaxation and renewal. Enjoys the stars on a clear night. Great for hikers with 7 miles of trails, open pasture dotted with wildflowers in the summer, and a bubbling brook with a bench for having a drink, quiet talks or meditating.
- No smoking is permitted inside the house and within twenty feet surrounding the house.
- The burning of candles is not permitted in the house.
- The fireplace doors shall be left closed after the fire is set.
Please remove your shoes, sneakers, and boots and leave them in the mudroom/laundry to the right of the side entrance so that the floors and carpets remain clean and in good condition.
- Quiet time after 10pm, especially in the living and piano rooms.
- You can use the house phone for local and emergency 911 calls only within Sharon, Woodstock and South Royalton. Please do not make long distance calls using the telephone.
I am an avid bicyclist, photographer, hiker, snowshoer, and I like sea kayaking. I love spending weekends and vacation time in Vermont, and I have enjoyed traveling to Maine, California, Colorado, Utah and Washington. My overseas travels have included Israel, France, England, Italy and Costa Rica. I play the clarinet and base clarinet in community bands. Going to jazz clubs and concerts and classical concerts are my favorite entertainments. In my local and state communities, I am on the boards of two organizations that raise funds for early childhood care and education, summer camping, food pantries, senior care, care for the disabled. I have three grown daughters, one granddaughter, and one grandson. I strongly value loyalty and good friendship.