“Sun sto Spiti” is a '60s house with a yard, recently renovated as to maintain the style and architecture of that time, by the architect & product designer, Mariza Tsiligkiridi. It consists of 2 apartments (elevated ground floor and 1st floor) of different design styles and a studio (ground floor). It can host a total of up to 10 individuals in 4 different rooms. It is located at Filopappou area (a historical district near the Acropolis) in one of the quietest neighbourhoods at downtown Athens.
Mid-century modern triple bedroom has a shared bathroom with a double bedroom, is at the elevated ground floor of "Sun sto Spiti" and its name is "Haralampos".
Some info about the apartment: Design apartment (62 square meters/ 3,12 meters height) with separate entrance and which includes a hall, a 6-seater dining table, a fully equipped kitchen with a 2-seater table, a bathroom and 2 bedrooms (1 single-space and 1 double-space). The double-space bedroom has a space with 2 single beds of 75x190cm and 90x190cm respectively (which can form a double bed, when brought together) and another space with a sofa-bed of 120χ190cm. The other bedroom has a double bed of 160x200 cm. Thanks to its stone-wall construction, the apartment is cool in summertime while maintaining heat in wintertime. The apartment can be rented per room or an entire apartment, where the double-space room is transformed into a living room. The decoration is of mid-century modern style with original restored furniture of that time, along with elements of contemporary design of the 1950s.
In the elevated ground floor and the 1st floor, you will find: air condition units and radiators; hot water; fully equipped kitchens with toaster, kettle, moka coffee pot, coffee maker, refrigerator, electric hobs, stove, pots and pans, dishes, glasses and cutlery, as well as fresh herbs from the garden, spices and Greek extra virgin, organic olive oil; amenities including hair dryer, iron and ironing board, fresh linen and towels, shampoo and shower gel; radio, USB player and Wi-Fi connection.
For more information about "Sun sto Spiti", please contact us.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests can have access to the common fully equiped kitchen, bathroom and dining room. Also they can have access to the common yard equipped with solar lightning and seating with tables for 10. The plants include a variety of Mediterranean herbs and aromatic plants, suitable for cooking.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We love meeting travelers from other countries as we can exchange experiences. We like treating others the way we would like to be treated when traveling: with discreetness, hospitality, ideas for the most beautiful places of the area as well as for new destinations; all accompanied by bright smiles and positive energy!
Weitere wichtige Infos
The house is a corner, 3-facet building with southern orientation which makes it exceptionally bright, thus sunny and airy;-)
Its great brightness, thanks to its orientation, along with the familiar sensation that this house conveys once you walk in, inspired us to name it “Sun sto Spiti” which has a double meaning: 1/ “Sun at home” (literally) and 2/ “Feel like home” (metaphorically) as in our place you will feel like home!
We are happy to offer you flexible check in, from 10:00 to 21:00 according to your needs. This depends on availability of the property (if there is a guest before or after you), due to the time necessary for cleaning the apartments. Otherwise, check in is at 15:00 and check out at 11:00. For check in from 21:00 to 10:00 an extra charge of €15 applies.
- We just ask you to treat our home as you would treat your own, with respect to the property and our neighbours (please respect quiet times).
- Please note that you are not allowed to rent or sublet the apartments, or to invite random people to the property.
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors.
- Never leave keys on the door whether you are in the house or you check out.
- You are welcome to use everything you may need in the house as long as you take good care of it.
- Always use the toilet bin to avoid clogging.
- We also ask you not to engage in dangerous activities/ behaviours, for example heavy drinking, illegal substance abuse or violence.
- In any case, you should report any damage or problems to us as soon as possible so that we can be of assistance to you.
- We are happy to offer you flexible check in, from 10:00 to 21:00 according to your needs. This depends on availability of the property (if there is a guest before or after you), due to the time necessary for cleaning the apartments. Otherwise, check in is at 15:00 and check out at 11:00. For check in from 21:00 to 10:00 an extra charge of €20 applies.
- You are kindly asked to provide a photocopy (or a photo via email) of your passport (or your ID for the EU travellers) and the town of your residence before or upon arrival. In case you stay more than 10 days you are kindly asked to provide a photo of the passport (or your ID for the EU travellers) of each person that will stay in "Sun sto Spiti".
- Please do not leave any valuables in the house. We do not take responsibility for loss.
- Babies and children are welcome to "Sun sto Spiti", but unfortunately the apartments do not meet all the requirements for babies and children, especially under 5 years old. However, if you decide so, please let us know, so that we could help, giving you all the information needed about the house and providing you with all the bulky but necessary kids and baby equipment.
- ACCESS TO BUILDING ROOF IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. These restrictions are in the interest of safety due to the risk of injury or death should a fall occur.
- Always close the shutters or the windows before you leave.
- Please always lock the door when you are not in the house and when you check out, please leave the keys inside the apartments and close the door.