E Komo Mai in our retro-hawaiian styled home. Each of the decoration pieces have been carefully collected by Ian and Mara and put together in this apartment to create a hip, retro, vintage and tropical kind of feel. Everything you need is here, it is a home not just a hotel! It was important for us to create something that has the cleanliness and amenities a hotel has with a more cosy feel to it. We love it and we hope you will too!
Our fully-equipped, airy, private abode welcomes rest and relaxation. Located at the foot of the beautiful Anahola mountain, your place offers a gorgeous view with a Hawaiian jungle feel at an affordable price. Visit our Retro Surf and Bed website for more details.
If you are coming to Kaua'i for the serenity and the beauty, look no further. Why wake up in a dim-lit condo when you can wake up in a retro, hawaiian styled home with an amazing view just out the door. A perfect place to make some coffee and enjoy breakfast on the porch?! A well-equipped kitchenette allows you to stay and enjoy the view in peace and quiet for as long as you like. Drive only 5 min down to the beach with complimentary snorkel, surf and beach gear. Return to clean up in your private full bath before heading out to explore the wonders of Kaua'i. Conveniently located at the gateway to the North Shore and in the other directions the sunny South Side. You are in the middle of the two most visited areas on Kauai. Explore the North and its wonders on a gorgeous day and when it rains just head south and you will find the sun and all the beauty it brings with it. Stay up late on your private lanai, listening to the distant ocean and gazing out at a sea of stars. Go to sleep on a supremely comfortable king-size bed. More magic awaits you tomorrow.
Why do people stay with us?
The unique location: most of us pick one area on Kauai to live on and never really leave that area! When you are here on vacation you want to take in all of Kauai's beauty and be able to go either direction. This place is right in the center of your adventure.
The location: We are on the North Eastern-Shore, right between the most beautiful North Shore and South Shore beaches. It’s a 5 minute drive to Anahola bay. You are 5 minutes from the nearest convenient store, a local burger hut, and a juice bar with the best acai bowls on the island, and 15 minutes away from the artsy Kapaa town with its quaint restaurants, shops and health food stores.
Off the beaten path: the unique view, the secluded area, the retro island-style charm of our apartment. This is a place and an experience that few will get to have!
A few things to note while you’re considering staying with us:
Bugs: They are reality for every island accommodation. We make every effort to provide a bug-free environment. However, the tropical climate means we have occassional visitors despite our best efforts. The most frequent visitors are harmless sugar ants with the occasional mosquito and geckos. There are no posiness animals or insects on this island. We use a myriad of methods to deter and remove them.
Sound: Your private studio apartment shares walls and two doors (locked and soundproofed) with the rest of our home. Thus, there will be some carryover of muffled voices or sounds. We recommend bringing earplugs, if you are a sensitive sleeper for the numerous Kauai roosters to allow for peace of mind and comfort.
Quirks: Your studio apartment has everything you need to be comfortable--a fully equipped kitchenette, a supremely comfortable king size bed, a sitting nook with a table for dining, a lanai (porch), a full bathroom, and plenty of beach equipment. It is, however, a one bedroom within a larger home, and not a free-standing structure. And it is comfortably and cleanly decorated in retro island-style.
Zugang für Gäste
Our guests will have private and exclusive access to:
- Well-equipped kitchenette, including such appliances as: electric stove-top with enamel cast iron ware, convection toaster oven, vacuum pot coffee maker, blender, pots and pans, utensils, dishes, etc. Save money and spend more time with the view on the porch!
- Full bath, with shower/tub, sink and toilet
- King-size Bed, with uber-comfortable memory foam mattress, new down pillows and clean, cozy linens
- Cable TV, with acces to your own Netflix account, Retro speaker with aux cable and Bluetooth connection
- Free Wireless Internet for all of your own devices
- A lanai with 180-degree panoramic view
- Beach Gear: boogie boards, silicone snorkel gear, beach bags, beach towels, coolers, beach chairs, beach umbrella. If you don't see what you need, ask!
- Guides: We have guidebooks and are available for personal recommendations.
- Massage: We have licensed massage therapists who will come to the house and we can get you in touch or set up an appointment for you. Please inquire for rates. Advanced noticed (24 hours or even before your trip) is appreciated.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Our guests enjoy a private one bedroom apartment with its own private entrance and lanai. We stay in the other half of the duplex, leaving you in peace and quiet unless you need anything.
Ian and Mara are happy to make recommendations for local things to do (hikes, surfing, restaurants, snorkeling, other activities, etc.). We handle the cleaning ourselves, so anything to help us when you leave (such as cleaning your dirty dishes) is much appreciated.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Please Note: ALL RESERVATIONS WILL BE CHARGED LOCAL HAWAII STATE TAXES OF 13.25% (GET & HAT), IN ADDITION TO RATES POSTED ON AIRBNB, when guests check-in, payable via cash, check or debit/credit.
Tax Info is displayed inside the unit.
Also please note we give preference for longer stays and ones that match up with previous or upcoming stays. We appreciate having back-to-back bookings and seek to avoid one to two night "gaps." Thank you for your understanding. There is a discount if you book a week or longer.
We want you to have the BEST STAY possible with the BEST VIEW possible! Our goal is for you to have everything you need and easy access to everything you desire.
Mahalo for your interest!
- We try to keep it simple: - No smoking - No one under 18 - Outdoor shoes stay outside - White towels are for indoor use only A note on taxes: We collect Hawaii's Travel Accommodations and General Excise Taxes separately from Airbnb (TAT & GET total to 13.25% of payout to us). After your inquiry/booking, we will calculate and send you the specific tax amount ahead of time so you can be prepared to pay the tax via cash, check, credit card or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) (EMAIL HIDDEN) before or upon your arrival. A note on expectations: We require EACH guest who will be staying with us to read the description of our place so that everyone has a clear understanding of what to expect. We don't want only one person reading the description and making the reservation, resulting in a travel companion not being fully satisfied. In case it just isn't what they are looking for. We want to make sure each person has a fantastic stay, and believe our detailed descriptions will give all parties an accurate sense of the place. A note on mud stains: Kauai's dirt/mud is notorious for getting everywhere, so please use our outdoor hose with spray nozzle to rinse off excess dirt/mud. We may have to charge for ruined white sheets/towels if a guest muddies them too much. (See Kauai's infamous "Dirt Shirts" to know what we mean when the mud here stains!) Nonetheless, we are understanding and appreciate your careful consideration for the next guests and our cleaning abilities!
There will be a Waiver of Liability And Hold Harmless Agreement that will need to be signed before or upon arrival.
Aloha and welcome to our home. Ian and Mara are a very active couple who love to be outdoors and like to take their dog Polar on adventures. Both of us surf a lot in our free time and we play basketball. Ian moved to Hawaii over 10 years ago from Florida and Mara is from Germany and moved here more than 6 years ago. We like to live a healthy lifestyle through exercise and healthy food and do the best we can to protect and respect the environment.
Aloha und Willkommen in unserem Zuhause
Ian und Mara sind ein sehr aktives Paar. Wir lieben es in der Natur zu sein und mit unserem Hund Polar auf Abenteuer zu gehen. Wir beide surfen sehr viel in unserer Freizeit und spielen außerdem noch Basketball. Ian ist vor mehr als 10 Jahren aus Florida nach Hawaii gezogen und Mara kommt ursprünglich aus Deutschland und lebt seit ungefähr 6 Jahren hier. Wir leben ein sehr gesundes Leben, dadurch dass wir aktiv sind und uns gesund ernähren und unser bestes geben die Umwelt zu beschützen und zu respecktieren.