If you are looking for a retreat with beautiful Hill Country views and sunsets (from the pool!) and a country getaway feel....but just 2 min. from downtown Wimberley Village, then look no more! Mockingbird Hill is waiting for you!
This thoughtfully renovated 1980's home is beautifully decorated in handmade furniture, antiques, amazing art, cultural treasures and a variety of musical instruments for your exploration.
Nearby attractions: It’s only a short drive to all the best that Wimberley and the surrounding areas have to offer including: Less than five minutes drive are Blue Hole Regional Park (top rated swimming hole and recreational park in the country!), the Blanco River, Shopping on Wimberley Square, Market Days, Wimberley Zipline, Corral Outdoor Movie Theater, Emily Ann Theatre, Wimberley Playhouse, fine or casual dining. An easy distance away you can find Wimberley Glass Works, wineries, breweries, and distilleries in the surrounding hill country. Take a short drive to visit Dripping Springs (historic district shopping), Gruene Hall (for dancing and more live music!), New Braunfels (waterpark) or San Marcos (tubing on the river or taking the Kayak run for practice), Driftwood (Salt Lick BBQ), Blanco and Austin.
Enjoy walking, jogging, or cycling Flite Acres Road, Little Arkansas Road, or Little Ranches. Blue Hole Regional Park also offers 3.5 miles of easy trails for pedestrians and cyclists and a playground, volleyball, amphitheatre and basketball court.
When it's time to relax there's plenty of room to enjoy the great outdoors at Mockingbird Hill - from stargazing from the pool or deck to just sitting on the front porch watching the sunset views. A fire pit is available on the front 1-acre lawn and can be used when Burn Bans are off. An electric BBQ grill is provided on the deck. A ‘kitchen garden’ and sitting area is accessible through the rear kitchen door.
This is an eco-friendly home. We use environmentally conscious practices whenever we can: eco-friendly detergent, soaps, shampoos, cleaning supplies. All linens are organic cotton or bamboo. Low energy appliances, ceiling fans in every room, and kitchen garden.
Note: The garage apartment to the right of the property is occupied at times, but is separated from the main house by a breezeway and driveway. The guest house has the pool, parking pad and main yard as the private space. Guest privacy will be respected at all times!
Inside you'll find:
Living Room - The spacious living area sports high-beamed ceilings, comfortable seating, a 1910 Lauter baby grand piano, various musical instruments for guest’s inspiration, free Wifi with Netflix available (or you can bring your iPad and hook it up to the TV. There is no cable TV at Mockingbird), UE Boom portable speaker (auxiliary connection or Bluetooth) so you can carry the music to the pool if desired. Plenty of books to browse, musical instruments to play, game cabinet, pool cabinet for outdoor dining (plates, bowls and plastic cups/wine goblets (no glass by pool please) and beach towels. And floor to ceiling windows with hill country views and a picture window of the backyard kitchen garden. Sleeping accommodations in the LR include a double sized futon couch/bed and 2 single futon chairs that can be put together end-to-end for a twin bed.
The dining area seats 8 comfortably.
The large galley kitchen has all new appliances and is fully stocked for those scrumptious meals you would like to cook! Also provided are: Basic condiments and spices, Coffee maker and organic coffee, teapot and assorted teas in the tea cabinet, 4.5 gallon Berkey water filter (no plastic water bottles needed!), recycling bin (please help Mockingbird Hill reduce and reuse waste), and a washer/dryer off the kitchen.
Bedroom 1 - a master suite with queen sized bed, a beautiful wardrobe armoire for guest use, full bath with private water closet, a sweet writing/office area and floor-to-ceiling windows with hill country views.
Bedroom 2 - The 'music room' has a twin bed and separate trundle with memory foam mattresses, 1920's dresser and decorations that suit the room's use as a vocal coaching space when not leased. The music room does not have a closet available, but there is a hall closet for use.
Bedroom 3 - has a very comfortable queen bed with an antique dresser and 2 small closets. One closet is used as an extra linens closet. Views of the natural landscape on the hilltop can be seen from both Bedroom 2&3.
- Pet Owner: Two dogs and a cat live on the property but are separated from guests when house is in use. They will occasionally be in the front yard when guests aren't present.
- No smoking or pets are allowed on this property.
- There is a limit of 4 vehicles unless otherwise approved.
- Mockingbird Hill is family friendly but please be mindful that the pool is just a few steps from the front door and is not fully gated. Small children must be closely supervised.
- Noise curfew in effect 9pm-8am.
- Mockingbird Hill's goal is to ensure that you have a marvelous stay. Please let the owners know if there is anything they can do to achieve that goal by contributing to the suggestion box!
Enjoy your Stay!
Zugang für Gäste
The main house, pool and grounds are accessible to guests. Occasionally, tenants (and sometimes the owner) reside in the garage apartment next to the main house which is separated by a breezeway and driveway. Please do not disturb tenant.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Host is available by text.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Garage apartment tenant/owner will occupy lower parking spaces. Please be specific about how many cars we need to accommodate.
- Mockingbird Hill is family friendly, but please be aware that the pool is just a few steps from the front door and is not fully gated. Children must be supervised closely.
- Although the house feels private up on the hill, we are in a neighborhood. No noise outside after 9:00 pm.
- A firepit is provided when Burn Ban is Off! Please do not leave fire or hot coals unattended.
- Must be over 25 to rent
- 6% State Tax added to total- guest will see prior to booking
- Toilet is on a septic system. Toilet paper only please!
- Tenant (and sometimes owner) resides in the guest apartment on the property, but will respect your privacy at all times.
- Parking for 4 cars maximum
- This house has a septic system. Please do not flush feminine products, cleaning wipes, or other items. If it is found that these items have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for damages for the cost of repairs. Please dispose of any kitchen grease in the trash after it's cooled.
- The homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for loss of personal belongings or valuables of any guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others who they invite to use the premises.
Please load and run the dishwasher when you leave. Please put your dirty towels in the bathtub upon departure.
I grew up in Texas but have lived on the east and west coast as well. Wimberley drew me in with its beautiful rivers and creeks, gorgeous hill country and the warm friendliness of the people. I am a singer/songwriter and vocal coach in my spare time. Mockingbird Hill is a reflection of my love for music, gardening, cooking, nature, the outdoors, and creating beautiful spaces for people to enjoy. I aim to make your stay with us a relaxing, inspirational experience that you won't want to end!